Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystical Chaos Weekend

+2
Elbryan Strongheart
Rider
6 posters

Go down

Mystical Chaos Weekend Empty Mystical Chaos Weekend

Post by Rider Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:16 am

This weekend is MC's turn at the funzone. While I myself am not one of those speedclear / dungeon runners nor do I care a great deal for pvp. What I do enjoy is exploring, looking at the scenery and having fun. I have been playing this game since the beginning and still think it is beautiful. Maybe not the best looking game in the world these days but it still keeps my attention.

So to enjoy some of this I want to plan a few things this weekend that will

1. Get others to see some of the beauty that I do
2. Get involved in having some fun with others.
3. Get people involved in getting to know others.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I know this is supposed to be an "Alliance Guild" sponsored event there just happens to be alot of holiday stuff going on that could benefit some people and help them to obtain some items they need. This weekend should also be the beginning of the Wintersday Festivities.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Wintersday_2011

There are community sponsored events I will be attending and encourage everyone to join. Just in case your like me and have problems with time zone conversions use this.
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st off Saturday the 17th at 3pm EST is the memorial for Iam Shyll in AOL guild hall
AoL Forum Link

Also as some of you already know Nola and I are both OnAir hosts with The Gaming World Entertainment Network or gw-en more about them at http://gw-en.com/ . I know of at least 2 Aion wing codes being given out Saturday evening so if you need some of those tune in for your chance

The Imperial Guards Alliance invites everyone to celebrate the coming of the Winter Season with them at Droknar's Forge, Asian Korean District 1, Friday December 16, 7 pm GMT - 10 pm GMT there will be ingame prizes and other things as well so try and check it out.
TIG Winterfest link

Hall of Monuments Secret Santa Event on December 17th, from 12-3pm EST in Lion's Arch Traditional Chinese District 1

While this event actually began at the beginning of the month by paring up people with a secret person as a gift exchange type thing there is still a party that is open to all. It is sponsored by crossingtyria.com. Again there will be ingame prizes and such for those who attend. If you want more information here is the link.
Crossing Tyria Secret Santa Event Link

Early on Friday Dec 16 I will post a series of 10 screenshots of various places from all campaigns that I have been to in the last couple weeks. The pictures will be put up in post #2 of this thread as links to the picture on photobucket rather than the pic itself so as not to make everything huge.

As a participant your job will be this.

1 point will be awarded to those that send me a PM here on the forums of the correct approximate location that the picture was taken. Do not post your answers. Basically break the " said area " into 9 pieces and use that as your directions. Just like a compass. Northwest, North, Northeast, West, Central, East, Southwest, South, Southeast.

EXAMPLE : Northwest corner of MC Guild Hall

A second point will be awarded if you duplicate the picture with your character in it and either pm me the link or email it to me (no cheating, aka "stay out of photoshop"). If you do not have a place to upload photo's to I can give you links to a few free ones if you want them or you can just e-mail it to me at Rider.Dragonstorm@gmail.com.

The points for this will be totaled over the course of the weekend. I will update the second post of this thread with participants names as well the the points they have accrued. The top 3 Individuals with the most points (up to 20) will be awarded prizes. The Grand prize winner (requires all 20) for this will win an Elite set of armor of their choice from ME. (Sorry but does not include Obsidian, Vabbian, Elite Kurzick or Elite Luxon as I do not have the materials to get any of those and if you choose to get a set from EoTN make sure you have at least lvl 5 in the appropriate title) In the event of a tie there will be a tie-breaker plan in place. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

As other events of Saturday are somewhat going to get people together I have would like to plan a game similar to the TV show The Amazing Race to start after the memorial. People will pair up (2 per team) and race towards and end goal.

First I will need anyone interested in participating to post here the character name they plan to use as well as the name of their partner in this. I will accept team groups up to 1 hour before the race begins so grab a friend and join in. Both team members must be present and in your party to get the clues. I will post the teams in this thread in post #3 so you don't have to read all the way through. Here is how it will work.

Each "Team" will be given an item that is customized to the clue giver at each destination and can not be duplicated. (depending on the amount of clue givers it might be the same person multiple times but a different item that can not be duplicated) There you will trade said item for the next one plus the clue as to your next location. Your clue for the next person will include any changes in districts. This way no one can just happen upon another person down the line and try to jump ahead. This will be done in the order at which you arrive at the destination so make sure when you arrive to make sure you let your target know you are there in case someone else comes in at relatively the same time. All of the information for the locations is available on Guild Wars Wiki so it will be the same for everyone.

There will be a total of 10 - 12 destinations to be reached spanning all campaigns. If anyone that is wanting to participate does not have a specific campaign let me know early enough so I can remove it from the list of places and replace them with ones in the other ones.

The team to reach the final destination (which you will not know is the final one till you get there) and turn in their item will be the winning team. First place team will EACH get an oppressor weapon of their choice from Rider. 2nd and 3rd place will also receive prizes.

On Sunday from 12:00 pm CST (Noon) to 3pm CST I will be picking up the music streams at http://gw-en.com/ The location will be announced that day as with the wintersday stuff going on they will probably not be the same that is on the host schedule.

Now what I would like from the alliance for this is for all of you to help me with a playlist of music to play for everyone. It takes roughly 35 or so tracks added in with our regular ads that we have to play as well as our mic breaks to complete a show. There is also trivia to be won during the mic breaks which will get you golds, greens, consumables and other random items.

So if you wish to tune in and have some fun with me and hear some of your favorite songs post a couple of them here between now and late Saturday night so I have time to go get the ones I do not have. I never run a "set" genre of music and will play just about anything as long as it is appropriate for others. (aka if it has alot of swear words or is offensive I won't use it).

Hope to see you all at some of these events over the weekend. Above all have fun.

Last edited by Rider on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Rider
Rider
Level 3

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-11-08

Back to top Go down

Mystical Chaos Weekend Empty Re: Mystical Chaos Weekend

Post by Rider Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:17 am

Here are your screenshots as promised to locate / duplicate

01 Screenshot 1

02 Screenshot 2

03 Screenshot 3

04 Screenshot 4

05 Screenshot 5

06 Screenshot 6

07 Screenshot 7

08 Screenshot 8

09 Screenshot 9

10 Screenshot 10

Last edited by Rider on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Rider
Rider
Level 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Rider Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:17 am

RESERVED FOR RACE PARTICIPANTS
Rider
Rider
Level 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Elbryan Strongheart Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:55 am

Sounds like a good time and Looking forward to participating in a few of these. Smile
Elbryan Strongheart
Elbryan Strongheart
Level 38

Male
Guild : The Lords Of Dragon Heart [RLR]
Number of posts : 389
City : Utica, New York
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:11 pm

count me in!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinney Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:17 pm

I wouldn't mind joining in.

Kinney
Level 0

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 3
City : Longview, WA
Hobbies : Um....games?
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluegrasslady Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:22 pm

Rider wrote:This weekend is MC's turn at the funzone. While I myself am not one of those speedclear / dungeon runners nor do I care a great deal for pvp. What I do enjoy is exploring, looking at the scenery and having fun. I have been playing this game since the beginning and still think it is beautiful. Maybe not the best looking game in the world these days but it still keeps my attention.

So to enjoy some of this I want to plan a few things this weekend that will

1. Get others to see some of the beauty that I do
2. Get involved in having some fun with others.
3. Get people involved in getting to know others.

-I will be tere with bells on Very Happy --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I know this is supposed to be an "Alliance Guild" sponsored event there just happens to be alot of holiday stuff going on that could benefit some people and help them to obtain some items they need. This weekend should also be the beginning of the Wintersday Festivities.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Wintersday_2011

There are community sponsored events I will be attending and encourage everyone to join. Just in case your like me and have problems with time zone conversions use this.
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

1st off Saturday the 17th at 3pm EST is the memorial for Iam Shyll in AOL guild hall
AoL Forum Link

Also as some of you already know Nola and I are both OnAir hosts with The Gaming World Entertainment Network or gw-en more about them at http://gw-en.com/ . I know of at least 2 Aion wing codes being given out Saturday evening so if you need some of those tune in for your chance

The Imperial Guards Alliance invites everyone to celebrate the coming of the Winter Season with them at Droknar's Forge, Asian Korean District 1, Friday December 16, 7 pm GMT - 10 pm GMT there will be ingame prizes and other things as well so try and check it out.
TIG Winterfest link

Hall of Monuments Secret Santa Event on December 17th, from 12-3pm EST in Lion's Arch Traditional Chinese District 1

While this event actually began at the beginning of the month by paring up people with a secret person as a gift exchange type thing there is still a party that is open to all. It is sponsored by crossingtyria.com. Again there will be ingame prizes and such for those who attend. If you want more information here is the link.
Crossing Tyria Secret Santa Event Link

Early on Friday Dec 16 I will post a series of 10 screenshots of various places from all campaigns that I have been to in the last couple weeks. The pictures will be put up in post #2 of this thread as links to the picture on photobucket rather than the pic itself so as not to make everything huge.

As a participant your job will be this.

1 point will be awarded to those that send me a PM here on the forums of the correct approximate location that the picture was taken. Do not post your answers. Basically break the " said area " into 9 pieces and use that as your directions. Just like a compass. Northwest, North, Northeast, West, Central, East, Southwest, South, Southeast.

EXAMPLE : Northwest corner of MC Guild Hall

A second point will be awarded if you duplicate the picture with your character in it and either pm me the link or email it to me (no cheating, aka "stay out of photoshop"). If you do not have a place to upload photo's to I can give you links to a few free ones if you want them or you can just e-mail it to me at Rider.Dragonstorm@gmail.com.

The points for this will be totaled over the course of the weekend. I will update the second post of this thread with participants names as well the the points they have accrued. The top 3 Individuals with the most points (up to 20) will be awarded prizes. The Grand prize winner for this will win an Elite set of armor of their choice from ME. (Sorry but does not include Obsidian, Vabbian, Elite Kurzick or Elite Luxon as I do not have the materials to get any of those and if you choose to get a set from EoTN make sure you have at least lvl 5 in the appropriate title) In the event of a tie there will be a tie-breaker plan in place. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

As other events of Saturday are somewhat going to get people together I have would like to plan a game similar to the TV show The Amazing Race to start after the memorial. People will pair up (2 per team) and race towards and end goal.

First I will need anyone interested in participating to post here the character name they plan to use as well as the name of their partner in this. I will accept team groups up to 1 hour before the race begins so grab a friend and join in. Both team members must be present and in your party to get the clues. I will post the teams in this thread in post #3 so you don't have to read all the way through. Here is how it will work.

Each "Team" will be given an item that is customized to the clue giver at each destination and can not be duplicated. (depending on the amount of clue givers it might be the same person multiple times but a different item that can not be duplicated) There you will trade said item for the next one plus the clue as to your next location. Your clue for the next person will include any changes in districts. This way no one can just happen upon another person down the line and try to jump ahead. This will be done in the order at which you arrive at the destination so make sure when you arrive to make sure you let your target know you are there in case someone else comes in at relatively the same time. All of the information for the locations is available on Guild Wars Wiki so it will be the same for everyone.

There will be a total of 10 - 12 destinations to be reached spanning all campaigns. If anyone that is wanting to participate does not have a specific campaign let me know early enough so I can remove it from the list of places and replace them with ones in the other ones.

The team to reach the final destination (which you will not know is the final one till you get there) and turn in their item will be the winning team. First place team will EACH get an oppressor weapon of their choice from Rider. 2nd and 3rd place will also receive prizes.

On Sunday from 12:00 pm CST (Noon) to 3pm CST I will be picking up the music streams at http://gw-en.com/ The location will be announced that day as with the wintersday stuff going on they will probably not be the same that is on the host schedule.

Now what I would like from the alliance for this is for all of you to help me with a playlist of music to play for everyone. It takes roughly 35 or so tracks added in with our regular ads that we have to play as well as our mic breaks to complete a show. There is also trivia to be won during the mic breaks which will get you golds, greens, consumables and other random items.

So if you wish to tune in and have some fun with me and hear some of your favorite songs post a couple of them here between now and late Saturday night so I have time to go get the ones I do not have. I never run a "set" genre of music and will play just about anything as long as it is appropriate for others. (aka if it has alot of swear words or is offensive I won't use it).

Hope to see you all at some of these events over the weekend. Above all have fun.

Bluegrasslady
Level 1
Level 1

Female
Guild : AOL is my guild and at the moment the oldest member of both Guild and Alliance at age of 69
Number of posts : 11
City : Aberdeen
Hobbies : gaming and all needle crafts
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Very Happy Yay, I try catch as many of the events as I can.
Beats my Xmas-cleaning that I should perform..
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heroes
Number of posts : 441
City : Finland
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Ets Stuff :D
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:00 pm

Heyyy! Been so busy week,but wanted to post comment something about the weekend..

The listening the gw-en radio, same time..with alliance ..was awesome Very Happy!

I have missed out on this during gw.. I must admit I havent listened but few times some of the radio channels, I think blade radio and I think few times I was on gw-en radio too, it did not stick to my gaming habits.. but now it opened a new world,, there was something..extremely fun and cool about listening songs, that alliance has wished, and commentating everything in alliance chat. Very Happy Listening same songs with gw buddies! Very Happy

I guess many are familiar with this and you do it regularly,, and now you got me liking it too Very Happy. Lets do it often with alliance xDDD!!

Thanks for the weekend events [MC] Smile

P.S. is the screenshot seeking contest still open?
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heroes
Number of posts : 441
City : Finland
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Ets Stuff :D
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rider Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:55 pm

Thx. We try to get in there and do things as much as we can. Usually one of us is on thursday evenings 9pm to midnight central U.S. time.

as far as the screenshot thing... I never got any reply's to it so I just forgot about it and let it go.
Rider
Rider
Level 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down