Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Missions !!PLEASE VOTE!! (GMT)

+10
worf warrior
Whitehawk
Gannon Vicarious
Gruntuz
Inuyashapup
Midway
DrGlamm
The Beau Brothers
Mutt
Dragnix Pheodron
14 posters

Go down

Suggested time for Guild Missions (server time)

Guild Missions !!PLEASE VOTE!! (GMT) I_vote_lcap45%Guild Missions !!PLEASE VOTE!! (GMT) I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 14 ]
Guild Missions !!PLEASE VOTE!! (GMT) I_vote_lcap19%Guild Missions !!PLEASE VOTE!! (GMT) I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 6 ]
Guild Missions !!PLEASE VOTE!! (GMT) I_vote_lcap10%Guild Missions !!PLEASE VOTE!! (GMT) I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
Guild Missions !!PLEASE VOTE!! (GMT) I_vote_lcap19%Guild Missions !!PLEASE VOTE!! (GMT) I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 6 ]
Guild Missions !!PLEASE VOTE!! (GMT) I_vote_lcap6%Guild Missions !!PLEASE VOTE!! (GMT) I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 31

Poll closed

Guild Missions !!PLEASE VOTE!! (GMT) Empty Guild Missions !!PLEASE VOTE!! (GMT)

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:56 am

With the issues that have become evident with our guild missions it has been suggested that we make some changes, a popular suggestion has been to cancel our 2nd set of GMs and combine them with our primary set.
With these changes we will need to cater for ALL time zones which will require a change of start time.
It is CRUCIAL that we get as many votes as possible to make a decision on how best to approach this situation.
The votes are based on SERVER TIME, we are proposing combining both Guild Missions into one set on an agreed time.

Last edited by Dragnix Pheodron on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness (AoL)
Number of posts : 522
City : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Guild Missions !!PLEASE VOTE!! (GMT) Empty Re: Guild Missions !!PLEASE VOTE!! (GMT)

Post by Mutt Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:05 am

Well GMs for those in the east coast is 9 pm server time on Saturday. But I can do whatever time Saturday for its my day off.
Mutt
Mutt
Level 9

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2015-05-16

Back to top Go down

Guild Missions !!PLEASE VOTE!! (GMT) Empty Re: Guild Missions !!PLEASE VOTE!! (GMT)

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:41 am

10 pm Server Time is a bit early for West Coast, but I think that will be the Best time to catch our European members before it gets too late.

Only problem I see with that time is it will be 8 AM for the Aussies.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by DrGlamm Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:31 am

I'd been staying up till 2am Monday morning (my time) to do the 2nd GM (could not make it this week to due .

I'm an early riser so any time is ok for me.

Be interested to know, (a) how many Euro time people attend GMs and (b) how many Oceanic time people attend GMs.
DrGlamm
DrGlamm
Level 9

Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2015-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:33 am

Personally the time doesn't matter to me, I will work it out so I can still lead them as much as possible :-D
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness (AoL)
Number of posts : 522
City : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Midway Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:55 am

Just a reminder, this is server time based. And server time doesn't go through daylight savings. So when the time change hits this fall. If we end up with 10pm GMT saturday, that will be 6pm EST now, and after the time change, 5pm EST. Most people will still be at work or barely getting off then in the US.

If guild missions don't change time. After the time change in the fall, guild missions will start at 8pm EST. This is just a reminder for those who haven't played the game throughout the entire year to experience this non time change. (Tequatl moves to 7pm EST in the winter after the fall back time change.)

I'm hoping this make sense. Most of you guys are pretty new to guild wars 2 and haven't been around long enough to know about the server time not changing with daylight savings.
Midway
Midway
Level 40

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Inuyashapup Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:18 pm

I voted! :3
Inuyashapup
Inuyashapup
Level 8

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2014-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Gruntuz Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:19 pm

I voted. My main thought process is to hopefully knock out Guild Missions before prime time WvW kicks in (main reason I am unable to make the 1st set of GMs).
Gruntuz
Gruntuz
Level 2

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:54 pm

One of the options is to vote not to move missions at all. It seems that we have a lot of people who are interested in moving the time earlier. However, several people are saying that they will not be able to attend if it is earlier.

Our goal here is to make it easier for our European members. However, the time as it is is really good. We have a very nice turnout. I do not want to hurt our good turn out. We are just trying to make it better for everyone. If changing the time makes us lose more people than we help, we have failed in our purpose.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gannon Vicarious Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:25 pm

I am for having Guild Missions twice in one day (preferably Saturday). My only request is that it stays on the weekend (my job sucks every ounce of energy out of me during the week).
Gannon Vicarious
Gannon Vicarious
Level 1
Level 1

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2015-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitehawk Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:38 am

I also like the idea of having two in one day. bounce
Whitehawk
Whitehawk
Level 4

Male
Guild : (AoL) Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 44
City : Miami Florida
Hobbies : Gaming,Cooking,Paintball,Modifying My Car
Registration date : 2015-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by DrGlamm Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:27 am

Having thought about it some more, earlier for me would be heaps better.

As it stands a 11am (my time) start with a finish 90 mins later say, means I ahve to pretty much have gw2 take up my whole day.

Should it start a few hours earlier and be over by 9:30 am my time, I have the option of spending my Sunday with well, other interests. I've cancelled attendind GMs once because of other commitments and as we head into Spring/Summer down under, I can see more GMs being missed.
DrGlamm
DrGlamm
Level 9

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2015-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by worf warrior Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:48 am

I Would suggest not having 2 GM's but to combine both for 1 Saturday just have it an hour earlier, that would be midnight here(UK) I believe. That would make it 9am in Australia and 1am pst ?.....
worf warrior
worf warrior
Level 32

Guild : aol
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:23 pm

The latest suggestion that I like the best is to have 2 missions like 4 or 5 hours apart.  One would be 2 hours before server reset.  That would be better for Europeans and US players without daytime obligations.  Then one like 3 hours after reset.  That would be better for Aussies and US night owls.  

I really like this idea.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Tech Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:35 pm

yes after listening to our members some can't make saturday missions so keeping two of them i think maybe a good idea. flower flower
Mrs Tech
Mrs Tech
Level 17

Female
Number of posts : 179
City : Coventry UK
Hobbies : GW's FB, Knitting,Darts,
Registration date : 2014-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by worf warrior Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:28 pm

yup I like that idea too beau Smile
worf warrior
worf warrior
Level 32

Guild : aol
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Ozone Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:32 pm

You do know that the 10 PM and 11PM times are right before reset so people will wait all week to do them, if players are in other guilds there is a good chance that they will already have done them making for smaller turnout.FYI Consider that when deciding.
Captain Ozone
Captain Ozone
Level 5

Male
Guild : The Warlords Destruction
Number of posts : 53
City : Thousand Oaks
Hobbies : Video Games, Martail Arts, Golf
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilzuk Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:06 am

Not sure how many Kiwis are in the guild, but I ought to put in my two cents. I haven't made any guild missions yet due to other regular life occurrences (I play D&D on a Sunday NZT which is the Saturday mission day if I have the server time difference correct).

I don't think you'll be able to accommodate everyone with just one run, would definitely like to see two being maintained.

We're also about to go forward with daylight savings, but that might actually be good - if there was a mission a few hours after server reset I'd be more likely to make it than if there was only a guild mission a few hours before the reset.

That puts it early Sunday evening for me, and gives me plenty of time to do things I need to before jumping on to play, rather than tying up bits of the middle of my day.
Ilzuk
Ilzuk
Level 0

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Claera Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:20 pm

Signed in for GMs this morning to find out that reset had been changed. So I'd imagine that this will change the options for the vote? Is there any idea of which direction we're headed? Smile

Claera
Level 0

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:50 pm

I think it will be best if we hold off on any decisions about Guild Missions till after we know all there is to know about the changes being brought by Heart of Thorns.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Claera Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:16 am

Good point.

Claera
Level 0

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down