Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7 events motivation

5 posters

Go down

7 events motivation Empty 7 events motivation

Post by Mint(sc) Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:10 pm

What is keeping at least some of these things from getting underway? I know the 1v1 and Hero tournies will take time to plan out and we have the dedline set for the big guild/alliance photo. The Workshop is Akroma's project, so I completely respect him wanting to take his time with that, especially since it is something that will keep him, specifically, busy. The DPS competition is another that will need to be planned out and a date set for a good turnout in advance. The Campaign Sweeps will need to be organized and planned out, probably, for best turnout. I've noticed the little announcements in the guild box in-game, but still haven't noticed anyone working on them. :3

I'd like to step up and volunteer to take on the Scavenger Hunt. I know you wanted a massive list, Akroma, and I can do that now, since I have, and have beaten at least once, every campaign. Mighty has his little one-week scavenger hunts that are single-campaign. I'd like to come up with the list and organize the big one, encompassing all 4 campaigns, since I haven't noticed anyone else volunteering to do so.

First of all, it would be over all 4 campaigns, but I know not everyone HAS them all. So the teams should be evenly put together, so that someone with only one or two of the campaigns can work on those while others in their team go do the ones they can't get to. So that means while Diggy and Kiera and Leica and whoever all like to group together for Mighty's hunts, this one will need them branching off and competing against each other to ensure that those who don't have all 4 campaigns get a chance to participate. :3

And this list WILL be massive. It will take at least 2 weeks of constant farming to get everything together. And I am going to go through great lengths to make sure every area of every campaign is covered and NECESSARY for full completion. This includes The Deep, DoA, UW, FoW, Tombs, etc...etc..

I'd like to get everyone's thoughts on this before I go through and start committing my time to doing this. That way I don't waste my effort if it's decided that it would be better handled by someone else. :3
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 629
City : Plantersville, TX
Hobbies : Most anything to do with Dinosaurs. :)
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

7 events motivation Empty Re: 7 events motivation

Post by Leica Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:27 pm

I spread the love around ;-; I met silka through the other scav hunt. But i understand what you are saying. I will be happy to help with the scavenger hunt. As for the sweeps i would wanna help but i really cant run anyone anywhere ;-;
Leica
Leica
Level 33

Female
Number of posts : 333
Hobbies : Guild Wars, Reading, Writing
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:09 pm

Well i'll definately help you with the scavenger hunt minty, sense i've done it in the past
but do need to get the ball rolling us officers need to get off our lazy bums and start doing
something thats productive ^.^ (guild-wide wise)

Mighty
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Akroma Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:30 pm

Me, Lei, and minsc discussed this on vent. I know some ppl have caught wind of it and not others - i figure this is the appropriate place to put this. Before the website hiccup i announced i was having each of the officers contribute instead of me doing a one man show as I have done in the past. I'm having each of you contribute what you can where you can. Gold prize dontations included. I had suggested approx 10k and i suppose that stuck with ppl so thats what we're doing. Anna had brought up the great idea of two days worth of Zaishen Elite and selling the keys for 5k ea. Quick/easy way to contribute. I have had several ppl try to offer me more, i refuse it. Each person should donate the same to keep it fair and not unbalanced. Besides 10 amongst every officer PLUS i'm matching that total - thats plenty to play around with for the events. I'm still yet to collect from a few of you. We're going to try to make the last of the donations by the end of next week. As for what each of you can do specifically; I really REALLY need all of you to help spread the word around and get more interested in them, signed up, encouraged, etc. Go as far as looking into other guilds - their officers if you dont know them, then check the leaders/officers list. I'm going to be doing an update on that really soon, its overdue. OH ! it'll make me INCREDIBLY happy if each and every one of you could plan ahead for the big picture set for Oct. 19th - its a sunday 1pm EST. so please try to remember and more importantly be there.
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:24 am

I think this is a very exciting time for both Guild and Alliance and I can't WAIT to really get things rolling this weekend as I feel the EoTN sweep will hook us up with more in the Alliance that we may not know or know us which opens new opportunities to encourage even greater participation in others! (unfortunately I'm at work until 6pm est tonight but HEY!! I can be on until Midnight wo0t!)
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content