Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destiny

+5
Finnguala
B E E Z
coldivory
Pseudonym
Cornucopia of Corn
9 posters

Go down

Destiny Empty Destiny

Post by Cornucopia of Corn Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:58 am

Recently I've been off gw2 for about a week now, and I'll try to get on today, 9/8, but I will likely be off for the next couple of weeks because Destiny is coming out tomorrow. I've been really hyped up for this game so I'm likely to sink ALOT of time into it. In the meantime I'll try to stay active on the guild forums with the random shenanigans that come inside my bodacious cornucopia of love. Also descriptor words are fun teehees.
Cornucopia of Corn
Cornucopia of Corn
Level 47

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 474
City : Cincinnati
Hobbies : Video Games. Friends. Basic Coding. Anime. Food. Taimi <3
Registration date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Destiny Empty Re: Destiny

Post by Pseudonym Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:22 am

have fun with the game. Too bad it's on console, looks pretty cool.
Pseudonym
Pseudonym
Level 26

Male
Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2014-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by coldivory Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:24 pm

Corn ;0; i miss you already remember to come back my fellow plant after killing shit :0

coldivory
Level 10

Female
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2014-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:53 pm

Sad I hate you
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female
Number of posts : 1261
City : Charleston
Hobbies : stoofz
Registration date : 2013-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:35 pm

Tell us how it is! I don't have my xbox in college but I really want to play it when I return home for breaks or such!! HAVE FUN!
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1097
City : Mid-Atlantic USA
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemac Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:23 pm

I also picked it up and its great fun, but I find it hard to play when I can't join people's fireteam Razz

Enjoy it! but come back!
Nemac
Nemac
Level 25

Male
Number of posts : 252
City : North Bay
Hobbies : GW, reading, shoosting stuff(FPS games)
Registration date : 2007-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:01 am

One of my friends picked it up as well on PS4. It says it's great. I may go to his place and try it out once but I'll probably wait for the PC version...
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudonym Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:18 pm

Yuri Mortenzen wrote:One of my friends picked it up as well on PS4. It says it's great. I may go to his place and try it out once but I'll probably wait for the PC version...
Is there a PC version scheduled? I think it looks interesting but am not a console person...
Pseudonym
Pseudonym
Level 26

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:54 pm

Well, It is and its not. Soooo many posts saying there will be pc launch next year and soo many posts saying bungie wont do pc port
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudonym Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:32 pm

Zero wrote:Well, It is and its not. Soooo many posts saying there will be pc launch next year and soo many posts saying bungie wont do pc port
bummer.... Mad
Pseudonym
Pseudonym
Level 26

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemac Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:14 pm

Well, it took bungie a year I think before they made halo 2 for pc. Halo 1 was originally pc/xbox, then xbox exclusive

considering bungie and microsoft are at heads, I'm betting it'll be a bit
Nemac
Nemac
Level 25

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:18 pm

Well they did make destiny on xbone at he start... Its just a matter of time before they do it
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemac Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:15 am

Just because its on xbox doesn't mean it'll go to pc.

Nemac
Nemac
Level 25

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornucopia of Corn Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:27 pm

Okay very late post but as someone who's had mixed feelings on the game here are my thoughts:

-The game's biggest strength is its gunplay, it's so fun to shoot things and along with varying levels of verticallity combat is actually really fun. The game's pvp is also enjoyable if a tad unbalanced at times, I found supers and heavy weapons took the fun out of it for me. It would go from interesting gun battles to avoiding getting one-shotted. That's just me though.

-So the game has a lot of things that bother me that I just can't get out of my head. For one the in-game story is non-existent, if you read the grimoire cards it's so good omg it's soooo well written but none of it is in-game. In fact the story in-game feels very rushed and piecemealed.
-I've begun to hate Dinklebot, he states the obvious and tends not to add anything meaningful to the situation. Imagine a Cortana-like companion that is just describing your surroundings to you.
-The game has a lot of good voice actors, but they're little more than merchants. I want some exposition I want to hear/see these people show their chops, but alas it is not meant to be.
-The Story missions boil down to defending Dinklebot from hordes of enemies, in-fact the only revelation, the last Warmind AI known as Rasputin, is glanced over and used as a way to get to the other planets and the moon.
-The Strikes are repetitive and tend to just be shooting galleries. At the same time I heard the raid is amazing, but I haven't been able to gather enough people to play through it.

The game is fun to play, dynamic combat in an mmo is genius and I would love to see a full-blown mmo that uses this style of combat, but the game feels like it's having an identity crisis. I don't think it knows if it wants to be a traditional mmo or a traditional fps, It's trying to be a hybrid but I feel it would've been a much better game if they had just gone one way or the other. The mix of the two just isn't done very well, in most of the game, and tends to leave me feeling frustrated and slightly depressed.

Reading about what the game was going to be makes me so sad because it seems like Bungie had a vision for what would've been an amazing game. Then Activision began to crack down on them, their lead writer and a couple other big dudes left. It just seems like the game fell apart and they tried to salvage the pieces. Although saying that, if you compare Destiny to a game that had similar problems, Colonial Marines, you'll see it's leaps and bounds above that. It's amazing that with all the last minute problems they were able to turn salvage into a fairly good game.

I'd recommed Destiny if you have friends to play with, but if you're by yourself then it may be worth waiting for all the DLC to release to see if that adds any more meat to it. The game is fun don't get me wrong and playing with others only makes it better, but it just feels incomplete and lacking in content at the moment.

Although I have faith in Bungie, they know what they're doing and they're gamers at heart. If anyone can turn Destiny around it is most certainly Bungie.

The game in my mind is about a 7/10, it's a good game with good ideas but many of those ideas aren't fully realized and it feels like a lot of the game was cut out in order to meet the deadline.

TL;DR: Destiny is great with friends and is worth the buy if you have people to play with, if you're by yourself wait until all the DLC is released. Bungie is a good developer hopefully they can turn this thing around. I think 7/10 is probably a fair score.
Cornucopia of Corn
Cornucopia of Corn
Level 47

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:49 pm

One of the reasons that the game is having an identity crisis is that a lot of the original developers are jumping ship. :/
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornucopia of Corn Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:29 am

Well that's unfortunate. Poor Bungie, slowly being destroyed by Activision. Maybe the guys leaving will do what Respawn did and create a new company, fingers crossed. It's just unfortunate that Activision couldn't be more understanding to Bungie's vision, publishers just need to let developers do their thang. When you let developers run wild and don't hold them on a leash they create gold!
Cornucopia of Corn
Cornucopia of Corn
Level 47

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content