Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draft for new Rank Expectations. Adding Cavalry.

+9
Demonic cassandra
Gannon Vicarious
Inkubus
Mutt
seamonster
Zero
worf warrior
Dragnix Pheodron
The Beau Brothers
13 posters

Go down

Draft for new Rank Expectations.  Adding Cavalry. Empty Draft for new Rank Expectations. Adding Cavalry.

Post by The Beau Brothers Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:30 am

OK here is my first draft of the revised expectations.  
Please, give me your thoughts of additions or modifications.

Soldier:            New members.  Silent members.  
                        Members who do not represent consistently.

Cavalry:           You are an active and trusted member of AoL.
                        ... are seen talking in Guild Chat regularly.
                        ... participate in guild events/games.
                        ... start/join parties with other guild members.
                        ... represent AoL most of the time (~90%).
                        ... are a regular participant in Voicechat (at least once a week).
                        ... have registered and introduced yourself on the forum. (lightness.forumotion.com)

Squire:            A Squire is first expected to meet all of the Cavalry's expectations, then...

You are friendly and helpful to other members.
                        ... are aware of changes to the game so you can help members adjust.
                        ... assist officers with recruiting new members. (see recruiting guide).
                                 (this power is not given lightly, you must be a very trusted member.)
                        ... regularly encourage members to group up and play together.
                        ... are not always picky about who can join your parties (Teach).
                        ... are an active and vocal participant in Voicechat (several times a week).
                        ... are an active forum contributor (Min. 10 posts).

Knight:            A Knight is first expected to meet all of the  Cavalry and Squire's expectations, then....

You Keep the peace in Guild Chat and Teamspeak.  
                                  (reprimanding or removing problem members)
                        ... keep reprimands in whisper whenever possible.  
                                  (No need to embarrass someone unnecessarily.)

... take initiative for decisions about members.  
                                  (Not every decision needs to be discussed in committee.)

... bring concerns about members, that you are not sure how to handle, 
                                  to the Lords or Guild Leader.

... are honest and open with guild members.  We are not a secret society.  
                                  Only issues 
marked confidential or sensitive in nature should be 

withheld from regular members.
                        ... take ownership of duties required to operate an efficient guild.  
                                  (Recruiting, Repping, Events, etc...) (come up with your own)

... lead at least one scheduled event on a weekly basis
                                  (Dungeons/Living World/PvP/WvW)

... take the initiative to run at least one scheduled weekly activity.
                        ... take pride in helping others.  No officer of AoL should begrudge helping members.  
                                  Officers enjoy helping new people.  
                                  (That does not mean you have to drop everything and go running all the time.)

... are patient and kind.
                        ... groom members for promotion to Cavalry and Squire.  
                                  (Convince them to get on TS and the forum.)
                        ... help members to become the kinds of members we want to play with.

... assist in the decision making process for matters concerning the guild by posting
                                  well thought out responses to issues raised by other officers within a week 

of the original posting.  
                        ... set yourself a minimum weekly recruiting goal and do your best to meet it.

Lord:               Lords meet most of the above expectations.  
                       Lords are AoL's longest standing and/or most trusted members.  
                       Lords are the top advisers to the King.
                       Lords serve at the Kings discretion.  

King:

The other two ranks are:

Ally:     These are members of our ancient GW1 ally guilds
               [RLR] The Lords Of Dragon Heart
               [Liar] Liars Cheats And Thieves

Guild Missions:  This is a temporary rank for people who have helped us with our second 
                        guild missions.  Once we can do our second missions without help 
                        the Guild Mission rank will be eliminated.

Last edited by The Beau Brothers on Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:59 am; edited 17 times in total
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Draft for new Rank Expectations.  Adding Cavalry. Empty Re: Draft for new Rank Expectations. Adding Cavalry.

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:17 am

I think this is great Beau, I honestly believe these are fair expectations and I don't believe they ask too much.
I honestly believe the next goal is establishing who belongs under what rank.
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness (AoL)
Number of posts : 522
City : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Draft for new Rank Expectations.  Adding Cavalry. Empty Re: Draft for new Rank Expectations. Adding Cavalry.

Post by worf warrior Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:25 pm

Totaly Agree great work Your lordship great work, And yes agreed also with kara need to fit the right people into the right ranks. Smile if i can help in any way feel free to email me on here or direct on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or my private email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

p.s i dont mind anyone using these emails as abuser will be blocked muhahahaha Smile lol
worf warrior
worf warrior
Level 32

Guild : aol
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:39 pm

looks good, are the forum expectations prerequisite to the rank or just expectations ( it think they should be prerequisite to consider promoting)
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:19 pm

They will be "expected" to be met before promotion; so, yes, they would be a prerequisite.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by seamonster Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:22 pm

Looks good I think that we can all agree. At this time I don't have anything to add.. but I will try to keep thinking about it.
seamonster
seamonster
Level 21

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:55 am

This was first posted to the Officer's forum, but it is not a confidential topic.  I would like all members to have a chance at commenting on the proposed changes to rank expectations.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:58 am

Please feel free EVERYONE/ANYONE if you have any input/thoughts/opinions to post here..
As an officer I want to make sure all our members feel like they have a valued voice in decision making processes :-)
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mutt Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:52 am

Yo ho! Mutt here, from the way this reads to me is that each officer will have a five man party with one or two squires and the rest cavalry for guild missions. The squire rank, i think would need to know certain parts in game like WvW, pvp, dungeons, fractals, and pve to be able to teach others how to be able to do it. the learning lower guild ranks, will need to be more active in wanting to do stuff with the guild when posted in guild chat to be able to help newer guild players coming in.
Mutt
Mutt
Level 9

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2015-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Inkubus Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:57 am

That was well said, honest, and encouraging. The goals for each rank look attainable and fair relative to their importance.

It seems to me, if willing to step a just little bit out of ones normal comfort zone socially, advancement is possible here(at least by my observation) What is great and what I admire is that leadership sets the example first and foremost.

I hope many more embrace the rankings. Not just for the ranking itself, but for what it is trying to achieve: a damned good time for all!

Inkubus
Level 2

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2015-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gannon Vicarious Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:03 pm

I see no issues here at all. Each rank seems fair and reasonable.
Gannon Vicarious
Gannon Vicarious
Level 1
Level 1

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2015-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonic cassandra Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:36 pm

Liking the new ranking system Calvary,looks very achievable an fair for all members who want to get  up the ranks with the guild, after all thats what guild`s are all about helping each other an having alot of fun.
Demonic cassandra
Demonic cassandra
Level 21

Male
Guild : aol the best
Number of posts : 212
City : Antrim
Hobbies : Gaming-Fishing-an more Gaming lol.
Registration date : 2015-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:04 pm

AoL are beginning to move into a new and exciting direction!! As an officer I am very excited to see how this journey will pan out and to see AoL come out stronger and more united as a guild.

Speaking on behalf of the other officers, we would very much like to encourage ALL our members to become involved in this new rank establishment.. ultimately this impacts everyone at any rank so we want to include everyone's thoughts and opinions <3<3
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ConKnows Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:18 pm

I have only joined a few days ago, but you have a very structured and rewarding system for those wishing to rise in the ranks.

ConKnows
Level 0

Male
Number of posts : 2
City : Arizona
Registration date : 2015-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jambo Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:48 am

So... before I begin on my thoughts about this, I do apologize if this rubs some people the wrong way and / or I seem extremely blunt or not very enthused about this...

I unfortunately do not understand AoL's ranking structure as it is.

Currently speaking we are aiming to be a true PvX guild according to officers and GL. However, I find that the officers at this time has only 2 main roles, maybe 3.

The first role being recruiting and the second being being Guild mission party leaders.

The 3rd role of being teachers is one that I do not consider as specific officer role as I see this to be a necessary role for ALL members.

If you look at true PvX guilds that are well respected across the GW2 community, officers have VERY specific role. They are the leaders of specific aspects of the game, e.g. Dungeon leader, TT commander, Teq commander, WvW commander, PvP leader, etc.

In my personal opinion if we are wanting to be this true PvX guild that we claim we want to become, then we need to reorganize the current rank structure as is, not adding a new one for simply recruiting abilities (this is how I am seeing squires being used for).

When I was a Officer in AoL back in the day, I was responsible for WvW and TT Commanding. I strongly believe that the current officers need to find and become experts of certain aspects of the game and be leaders of that part.

I do not believe simply being used as party leaders for GM's, being a long time member, or helping people justifies being or becoming a officer.

Once again I do apologize if I did offend people but that is not my intention. But those of you that know me I want this guild to thrive and sometimes challenging and saying things that is uncomfortable to say is necessary.

Also as a former Sgt in the Marines, I do believe that being a leader needs to be purposeful. Too many times have I seen leaders in the military or civilian work for that I often question "exactly what is your purpose"? I unfortunately am starting to ask the same question right now for our guild.

Last edited by Jambo on Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Jambo
Jambo
Level 8

Number of posts : 86
City : TEXAS.
Hobbies : Being Texan.
Registration date : 2013-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by sinican Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:49 am

I would like to suggest a rank...

Rank Name: Short Bus

this can be your misc people... potential uses.. a "time-out" rank, trolling rank, etc.

Am I serious? I dunno, am I?

P.S. Everything else looks good, I don't have any further suggestions for potential improvement at this time.

sinican
Level 0

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:28 am

Good points daph
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:16 am

We do have separate threads where officers are encouraged to take up duties and I am looking for people to step up and take charge of WvW and PvP.  But, in the end we are mostly a PvE guild.  It may be difficult to change that.  

Thank you for your input Daph.  I will add something or clarify the Knights expectations to indicate taking a leading roll in different aspects of the game.  I will be looking more for officers to specialize.

In some ways, I would like to see us become more PvX; however, the casual nature of the guild may never generate that.  I have to work with the tools at hand.  We do have people willing to step up into those roles and they will become leaders.  I hope for success.

In the end, if we just remain a casual, social PvE guild, I will be happy with that too.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Isaac Nudeton Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:58 pm

I think the new rank is a good addition. It makes becoming an officer seem like a more obtainable goal for those of us that would like to in the future.
Sir Isaac Nudeton
Sir Isaac Nudeton
Level 1
Level 1

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2015-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:59 am

Edited into the Knight's expectations:

... lead at least one scheduled event on a weekly basis 
                                  (Dungeons/Living World/PvP/WvW)
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down