Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Official Departure

+4
Finnguala
Blank De Ratche
Zero
Cornucopia of Corn
8 posters

Go down

My Official Departure Empty My Official Departure

Post by Cornucopia of Corn Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:19 pm

I've thought about how I'm going to word this so much over the last couple of days. Every time I think about everything that's gone on it brings me to the edge of tears, it's really unfortunate that it all had to go down this way. After hearing about it and all the things that have been said I just can't stay. I will always remember my time with AoL, it's thanks to you guys that I finally came out of my shell. I used to get nervous just at the thought of talking to random people on the internet but after being with AoL I quickly got over that and became one of the most chatty people in the guild. I will also remember all the people I've met and will miss all the ones I'll be leaving behind.

This is really hard to accept but Fallout has a quote that has meaning here, "Finding it though, that's not the hard part, it's letting go," and the thought of letting go of AoL has been really hard on me. The last couple of days I've barely gotten out of bed and I just don't feel motivated to do, well...anything. This whole debacle has really put me in a slump. It's funny actually, this has made me think about my high school days a lot. It's probably because the feelings I felt back then are suddenly resurfacing and those feel like a whole other lifetime ago.

I know this whole thing has had its fair share of mudslinging and people being jerks to one another, but I have one final request as an AoL'ian. It's that everyone at least make an attempt to mend their relationship with those they've hurt. I don't care how many words it takes, but people shouldn't leave one another on bad terms. Please, not for me but yourselves and all future guild members, take a moment to reflect. Try to see what went wrong and make sure it never happens again, I don't want any future guild mates to go what so many are going through right now. They deserve better than that, MUCH better.

This is the best way to say this I've been able to come up with, this went through at least 3 iterations. At times I called out Beau, other times I pointed to the incidents with Kittyn and Spirit, but in the end....I felt old wounds shouldn't be brought up. I want people to remember the good times we all had, not the bad. So, I wish you all fairwell. <3
Cornucopia of Corn
Cornucopia of Corn
Level 47

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 474
City : Cincinnati
Hobbies : Video Games. Friends. Basic Coding. Anime. Food. Taimi <3
Registration date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

My Official Departure Empty Re: My Official Departure

Post by Zero Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:58 pm

le sigh Sad
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:06 pm

I'll mis you corn, don't be a stranger!
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:11 pm

Love you, Corn!
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1097
City : Mid-Atlantic USA
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Midway Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:37 pm

Gonna miss you Corn. Remember, there are three sides to every story. Their side, your side, and the truth. I really don't think everyone is getting the full story. Leaving, then being lead down a manipulative path. I wish you luck. I still have to make my decision. But i'm gonna put much more thought in this. Lucky, I've been in guild leadership way longer then most of you. So i'm more capable of looking at a broader picture. This is not directed at you Corn. I love ya to death. And truly wish you luck. Hope to see ya around the game.
Midway
Midway
Level 40

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by seamonster Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:06 pm

I will miss you also corny.
seamonster
seamonster
Level 21

Male
Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:23 am

Sorry you were somehow affected. I'll miss your guild chat cornyness.
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemac Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:07 pm

I wasn't even involved in any of those events and the fallout from it is making me stressed. Sad to see so many people leave. The people I turn to when I have a bad day are not allowed to hit a rough patch. Sad take care corn. miss you lots.
Nemac
Nemac
Level 25

Male
Number of posts : 252
City : North Bay
Hobbies : GW, reading, shoosting stuff(FPS games)
Registration date : 2007-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down