Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warrior Builds

4 posters

Go down

Warrior Builds Empty Warrior Builds

Post by cheryes Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:25 pm

I've spent probably over 20 hours out of 200 total played hours creating warrior builds because I like to use the "bad build" excuse when things go sour. Most of these use a PvX meta build base with some tweaks.
Ignore the odd keybindings, I use a Razer Naga mouse for binds so just rework them for a keyboard.

PvP Devastating Hammer Build
OQcUE556lvNjlliEDswUcZ8VDLA
Devasting Hammer, Hammer Bash, Iron Palm, Crushing Blow, Bull's Strike, Shadow Refuge, Flail, Enraging Charge
Strength 12 + 1 + 1, Hammer Master 12 + 1, Shadow Arts 3

The build isn't so much about damage as it is being a major fucking pain in the ass in competitive missions. I typically find there's one or two casters that are carrying the team so I spear them for adrenaline and then I chain them before they put up a stance or enchant. Lock down the monk, let your other teammates do the killing, and you win. If you're doing any other type of pvp, replace shadow refuge with res signet.

Earthshaker Build
OQASE5JTiFhFieiP7gXF8VGW
Earthshaker, Crude Swing, Save Yourselves, Renewing Smash, Whirlwind Attack, For Great Justice, Flail, Enraging Charge
Strength 12 + 1 + 1, Hammer Mastery 12 + 1

Renewing Smash is a severely underrated skill. As long as you know when you should be hitting it, you should be able to destroy nearly any knocked down mob in 3 seconds solo. If you have energy issues, bring a zealous hammer.

Enduring Scythe Build
OQoiExpMRE2cxcZXM6J6xXZYBA
Sneak Attack, Eremite's Attack, Mystic Sweep, Warrior's Endurance, Aura of Holy Might, Save Yourself, Flail, Enraging Charge
Strength 12 + 1 +1 Scythe Mastery + 12

Sneak Attack is a relatively underestimated skill. Since scythes hit multiple targets, the blind effect from sneak attack will blind all affected targets. This functions quite well with discordway as long as you have a source of hexes. Aura of Holy Might is important because the tooltip is innaccurate. The roughly 25% damage increase is actually damage rating, which increases it's actual output to asuran scan levels. In addition, it turns all your damage into holy damage. I haven't seen many warriors running this build, but it is quite effective.

100b Build
OQASEZKTTN7gpi9FXFie8VGW
Sun and Moon Slash, Whirlwind Attack, By Ural's Hammer, Hundred Blades, For Great Justice, Save Yourselves, Flail, Enraging Charge
Strength 12 + 1 + 1, Swordsmanship 12 + 2

A generic 100b build is oddly not on PvX meta, although it should be. Sun and Moon Slash procs 100b twice, and whirlwind attack procs it on every target.

PvP Crippling Knockdown
OQcUERK71vMHWADTRiBxcZ8VDLA
Crippling Slash, Gash, Bull's Strike, Iron Palm, Entangling Asp, Shadow Refuge, Flail, Enraging Charge
Strength 8 + 1 + 1, Swordsmanship 12 + 2, Deadly Arts 10, Shadow Arts 2

This is a build I've completely came up with myself, and it certainly needs some tweaking, but has proven to be very effective in competitive missions. Noone really expects a sword warrior to be spamming knockdowns, but from my experience we don't really have much other use in wide-range pvp zones. You could replace Entangling Asp with Steelfang Strike and increase swordsmanship to 14 if you want more damage. If you're doing something other than competitive missions, replace shadow refuge with res signet.
cheryes
cheryes
Level 5

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 52
City : Walden Pond
Hobbies : Bashing Dots, Coffee
Registration date : 2010-10-02

Back to top Go down

Warrior Builds Empty Re: Warrior Builds

Post by Ryans Demise Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:53 am

I like that pvp crippling KD. Looks like it would be pretty effective. However, it does seem to be a bit energy dependent. I would take out shadow refugee for Lions comfort, especially if not using rez sig.
Ryans Demise
Ryans Demise
Level 3

Guild : Liar
Number of posts : 38
City : Toledo
Hobbies : to be determined
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyndzy Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:44 am

I don't mean to be picky or to come across wrong, but with only 200 hours played you don't have enough experience of understanding what skills work well with other skills. Energy management is another thing I've noticed there practically isn't any of in the above builds. In pvp the majority of frontliners' bars are made up 75% of adrenaline skills + a res sig.

As for the pve builds, there are plenty of more effective ways to keep constant pressure on mobs as a melee character. Wink
Hyndzy
Hyndzy
Level 0

Guild : RLR
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by cheryes Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:58 am

the pvp builds i posted were designed for competitive mission, which do not require a res signet. For RA or others I suggested switching shadow refuge out with res, because you'll have people that can take SR's place. The devastating hammer build is directly out of a pvx build using one of the listed alternatives, and i've had few energy management problems with it.
The only energy management problems i've really come across is with the crippling build. Once again, this is in competitive mission, so the fighting is not constant and you don't have to pull off a quick unexpected spike.
I don't like Lion's Comfort because I'm only allowed to hit it once when I'm under heavy pressure with no outside healing and am trying to LoS or kite off. Shadow Refuge counters health degen that I usually incur after a fight with a necro or mesmer, and keeps me alive afterwards.

I've found little use for mods other than zealous. The sheer energy gain from it outweighs the extra damage from a vampiric mod or the spotty chance of furious or sundering mods on a primary melee weapon. I also avoid vitae runes and just toss on attunement instead, unlike what is generally suggested. 10 extra health added to a 500 healthpool compared to 2 to a 20 energy pool seemed a no brainer when i started the game, and it still does now. I still run with vigor and clarity though.

As for PvE, the only other standard build I know about is dragon slash, which I really don't like. If you time it incorrectly on a mob death it fizzles, it's damage output is beaten easily by scythe, and its utility is better served in an earthshaker build where you can still spam SY (albeit not as often) but can constantly ground mobs.
cheryes
cheryes
Level 5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyris Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:57 am

Anything but hammer should be using frenzy - rush as stances (In pvp anyways)... will explain later if necessary but I'm kinda in a rush atm.
Tyris
Tyris
Level 11

Male
Guild : -
Number of posts : 115
City : UK
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by cheryes Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:34 pm

meh, i've tried frenzy/rush and disliked it. once again, i use these primarily in competitive. in other pvp sessions I can see it as useful when you need a quick stance break, but stance breakers aren't as necessary when you're knocking targets down, and getting whacked by a single frenzy empathy hit when you didn't expect it hits HARD. Right now I'm using the Devastating Hammer build for pvp and switching between enduring scythe and earthshaker for pve when needed.
cheryes
cheryes
Level 5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content