Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Chat

4 posters

Go down

Guild Chat Empty Guild Chat

Post by Finnguala Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:14 pm

I wish I could be a standing advocate for more prevalent usage of our guild chat, but I am off to college in a few days and I fear I'll be relatively inactive in the coming months. Before I go, though, I want to voice my concerns and be a representative of those in the guild with similar viewpoints. The way we are approaching Teamspeak right now is flawed. Guild activity seems one-sided whenever I am online. Many times, if "everyone" is in Teamspeak, guild chat messages will go ignored. I don't believe this is intentional as it is a by-product of a "one or the other mentality" that has been fostered in our quest to enhance Teamspeak activity. This problem led to Nemac's departure and I'm sure to numerous others' as well. I'm sure this is on everybody's mind, or, at least, I hope it is a recognized issue. With our size we should be able to accommodate all types of players, even those who speak with their keyboard. Open discussion: what are your thoughts?
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1097
City : Mid-Atlantic USA
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Guild Chat Empty Re: Guild Chat

Post by Sungila Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:07 pm

I think you raise a good point. While it's one thing to encourage participation on TS for things like dungeons, guild missions, and PvP events requiring coordination and a need for instant communication, I do think we do so at the expense of guild chat in general. Don't get me wrong, I love socializing and having voice conversations with folks on TS, but I can understand why it might be difficult for some members for a lot of reasons (not having a mic is the most common given but usually there's other underlying reasons as well). In neglecting guild chat beyond the formality of hello/goodbye, we risk alienating a good portion of the guild.

While I still think TS participation should be encouraged for all, and mandatory for guild missions and the like (I can scribe for Kara but I don't relish teaching dungeon story modes and paths via keyboard), there does need to be a more concerted effort to address stuff in guild chat. I know that there are those of us who do try to do that (Sarge, Mutt, Beau, and Finn come readily to mind); the rest of us, myself included, just need to make a habit of it. We may not like it, but I see it as being part of our duty as junior (and above) officers.

Just my two cents. Smile

Sungila
Level 9

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 95
City : Orlando
Registration date : 2015-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:46 pm

I 100% agree, GC does get ignored a bit.. and I will admit I am quite bad for this sometimes.
In saying that, we really are pushing towards a more TS based guild... ideally we want TS to be used by as many people as possible..
This will be difficult and it will indeed take time but we need to ensure that while we are pushing TS we dont forget about GC.
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness (AoL)
Number of posts : 522
City : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Midway Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:01 pm

Don't just look at those in TS ignoring guild chat. There are plenty of guild members not in TS that don't talk in GC either. I've been plenty of times when TS is pretty much empty, guild has about 15-30 people on, and NOBODY is using guild chat at all. Gotta look at this from all points of view before saying those in TS are ignoring GC.

I've seen people in TS try to initiate conversations in GC and not even get a response except those already in TS.

As the saying goes. "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink." I know i've been over using this, but when we try to get people to do things, our hands are tied. We can't really force people to do things they don't want to do.
Midway
Midway
Level 40

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down