Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance GW1 Farewell Screenshot Contest 20th-24th August!

+2
tulenele
Hennu
6 posters

Go down

Alliance GW1 Farewell Screenshot Contest 20th-24th August! Empty Alliance GW1 Farewell Screenshot Contest 20th-24th August!

Post by Hennu Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:32 pm

Changed Times a Bit!
Screenshot Contest 20th-24th August!

Theme: My farewell to Guild Wars 1!

It has come to the moment..where we all shall (at some point) say our Farewells, to our precious Guild Wars! Do you have a special place in the game, or special people, whom you would want to Eternalize yourself with in a form of screenshot? Or special activity you did so much that you will miss it! Or maybe it is just your Characters that will not make it to the next game that you want tosay Goodbye to .. :O! A pet? Your Smexy armors? Favorite Rock U liked to stare? FAvorite Salvage kit you cant depart of? Favorite PvP Arena were you sought Eternal Glory? Whichever it may be, create a screenshot expressing this Farewell to Guild Wars game, where you (perhaps) spent years in. Show your Nostalgy to everyone!

Please write a Poem, Speech, some written text where you express your feelings about this! This time, it can be maximum 200 words.. Very Happy!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Instructions How to join, Read just in case although its same as always (CLick this white box):

Picture Sending time Ends 26th of August, Sunday 2 am EDT time, aka 6 GMT!!after this no more pictures are accepted. (Time stamp in emails/messages counts for getting in then o.o)

~1h later picture-links are posted to forum and voting can start.

Screenshot Sending time: Monday 20th -Sunday 2 am EDT time, aka 6 GMT!!

Voting Time: 1 day starting from Friday 24th 11.30 pm EDT, till Tuesday 28th 2.30 am EDT aka 6.30 GMT!

Voting happens on forum. In same topic as screenshots will be posted.

Voting system:
After voting has ended and points have been counted carefully its reward time! (~1h from that).

Rewards:

5 main Rewards. Select 1 from these lonely minis who dislike my storage Zoo:

Undedicated Shiro
Undedicated Flame Djinn
Undedicated Oola
Undedicated Candysmith Marley
Undedicated Black Beast of Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh

+ 100 Platinum to the 1st place winner!

Consolation Reward for everyone who participates to this contest: Beautiful, Perfect Diamond

(Sowwy, I went a bit poor this month but these rewards might get boosted later this week!)
(Ah if you want to donate, that is also welcome!! Very Happy)

PLZ! Do not sign up by posting your screenshot to this topic!! SOwwyy!! Upload it and send it via Private Msg or send directly to me via email: katyanightflame AT hotmail.com Very Happy

Okay! I guess this will be my last Screenshot Contest that I hosted in GW1, so.. *SOB SOB* Shocked Crying or Very sad please join everyone who has a itch for doing so!!! Very Happy Very Happy!!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! Very Happy alien cheers

Last edited by Hennu on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heroes
Number of posts : 441
City : Finland
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Ets Stuff :D
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Alliance GW1 Farewell Screenshot Contest 20th-24th August! Empty Re: Alliance GW1 Farewell Screenshot Contest 20th-24th August!

Post by Hennu Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:59 am

LOL Time To send..Extended till Tomorrow, only 3 participants and theres 5 rewards to pick off! Very Happy So ,,Sunday 2 am EDT time, aka 6 GMT!! Very Happy

(Enjoy GW2 Everyone XD!! And if there was a moment to search trough your old GW1 screenies, do it! Very Happy)
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Alliance GW1 Farewell Screenshot Contest 20th-24th August! Empty Re: Alliance GW1 Farewell Screenshot Contest 20th-24th August!

Post by Hennu Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:04 am

Here are the participants to Alliance Screenshot Contest!

Silent As The Sun [HEH]
Alliance GW1 Farewell Screenshot Contest 20th-24th August! Screenylast
Link
ok this very badly taken screenshot contains a lot of my firsts. This is my first pet that i captured in Ascalon on my first character you see before you. The weapon i wield is the first purple weapon given to me by the first guild leader i had. The trousers are the first thing i made myself. The mini is from my first festival attended. And the mask is the first thing i completed prophecies in. All shot in the first guild hall of my first guild.

Finnguala [Liar]
Alliance GW1 Farewell Screenshot Contest 20th-24th August! 7841010776_5761a90e33_c
Link
I take no damage with no effort indulged,
After 250 years, I wonder how we’ve diverged…

Modesty [AoL]
Alliance GW1 Farewell Screenshot Contest 20th-24th August! 2wfn3g5
Link
When Modesty will be chillaxing in GW2 she will be nostalgically remembering how was in GW1. How she was enjoying in discovering mysterious hidden stuffs or how she was happy when she was playing with the shiny effects. She will also happily remember a guild in which she planned to stay in only for a one week but then nice and kind people changed her mind and she stayed with them forever Smile.

Voting Starts now! Very Happy

Voting Time: ~2 day starting from Friday 24th 11.30 pm EDT, till Tuesday 28th 2.30 am EDT aka 6.30 GMT!

Voting happens on forum. In same topic as screenshots will be posted.

VOTING SYSTEM:

Give 2 points to the screenshot you like most.
Give 1 point to the screenshot you like second most.
Don't vote your own picture please. (lol)
Please don't edit your voted points afterwards.

After voting has ended and points have been counted carefully its reward time! (~1h from that).

Good Luck everyone! Smile

Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by tulenele Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:11 am

2 points to Finnguala, haha was a good one Very Happy
1 point to Silent As The Sun for such a nostalgic picture!

tulenele
Level 1
Level 1

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:37 am

Modesty...2 (seriously... 1 week!!! lol)
Silent....1 cool picture!!
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 782
City : Worcester Ma USA
Hobbies : reading, time with kids
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by modesty Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:20 am

Silent As The Sun [HEH] --> 2 Points
Finnguala [Liar] --> 1 Point

@Aura: True story Very Happy

modesty
modesty
Level 6

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:35 am

EXTENDING VOTING TIME !! CAuse..Why not. Very Happy!! At some point everyone looks here on forum from all the GW2 fun! Very Happy

SUNDAY 5 am EDT / 9 am GMT it ends! Very Happy Vote vote vote
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:04 am

+2 Modesty (I remember the first time I saw that Xunlai Chest and was awed).

+1 Silent (Melandru's Stalker! I saw one in Guild Wars 2 the other day and was like, "Woa!" Best pet ever).
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1097
City : Mid-Atlantic USA
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:22 am

+2 Modesty

+1 Finnguala
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:35 pm

2 points --> Tranquil Modesty! I love this kind of story, memories and the meaning of guild friends!!! *sniff* this is lovely example of the awesome aspects of our beloved Guild Wars 1.. How it drew people from all around the world together and created everlasting bonds! Very Happy

1 point --> Silent As The Sun! This is very Nostalgy filled picture! I love this how you have kept all those stuff and it is actually same what I did on my elementalist..she still has her very first Gold Staff of Tenguslaying (which I thought was powerful feature in a staff and later on realized how much I like Tengus) still in her inventory, for 7 years now xD!! And your pet, awww!!! *sniff*

A cloaked point and a nostaly Cookie to Finnguala! We all have our..stuff we did in the game and perhaps sometimes they pop up in our mind when we are doing daily stuff. Smile Farming places, where we spent hours, either enjoying or being bored xD!! I do love the story this picture tells too..how we were powerful 250 years ago, killing deadly monsters alone and getting rich.. Very Happy!!

All screenshots are so nice and give me a tear in eye almost!! GW1 feels like a bit distant now!!! So these memories we have are..comforting, nice Smile. I do love Guild Wars 2 but I'll also always love Guild Wars 1!! Very Happy

___
Since there was only 3 participants in this contest, and I really appreciate the effort that everyone , so as a thanks I boosted up the rewards a bit! Aka, now everyone also gets CASH tomorrow after vote!! Alongside the little minipet! Very Happy

Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:05 am

Voting has now Ended. Announcing results soon. Smile
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:01 am

And the winner of the farewell to GW1 alliance screenshot contest is..

*Drumming Madly*

TRANQUIL MODESTY!!!! WITH 8 Points!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Alliance GW1 Farewell Screenshot Contest 20th-24th August! 2wfn3g5
When Modesty will be chillaxing in GW2 she will be nostalgically remembering how was in GW1. How she was enjoying in discovering mysterious hidden stuffs or how she was happy when she was playing with the shiny effects. She will also happily remember a guild in which she planned to stay in only for a one week but then nice and kind people changed her mind and she stayed with them forever Smile.
https://2img.net/h/oi45.tinypic.com/2wfn3g5.jpg

The other participants:

2nd Silent As The Sun! With 6 pts!

3rd Finnguala! With 4 pts!

Congratulations to all Winners!

Rewards:

Select 1 from these lonely minis who dislike my storage Zoo:

Undedicated Shiro
Undedicated Flame Djinn
Undedicated Oola
Undedicated Candysmith Marley
Undedicated Black Beast of Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh

+ 100 Platinum to the 1st place winner!
+ 75 Platinum to 2nd placer
+ 50 Platinum to 3rd place

Claim your rewards from me by sending pm when you are online to get it. As I assume we are all in GW2 regularly, I doubt we just happen to pop into each other in GW1, so thats why pm me! Very Happy

Thanks for everyone who joined. Its been pleasure hosting the screenie contests for the alliance Very Happy!

GL to everone in GW2 and make sure you snap the coolest screenshots along the way. Very Happy
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by modesty Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:54 am

Thanks to all who voted for my screenshot and gz to other winers.
modesty
modesty
Level 6

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down