Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AoL GW 1

4 posters

Go down

AoL GW 1 Empty AoL GW 1

Post by Kiera Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Aura, Beau, Dayle, Neo,
Here's the problem I encountered in AoL 1. It has a roster full of people who are playing GW 2 at the moment but occasionally pop over, especially for events like what happened Friday Night.

It is not feasible to grow a Guild if we have/are obligated to maintain members as a courtesy, PLUS if roster is kicked so we CAN grow, then the GW 2 members have no where to go for their events to be held.

Friday night illustrated a serious conflict not thought of previously. For people in GW 2 to log in for an event, since it excludes GW 1 players is awkward and felt like "hey we're in your GH where you play on a daily basis but you're not invited".

Options we had were this:
1. The GW 1 roster were cut down to only those still actively playing on a regular basis, giving those IN GW 1 an opportunity to grow the Guild with people here in our game. That means you all reading this would have been cut as well except for Neo as honour courtesy.
2. We continue as is, the active people have moved to TOA which is tied in for the time being and that allows AoL GW 1 to be the summer home for AoL GW 2. No conflicts no problems.

The original thought was to grow AoL in GW 1, but if the people busting their asses with earning factions, wandering around, and actually talking to each other don't feel this is their home, then there's not much I can do.

My folks here in 1 want a Guild to call their own. Since this core is not playing GW 2, they don't feel it is acceptable we are bound or obligated towards any group outside of GW 1. Also, I am not the GL of TOA as the group has chosen another by majority vote Smile

Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

AoL GW 1 Empty Re: AoL GW 1

Post by neoteo Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:54 pm

Kiera ...

we dont need people that are offline for 2 years , i think you can kick who ever is offline for more then 1 or 2 months ... people know where the forum is ...
there is no reason to keep someone that was nice a year ago in the roster , if they want to come back , they can reach us in the forum ...
the roster was always based on this rule ... kick to invite. and the ones to kick are the last on the list , the ones who are inactive for longer are the ones going.
and the same for guilds in the alliance, if the alliance is full , we kick the guild that is less social to give room to a new one ... kicking all the guilds like you did, it seams like a burned out officer that kicks all the members and runs away move.

Now if people dont feel at home in AoL guild .. then they can move to another guild , but if you are helping to build another guild taking advantage of being GL in AoL i dont understand why.

im sorry but im very disappointed with your last moves on gw1 ... i hope what ever you do , dont kick me from the guild and let me be the last man standing.

when i went to gw1 and see the alliance with only one guild attached and then i read the message saying we are moving to the other guild.

this feels like our boat is under attack by pirates, everyone is jumping to the other ship before the ship sinks ... really i saw the death of AoL .. im afraid to go there again of what i might see.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:30 am

I don't feel I have much of a say in this. Do what you feel you have to do to keep people happy in GW1. Like I said before these are games if you aren't happy and having fun, then what is the point. I don't want to see AoL disappear in GW1. I've been very wrapped up in GW2, but I still hope to pop back in there from time to time.

I didn't mean to cause a stink with Grandmaw the other night. Just three of us popped in to do the roll for the raffle like I had mentioned to you earlier in the week.

The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:42 am

i think that the people that play both games will not be a issue in terms of space ... maybe im roung but i think there wont be more then 20 people doing that .. thats why i dont see a valid reason to do what as been done ..

as beau said this is a game , but is also a comunity , so we need to be carefull when pressing some buttons

anyway i respect you "kiera" for the friend you are, and what you did to all of us as a leader of this comunity, im sure you have the best intentions in what you are doing now , i just dont agree with them.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:25 am

Well... honestly, I don't know where to go... GW2 seems like a solo game to me where I just go in to do my thing... I don't feel a social network at all there... and sadly, I'm thinking about kicking myself fromt he officers list... I don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything in GW2.

As for GW1, I didn't see anything happening there either... it was dead. The main reason for this is that we had all those pre GW2 members who never came on. As I said to Grammaw earlier, they should have been kicked, but no one wanted to. You can't grow as a guild if nonexistant members are still on. As Neo pointed out, if they wanted back into the guild, all they had to do was ask us on the forum... I suggested that Kiera state something on the GW2 site stating she would kick all those who havent' been around for two weeks.... and if they wanted a invite later on... to ask. Leave it up to them... AoL (1) needed to start over... but now all hell has broken loose.

I understand Grammaws point of view... it is their home!! We should have asked if we could use their GH to do the /roll100... it was impolite to stampede on their grounds and do what we like just because it used to be our home. I'd be pissed if my son came home after so long a time and had a party at my house without inviting me or at least asking. We, at GW2 had no right. When was the last time we had been there???? I have stopped by several times hoping to keep in touch with all those in GW1... but I really wasn't playing like GW1 people. All I'm saying is... we shouldn't have pushed our way in and act like we did nothing. I can understand why Grammaw and others don't feel at home their with ex-GW players taking over. I wasn't there, but I can hear the anger and sadness in Grammaws voice for what happened... do we really want to do that to them?? The ones who weren't able to get on GW2? imho... it was wrong and disrespectful to our old friends...

Sadly, I am leaving AoL in GW1 and joining ToA.. I am also going to step down as officer in GW2 since I don't like how that's being run either. I feel like I have to be a level 80 to be with the in crowd...and would rather just be on my own... I'm not good with dungeons or other events and feel a bit odd asking to be on a team to join when I'm just not good at it like the others... this is a difficult game for me being a noob and being a mom to a 4 year old and having to stop the game to pay attention to him... GW2 doesn't allow me to just stop the game or put it on pause... I always end up dead... or left behind, it's very frustrating.

I also see Kiera's point of view on the alliance... It was abrupt, but you can't have an alliance if there are no people in the guilds... I think she was trying to start over... just like AoL (1) should do. She did write something in the forum... to give warning... isn't that what should be done?? It's not up to her to make others read it and ask questions if they dont' understand... and honestly... she was the alliance leader... no one was helping her... she was doing it on her own without any councel.... so who are we to decide differently?? If I were still GL, I would have probably done the same. AoL needed to be gutted out and refurninshed.... Let's try to keep an open mind on all this and ask ourselves what we would have done in her situation??? Aura
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 782
City : Worcester Ma USA
Hobbies : reading, time with kids
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Aura, just like I told Ratche, you are always welcome in my parties when i'm trying to form up. You will never learn and get better if you don't try. I'm not exactly a power player either, but I've gotten better with persistence. I just go into the dungeons for fun. If they announce AC speed clear or something, you may want to avoid those parties. I've said before I want to train people so we are all good. Come join us in the Fractals, they aren't to hard, and you get scaled up to 80. We can also start doing runs of the lower level dungeons. I don't care if we suck. For Pete's sake, I drag Dye around with me all the time. His learning curve has been painfully slow and he still doesn't get a lot of things. There are a few others we take with us and we may grumble under our breath a bit, but we plunge forward anyway. That's what we are here for as a guild.

I have not found it socially lacking at all, but I'm always finding parties. I would like to be in some different parties from time to time. We form up in our group and wonder with each other why no one else joins and why only our little dungeon party is the only people on Vent. I want you to be a part of our parties too! I even like partying up for story missions. There were about four of us who helped each other to finish all of our personals stories a few weeks ago and planned an Arah Story mode run. I wanna help you get up to speed, but you do it at your own pace. Don't feel rushed or pressured, but I don't want you feeling left out either.

PS. I'm sorry if Grandmaw felt hurt. But, I've been posting about the raffle on the forum for a week about it and it says that we will go to GW1 for the roll. I even informed Kiera and asked her to officiate the roll for me. But, she had to work. I even offered to help organize a GW1 event of some sort since we would have people there. If they did not want me there, they should have told me.

PSS. I always felt inadequate in GW1; like you guys always had to drag me around. I may not be as good as Issac, Rynk and a few others, but let me return the favor. I want to!! I don't want anyone feeling inadequate or left out.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:26 pm

My apologies at the mess. The Guild conflict is solely my fault, I couldn't bring myself to kick everyone in AoL and was hoping to remove people on a slow basis as the space had been required, and that is where I did MY core group a huge disservice.

I have placed Neo as the GL and removed myself from AoL as I want to be where my friends are.

Namaste
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:17 pm

i hope you have fun on the new guild, you all can still use this forum for gw1 concerns if you wish, make a Toa area.

neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content