Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Task division and decision making

5 posters

Go down

Task division and decision making Empty Task division and decision making

Post by Andrea1704 Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:05 pm

So, I'd like to bring something to attention here. Not meaning to tell anyone off or anything, but I just want to get things to become clearer, as I am sometimes having trouble of seeing results from things we do.
At the moment, we are becoming more and more active on forums regarding discussions about things going on in the guild.
People are coming with great suggestions and are doing their best to make the most out of this.
I am really happy to see that, because I am learning heaps of how we discuss things.

However,sometimes I feel like the most important part is left out: the decision. Not looking at anyone in particular here, but at all of us. (and honestly I really really really don't mean this in a bad way or so, it's just how it comes over to me, I feel like I'm missing it out) For instance with the recruiting thing... I LOVE the things being said in there, the way people came up with great ideas for it. But I feel like hardly anything is being done with it. I replied to it a few days ago but I haven't gotten a reply back. What are we doing with this? Are we setting up a buddy system? How are we going to take on recruiting? We did not form a final plan/decision, but we are kinda leaving the topic unfinished. (that's how it comes over to me) If you guys feel like I am wrong regarding this, do tell, but I would really like to see something more concrete... It could also be that I just don't understand half of what's being said there, English is not my native language after all, so if it's that just do tell me lol.

Another thing I'd like to bring to attention is task division. I'm not saying everyone should be given some kind of task, we are awesome enough to take care of things on our own and we all have our own ways of helping out which is amazing, but some things have to be done. And currently I feel like only a few (and always the same) are doing this! I'm not blaming you all, I know I'm not doing too much myself, but I just want to bring it to attention. For instance, a lot of tasks are being handled by Kitty at the moment. She is doing an AMAZING job and she is lovely and is really taking things seriously to make sure everything goes smooth, but she shouldn't have to be one of the very few taking care of stuff. I don't know how we're going to take this on, so suggestions are more than welcome.

Also, if I am being too whiny do tell me.
I know officer meetings are hard to do since we are all in a different timezone, but it could be nice to sometimes try it out and discuss some things on TS or something (at 2 dif times).

These are just my 100 euros, let me know what you think.
Andrea1704
Andrea1704
Level 55

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 570
City : Netherlands
Hobbies : Flowers, jumping puzzles, playing with the dog, GW2
Registration date : 2013-10-01

Back to top Go down

Task division and decision making Empty Re: Task division and decision making

Post by B E E Z Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:01 pm

I think with the recruiting thing we were putting it on hold - I think it might be a page or so back but we were basically sidelining that for now.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

In terms of a few people taking on everything - I agree a lot of responsibilities are falling on the shoulders of a few people.

I know that I personally have a hard time getting on in the day etc so anything I could do would have to be non-time-sensitive...I feel like many others are in the same boat as me.

I guess my .02 on that is that if you or any other officer taking on multiple responsibilities is getting overwhelmed, take on fewer tasks for now. I feel like you guys give yourself work to do, which is awesome since you want to organize events and such, but at the end of the day we can just focus on essential tasks and still run the guild just fine.

tl;dr - if you're overwhelmed, sideline the non-essential things and we'll work on them when everyone is not so busy.

B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female
Number of posts : 1261
City : Charleston
Hobbies : stoofz
Registration date : 2013-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea1704 Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:31 pm

Ty for replying lovely Beez I will reply later else my hw never finishes.

Also, I just cannot make clear enough that I DON'T mean this in any bad way guys... IMO you're all doing an amazing job I love you
Andrea1704
Andrea1704
Level 55

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea1704 Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:55 pm

I think I'm probably taking things a bit too serious
Andrea1704
Andrea1704
Level 55

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:06 pm

I think you're too down on yourself...calm down a bit - you're allowed to bring topics up xD
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female
Number of posts : 1261
City : Charleston
Hobbies : stoofz
Registration date : 2013-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:04 pm

B E E Z wrote:I think you're too down on yourself...calm down a bit - you're allowed to bring topics up xD

Agreed `100%. I think that we're going through a transitional phase atm and we'll see how this plays out. I would like to see the officers taking a specialization, but I don't intend to force or even ask anyone to take up what they don't want to do. I don't want to lose the identity that has made AoL what it is. We've always been a laid back guild and I don't want to see that change. I do want to see us take a bit more on to make things run more smoothly I will make a post about what I would like to see officers do (sometime in the future)and see who volunteers for what.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:23 am

That sounds like a great idea.  I've always felt that the privilege of being an officer comes with at least some level of responsibility, rather than just a status symbol.

There are things we can do to make this guild way more awesome, and I really hope to see some of it come to fruition!
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female
Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:50 am

Well to answer Andrea's post, regarding recruiting, I am already using the "technique" we said would be better to get quality over quantity. I think you were online when I recruited Fiyis to the guild yesterday... He/She 's a player from New Zealand that had been doing dungeons with Ivz for the last 3~4 days. I joined them for 2 dungeon runs in CoE and found the person was alright. He thought we were awesome as well (Vira and Cobalt were in the group that day) and we were efficient while still joking around. Anyway, he/she left her old guild and is AoL now.

regarding taking on some tasks... Well as far as i'm concerned it depends on the mood a bit. I've been quite active on the forums in the past... I've put some builds up as well as some maps on how to get to the world bosses. It's all lost in the forums somewhere... I've also done lottos and quizzes to try and get more people over to the forums but it didn't really work out too well... Recently I was back tinkering with some builds to help Ivz with her warrior (I've posted them in the armory section)... So it really depends on the mood...

If need be I can also help out with some admin stuff, I've just never ran a forum before so it'd take some learning. I'm thinking of the "non-repper" thing as well but always forget to check when I'm online Razz
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content