Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

conversation that ended with diablo leaving

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

conversation that ended with diablo leaving Empty conversation that ended with diablo leaving

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:40 pm

as beau declined to post tyhe convo from officers section to read for al imma gonna psot it in here ( and bbefore anyone gets hissyfits beau knew about this advance)
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male
Guild : army of lightness [aol]
Number of posts : 414
City : helsinki
Registration date : 2010-06-17

Back to top Go down

conversation that ended with diablo leaving Empty Re: conversation that ended with diablo leaving

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Code of Conduct in PUGs
 by B E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881"E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881" Z on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:10 am
Okay guys, so I'm hearing one of our lords got kicked from a PUG group (i know the g also stands for group, but it sounds weird just calling it a pug) for being rude.

This same lord has been banned at least once for verbal abuse.

This is NOT the kind of reputation that AoL should have because of one person. I don't want to try to pug some dungeon one day and get insta-kicked because people hear that AoL members are dicks in dungeon groups. I don't want to hear about any guildies getting this kind of treatment either. 

I don't even have to name names, but the specific person isn't the point. I think as officers we should be setting an example. Not being an ass to PUG groups and then acting like a victim in guild chat. This sets a worrying tone for how regular members thing we are, or should be.

This also looks super shitty to new members who hear someone whining about how they got consequences for being a dick. 

Seriously this is not okay. Here's my 2c on this.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

conversation that ended with diablo leaving Empty Re: conversation that ended with diablo leaving

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: Code of Conduct in PUGs
 by Syll on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:11 pm
PUG group isn't bad wording or anything. It sounds better than PUG by itself anyway. I can provide SS of convo (with or without names edited) if needed. Also don't really like that this is happening
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:43 pm

by B E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881"E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881" Z on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 pm
You don't have to edit names. Everyone knows I'm talking about Diablo.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:44 pm

by Inuyashapup on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:58 pm
I think it should be everyone in general when it comes to that, what is the need to be a dick in a group anyway? Respect others the way you want to be respected- and when I mean everyone I mean everyone in the guild, not just officers- while officers should provide a good example for our members; our members also reflect AoL.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:44 pm

HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881" Z on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:24 pm
Yes, but if officers are in guild chat talking about how they were an asshole and got kicked, that sets the tone for the other members, especially new members, on what we consider acceptable behavior.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:45 pm

by Blank De HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u37"Ratche on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:55 pm
ugh, seriously? Dio we've talked about this and how it can't happen.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:45 pm

by The Beau Brothers on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:17 pm
Yes, we have talked about this.    The last time it was left hanging without resolution.

d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:46 pm

by Nai on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:52 pm
Well it did. I didn't think about taking a screenshot, but it was quite frustrating that both Tran and I had to explain that what Dia said to the pug group was quite mean. When Dia mentioned what one of the pug members had said before he made his comment, it made the entire thing sound even worse. 

I feel like two regular officers shouldn't have had to explain to a Lord about how his words were rude. I don't have the exact time (and I could be waaay off on this), but I'd estimate that it took between 20-30 minutes of explaining basically the same thing over and over again before an understanding was made....maybe....

I should not feel like I'm trying to explain the difference between nice and not nice to a 3-7 year old when I'm talking to an adult Lord.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:47 pm

by Kittynne on Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:53 am
This is unacceptable behaviour, and comes on the heels of this reminder that I posted a few weeks ago, due to Diablo's poor behaviour then, too, the same day he returned from a ban by anet for verbal abuse.

When anyone else in the guild behaves this poorly, they are warned, and if they do not heed said warning, they are removed from the guild.

I agree with what was said earlier about how NOBODY in our guild should behave this way, especially when representing AoL to the rest of the gw2 world.  But it's even more ridiculous when we have a senior officer behaving like this, repeatedly, especially after warnings have been given on multiple occasions.

I wasn't there for this incident, but I have been present for other incidents where Diablo has behaved like a spoiled little child and has had to be scolded.  Also, I have been approached by other guild members about this most recent incident, expressing their dissatisfaction with having someone who behaves like this holding such a high position in the guild.

I think we need to stop holding onto loyalty to someone who's been around a long time, if they are incapable of behaving in a constructive and mature manner that represents AoL well.  I'm not going to pussyfoot around this issue anymore.  It's gone on for far too long.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

by Inuyashapup on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:53 am
Oh he was even suspended from anet?? How many warnings are usually given before a member is removed? If it were me I would of kicked a long time ago if it were a ban from game moderators; I had no idea it went to that extent- I fully agree with what kittyn has said above. I mean we love a member and don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but how far can you go with constantly reprimanding until it get really bad? AoL isn't a guild full of children...

d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

by B E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881"E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881" Z on Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:04 am
It's not even that he's not been kicked after multiple warnings...he hasn't even been demoted. He's a lord. That means he's higher rank than you, Inu, someone who has never been an asshole to anybody.

d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:48 pm

by d-shadow on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:12 am
actually ther is sometihng you dont know about that suspension...... it never happened...i only said i was banned bc i had sometihng horrible happened irl which caused me to stop doing anytihng for 5 days....iu odnt tell waht due its personal& horrible nature
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:49 pm

by d-shadow on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:15 am
aand also this latest case was more like language barrier thing... and i feel most of you are overreacting...... " if you know what youre doing,dont afk" thats whati said and that was after ther pug had afked almsot half of the path being unresponsive when asked fi hes afking,and coming back with i know what i m doing, dickface
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:49 pm

by d-shadow on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:16 am
and uif you wonder why they kicked it was 3/5 guild party for them...(and bit later  the other pug pm me that he got kicked for asking why they kickekd me )

d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:50 pm

by d-shadow on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:04 am
also if we start much checking out behaviors in groups id like to open the cases of the 2 higher ranekds ( 1 lord and 1 officer) who behave badly in GUILDgroups-....
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:51 pm

by Kittynne on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:50 pm
d-shadow wrote:actually ther is sometihng you  dont know about that suspension...... it never happened...i only said i was banned bc i had sometihng horrible happened irl  which caused me to stop doing anytihng for 5 days....iu odnt tell waht due its  personal& horrible nature
This I do not believe, because there was a whole lot of complaining and bashing anet upon your return, talking about how you got banned for "verbal abuse" and how it was bs.  When things happen IRL, people usually say "sorry, real life kept me busy" or just don't talk about it.  I suppose some people just sigh a lot ...

d-shadow wrote:aand also this latest case was more like language barrier thing... and i feel most of you are overreacting...... " if you know what youre doing,dont afk" thats whati said and that was after ther pug had afked almsot half of the path being unresponsive when asked fi hes afking,and coming back with i know what i m doing, dickface
From the complaints I am hearing, there certainly wasn't a language barrier within guild chat when you argued with several officers and guild members for an extended period of time about it.  Also, to just brush concerns aside as "overreacting" is dickish, btw.

d-shadow wrote:and uif you wonder why they kicked it was 3/5 guild party for them...(and bit later  the other pug pm me that he  got kicked for asking why they kickekd me )
I don't see how this makes it ok that you were rude to that pug.  Also it doesn't seem to explain how you behaved in guild chat afterwards, does it?

d-shadow wrote:also if we start much  checking out behaviors in groups id like to open the cases of the 2 higher ranekds ( 1 lord and 1 officer) who behave badly in GUILDgroups-....
We could, sure.  But that doesn't deflect from the issue at hand.  So how about we deal with this issue first, instead of deflecting and distracting?

All in all this sounds like a lot of blame-casting and deflection.  Even here in the officer forum, you are making excuses and refusing to admit when you're wrong.  It also demonstrates how this issue is a continuing one.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:51 pm

by B E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881"E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881" Z on Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:37 pm
The last point is I think the most important one...this is not even close to the first time you had to be talked to about being an ass to either guildies or people who aren't in the guild.

If you want to bring up whatever you were trying to distract us with, feel free to make a thread. Otherwise stay on topic.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:52 pm

by d-shadow on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:01 pm
start to seem like ishould not talk.... its agian kitty and beez have fromed jury and judges and given only 1 option............
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

by B E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881"E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881" Z on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:45 pm
So Syl, Grimmz, Inu, Beau and Ratche who all also commented don't count? Cool story brah
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881"E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881" Z on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:47 pm
Considering you were belligerent enough that Syl felt the need to capture a ss of the convo, I'd say it's not just me and Kitty
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:54 pm

by Nai on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:09 pm
d-shadow wrote:start to seem like ishould not talk.... its agian kitty and beez have fromed  jury and judges and given only 1 option............

You want to know why it always seems that way? 

Because Kitty and Beez are the only flipping officers in this guild that will actually stand up and say something! Since I've been an officer, they are generally the ONLY ones that will speak up when something related to officers or officer issues is wrong! Everyone else either is either trying to be neutral, or they don't even give a crap, or all they say is "oh that sounds bad"! Heck, the majority of our officers don't even post on the forums! We don't even get their input!

And then Beez and Kitty get told that they overreacting (and I'm suuure everyone will says the same thing about me when I happen to post, and I have not doubt everyone will think I am overreacting posting this)? Because they don't agree with everyone? Because they feel, as officers, that it is their job to speak up when things are not right?  We all are told we can speak up and say anything on this forums, but it's like as soon as we open our mouths about issues within our own circle the one's speaking up are "overreacting." We'll it's B flipping S, Buddy.  

And Dia, if you have read what anyone other than what Kitty and Beez said, you'd see that Inu and Tran made posts that they are also do not like this situation. 

And I can't speak for Tran, but after having to tell you, I can't remember the exact number of times, how what you said was rude and even specifically saying what you said in a nut shell multiple times to try to get over the "language barrier", was frustrating. Tran even gave you a suggestion of what you could have said and you seemed to have not even looked at that. I told you at least three times that you called the pugs idiots. I shouldn't have had to have said that more than once! It's was flipping annoying! Like I say, I can't speak for Tran, but from talking to him afterwords I am pretty sure I can say he was annoyed as well.   

But really Dia, this time it is NOT just Beez and Kitty. You've got me, Inu, and Tran who are speaking up too. So don't dare say it's all Kitty and Beez.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:54 pm

by Nai on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:12 pm
Forgot to add, I am grateful to Tran and Inu who do speak up, but before them pretty much no one else would.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:55 pm

nai ... 1 tihng... i did NOT say even once that pugsd were idiots.,.. whereu got that?
also i know others have posted but theyr is difference of staying respectful and not be " dick " what others typed mostly kept within those lines,but in kittys nad beez posts were quite offensive and non respectful
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

by Nai on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:06 pm
Dia, you told them "if you know what youre doing,dont afk" which translates to "You are and idiot cause you afk". It is the same thing just different wording.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

by d-shadow on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:16 pm
ah i misunderstood waht u posted
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:56 pm

by B E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881"E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881" Z on Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:49 pm
You don't show anybody respect at all, and you're demanding respect? That's pretty rich.
I didn't block you because you have shown an overabundance of respect for your fellow officers and guildies.

Are you expecting respect because of your rank? Because if it wasn't for a few lords that do care and do contribute, I wouldn't have any respect for the lord rank at all, if you're the type of person in there. 

The fact of the matter is that your attitude has been an issue for a while. This is just one incident in a sea of complaints over your shitty attitude and behavior. 

Also in regards to Grimmz's post - thank you for bringing up that it is the responsibility of officers to bring up issues, and the fact that when we do this it seems to make everyone think we're just being bitchy. Is AoL such a laid back guild that we should just stop giving a shit at all when our guild members are being horrible?
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:56 pm

by The Beau Brothers on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:03 pm
One of the reasons we've sought out new officers is for this very reason.  The "Old Boys Club" has become very accustomed to the way we are and the way we operate.  We've needed people to jab us with a hot poker and tell us, "Hey don't you see what's happening over here."  

The previous issue with Diablo was handled in private conversations between Lords and a few key officers.  I was trying to avoid it being smeared in the officers section.  I was even hoping to give Diablo a way to graciously step down.  However, I was waiting on word from one officer before making a final decision.  Flynx wanted to talk to Diablo first.  I dropped the ball and never followed up with Flynx.  Now, we have a new issue rearing its ugly head and it is being smeared here 

It seems that the overwhelming majority of officers feel that Diablo is a negative representative for AoL.  The decision between the other Lords last time (except for Flynx's final input), was that we should give Diablo a way to save face and step down on his own.  That way it would limit negativity amongst officers not involved.  It is a little too late for that now; but, Diablo if you wish to step down with your own story still, I think that would be best.

d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:57 pm

by The Beau Brothers on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:47 pm
Diablo contacted me after this post.  He asked to be kicked out or demoted to Ally.  I told him Ally would be OK for now, but with the ongoing discussion of the Ally rank, that could possibly change in the near future. 

Then he warned that Kitty, Beez and Nai's ultimate goal is to destroy AoL, and that up to 30 members will be following him.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:57 pm

by B E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881"E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881" Z on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:05 pm
Lol yeah okay he's super got a following
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:58 pm

by B E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881"E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881" Z on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:06 pm
The past discussions you've had with him were just a coincidence
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:58 pm

by B E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881"E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881" Z on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:31 pm
Now that I'm not at school, I'd like to follow up on this a bit, because there are a few things that need to be said here.

While my intention was not for Dia to leave all together (though I think it was completely appropriate for him to be demoted), I can't say I'm too upset about how things turned out here. He has been a problem for a long time.

The Diablo problem speaks to a bigger problem, I think. Dia has been an issue in the guild for a while, and every time I or someone else talked about it to the guild leader (Ratche or Beau) it was always "I talked to him and he'll be good" which never happened or "I almost demoted him but we worked it out" or something along those lines. He's been dangling by a thread for a while, and the only reason he's been around so long in the officer circle seems to be because he's been around so long in general. 

If he were a new member and some officer said "I nominate Diablo for officer" I would be willing to bet that he would never have made it into our ranks. In fact, I don't think he'd even qualify for squire based on the criteria we make people meet. 

I am not the type that likes things like officer roles to be status symbols, so that the officers just represent the higher ups' inner circle of friends. Seems like that is a good way for the rank(s) to not be taken seriously at all. 

Like Grimmz mentioned above, I would not bring any of this up if I didn't care. I WANT the leadership of AoL to be good. But if we really look at what we have here, I think we have a lot of work to do.

I know the saying is "AoL is a laid back guild" but Christ this is getting ridiculous. There shouldn't be ranks at all then. 

This Dia thing is a good example of how things go wrong. It was never taken care of properly through what I understand to be numerous complaints, because people were afraid of hurting feelings or doing what needed to be done, so an open sore just festered away until it blows up like this. 

Anyway, just my 2c. I'm sorry if anybody who is friends with Diablo is upset with how things worked out.

d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:59 pm

by Blank De HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u37"Ratche on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:40 pm
d-shadow wrote:start to seem like ishould not talk.... its agian kitty and beez have fromed  jury and judges and given only 1 option............

Add me to that list diablo
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

by Blank De HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u37"Ratche on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:46 pm
Beez is right, I dropped the ball on this months ago. I knew how he would react and saw this coming a mile away and didn't want it to hurt the guild but in the end I should have done this when I had the chance. I really thought he was better after my big convo with him, but he apparently was just that way around me. It may hurt the guild (30 people is a joke) but we'll survive, and if need be I can come back a bit more frequently. 
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881"E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881" Z on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:48 pm
Do you really think people will leave because of him? He's been rude to just about everyone. I don't know of anybody who's sole tie to the guild was Diablo.

Also, I know I sound huffy above and it's true my posts have been like that because I'm starting to lose my patience a bit...but my aim is NOT to be pointing fingers and doling out blame. I am genuinely trying to get things to change so shit is more cooperative here within the officer circle, and so that officers themselves actually deserve the respect they expect from their titles.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:00 pm

by The Beau Brothers on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:59 pm
I dropped the ball on this one too, when I did not follow up with Flynx and put the final nail in the coffin the last time this came up.  We do tend to sweep things under the rug a lot.  That never solves problems.  Just makes for a lumpy rug that tears and reveals its secrets. Later.  

BTW Diablo has already been removed from the Officer forum.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:01 pm

by Zero Yesterday at 12:01 am
I was trying not to get involved with his but,  at one point I felt like he didnt even deserve the rank of lord based on 

beez wrote:You don't show anybody respect at all, and you're demanding respect?
he'd use that as an excuse to be rude and not take anything back.  He kicked me once when I joked back at him. Anyway its a bit sad to see him gone tho, wish it could have gone another way but its for the best in the long run. Also I really doubt that many people are gunna leave or if anyone does leave it'll be peasants if anything >.> Everyone else in the guild is really in here for what AoL is not for dio.

d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

by Inuyashapup Yesterday at 2:35 am
d-shadow wrote:actually ther is sometihng you  dont know about that suspension...... it never happened...i only said i was banned bc i had sometihng horrible happened irl  which caused me to stop doing anytihng for 5 days....iu odnt tell waht due its  personal& horrible nature

I know he is removed but why would you even lie about that; as a ex leader maybe I am too harsh but when it comes to that it would of been instant kick no questions- specially since several warnings were given. I'm sorry it ended this way for him, and how it played out in the end completely :/

B E E Z wrote:I am genuinely trying to get things to change so shit is more cooperative here within the officer circle, and so that officers themselves actually deserve the respect they expect from their titles.

This though ^^^^^ This issue (as a whole) and the result could have been avoided, specially the blow out ending :/ As a team we really need to cooperate so that future issues that come about don't burst... 

I say this because people have mouths and use that mouth to spread mislead hateful information about a guild they were kicked or left because they were wrong in a issue- As in spreading how bad AoL is- when in reality, is not the case. 

d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

by The Beau Brothers Yesterday at 5:37 pm
Should we make some sort of announcement in the Round Table?

d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:02 pm

HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881"E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881" Z Yesterday at 5:38 pm
About Dia leaving, or just about expectations in general?
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

by The Beau Brothers Yesterday at 7:18 pm
I was referring to Diablo's departure, but a bump up of expectations would be good too.  I'm sure we have a thread.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

by Syll Yesterday at 7:57 pm
Definitely gonna add more once I get home, but one thing I did want to add is that stuff like kicking someone out of the guild isn't really something that should be done unless it's actually a serious thing. Fun is fun and all, but in the event people don't like being cut off from the guild, having anyone else who looks at guild activity wonder what happened, etc ect, it's generally not a good idea.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:03 pm

HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881" Z Yesterday at 8:18 pm
I have no idea what you're trying to say Tim   I look forward to your TBC part later.

Beau - Personally I am on the fence. On one hand, everyone that would care is getting an earful from Dia himself I'm sure...But on the other hand, I feel like drawing attention to drama is also a bad idea. I don't know...I'd like to see more input from others on this. Doing a post would allow for some damage control, and would help with getting stories straight instead of people going off rumors Dia will be spreading, since he doesn't think he has ever been wrong, apparently.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:03 pm

by The Beau Brothers Yesterday at 9:32 pm
All this being said, if a member of a party of mine had went AFK for 30 minutes, whether it were a guild member of a fill in, I may not have said anything rude, but that person would be discussed by the party and kicked out.

Last edited by The Beau Brothers on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Blazing Beau, Bregalad Beau, Blazefiend Boldbeau, Beauxx, Bonelicker Beau, 
Baalhazor Beau, Bollocked Beau and Brecciaa (the weird sister) ......
Hey!  Friend Beau on HYPERLINK "https://www.facebook.com/LaidBackBeau"  HYPERLINK "https://www.facebook.com/LaidBackBeau"Facebook
G-Mail:  beaubrothers@gmail.com

The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Guild: AOL
IGN: The Beau Brothers.4023
Number of posts: 2259
City: Morgan City, LA
Hobbies: Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date: 2007-09-19

by The Beau Brothers Yesterday at 9:33 pm
I doubt I would even give them that long.  It is pretty damn rude in the first place to join a party then go AFK.  Especially without any kind of notification.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:04 pm

by B E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881"E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881" Z Yesterday at 9:38 pm
Beau, nobody likes when people afk in groups. If he's telling the truth and that was what was going on in this one instance, okay maybe he wasn't being a shit ....and I highly doubt he's telling the truth anyway. But like I said before, this was not the first time he's been an asshole. You and Ratche have both had conversations with me (and presumably others) about how you weren't sure why he was even a lord and there were many times you were gonna demote him etc etc.

If you want him in the guild, whatever, invite him back. But he should NOT be anything above militia. He was never, ever leadership material.

It sounds like you're having a bunch of second thoughts. 

Also, I'm not sure how this relates back to the post question you posed before.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

by The Beau Brothers Yesterday at 10:01 pm
I was not saying I wanted him back.  He asked to be Ally then he left on his own.  I was just re-reading the whole thread again for the 50th time being the neurotic freak I am.  That part just stuck out to me.  

This issue needed a spotlight put on it again.  No matter how big or small this particular incident was, it needed to be put in the light.  It needed to be dealt with in a final manner.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

B E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881"E HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u1881" Z Yesterday at 10:30 pm
I agree. It just sounds like you're not happy with the outcome ...not sure what else could be done other than continuing to ignore him and allowing him to keep being this way.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:05 pm

by Blank De HYPERLINK "https://lightness.forumotion.com/u37"Ratche Yesterday at 11:57 pm
I personally think this was the best outcome from this situation. I'm not saying Dio was lying but I have a feeling there was a whole lot more to that story than what he told us. It had to be done. He left on his own. I've known him a long time and consider him a friend but this behaviour has long been unacceptable and as he wasn't going to change. It had to be done. Like I said before, I wish I had done it months ago. I just let friendship get in the way of doing what was right for the guild.
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:08 pm

so to make sure u understnad what happened was this.i had a party in cm path 1. it was me a pug thiwef from dnk and 3 persons from guild WOLF one of the wolfes went afk almost immedeatly after start. i asked 2 itmes if hes gonna afk long,no response then when we had killed bloody victoria that guy came back with phrase " i know what im doing,dickface. after then i said ! if you know what youre doing,dont afk"...which apparently was rude........so after pouring HUNDREDS of hours and hundreds of gold in to the guild that gets me kicked.....so kids beware of beign too rude ....
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Midway Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:27 pm

Dia, i remember a day before you left/were kicked. You sighed constantly. Over and over and over and over again. As a regular member of AoL, i saw you were asked to stop several times, to the point of pissing off Beez and i think tia maybe kittyn. It was highly annoying and childish behavior. Almost borderline temper tantrum. I even tried to get people to just ignore it, cause you wouldn't answer anyone what was wrong. I don't normally fully pay attention to chat, but that was very childish behavior from someone who held an officer title.

I mean if i had a bad time in a pug group, i'd be like. Man those guys sucked or were asshats or something. Then moved on.

Also lying about being banned by Anet, not a cool move. You held a position of authority in guild. With that position, you have a responsibility to hold yourself up to a higher standard. Its what we call pride.

Sorry how everything went down, but from what i see. You truely did it to yourself.

(11 years guild leader, officer in other MMO's.)

Just my humble opinion.
Midway
Midway
Level 40

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next