Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem Members

3 posters

Go down

Problem Members Empty Problem Members

Post by Midway Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:01 am

As much as i like to be a casual guild, we need to start doing something about the guild members who are causing more grief and drama then necessary. Lately there is only talk and a nod at the problem, and a ignorance of doing anything about it. I'm sure we all have members we are watching because they've been causing trouble. It seems though that we are unwilling to do anything about the drama. So this post is here to start collaborating information on our problem members. Eventually together we can finally do something about it. Be it talking to these members, or kicking them. Remember this is a friendly casual guild, doesn't mean people are aloud to walk all over us in our house.

Members who I've been keeping an eye on. (Please add anything you've noticed with these members or add other members you've been looking at.)

Mel I understand Mel has her issues, but how long do we let this to continue on for. Overly dominating conversations, expecting other's to play the game for her. (She seriously said she wanted someone to hold her hand to find a ranger pet cause she didn't want to look for it on her own.) Complaining on and on and on until she gets her way. (She complained soo much the other day about not having HoT xpac, that Bloatmage actually bought her the expansion). Talking over commanders while in the middle of a coordinated strategy. NOT following directions when assigned. Picking on others, but then gets upset when she's picked on. People still have her muted on teamspeak cause they're tired of her talking non stop. (Oldmate) From what I understand talking with other officers. Guild members still don't get on teamspeak because she's on. Sorry don't have those names.

Astrum Been keeping an eye on him. He's openly said he didn't like Kainis and had some words to share on that. He and I got into it the other day, after defending myself he left the Guild Wars 1 guild. Since then he's been avoiding teamspeak all together; and if he does get on TS, he makes a private channel. His attitude and anti social behavior hasn't changed since we brought him back. If anything it seems to have gotten worse. (Seamon said he's been keeping an eye on him as well)

Maxie It's like a roller coaster with him. He's got his good day's and bad. But after the rant AGAIN about spoilers while in Teamspeak the other day. This isn't the first time this has happened. He did this last time they release story mode progression.

Fenix He's got a bit of an attitude and a mouth to match. Some of his comments are a bit abrasive. The call on him staying is in Beau's court.
Midway
Midway
Level 40

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Problem Members Empty Re: Problem Members

Post by Mrs Tech Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:11 pm

I can understand all points, from not wanting to be told anything about whats coming up in game as some like to find their own way round and get the surprise when they complete or not, and i also understand that some people like myself do like a lot of info and help, and yes i will wait for the help and not insist on getting help straight away i'm a patient person and i probably annoy the hell out of some but hey ho, at my age it doesn't effect me one way or another, But saying that when i was younger it would have done and i wouldn't have wrote any of this. and i'm rambling again aren't i ok i'll shut up ........... for now lol flower flower
Mrs Tech
Mrs Tech
Level 17

Female
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 179
City : Coventry UK
Hobbies : GW's FB, Knitting,Darts,
Registration date : 2014-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kainis Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:35 pm

Regarding Astrum, I wasn't even aware that he had a problem with me. I don't know what he could have a problem with me about, but it doesn't matter to me. Liking me isn't a requirement to be in the guild, and his antisocial behavior isn't hurting other guild members. The only thing I care about is actions by guild members that discourage participation by other guild members.

Mel's been kicked after Sarge had the last straw with her. That's for the best, really. We had a rift building over another member buying her HoT because she was being so bitchy about it, and in the end it didn't quiet her. I don't think she showed any appreciate at all for it, but the fact someone did that for her probably would have increased members with their hands out. If it didn't, she likely would have continued to press her bitchiness to get even more stuff from other members. We don't need that, that's not how this guild works. Those that have been shown kindness usually received it WITHOUT asking, and they were certainly never pests about it.

With regard to Fenix, I haven't noticed anything. He had difficulty with some of the old guard, but I attributed that more to them than I did to him. I can watch for anything that is creating stress or bad feelings and act on it as it happens. I personally feel that Knights and above in teamspeak should play moderator on occasion. I'm going to work on taking on this role when I'm there. My approach will just to be to participate and watch for tempers starting to flare, then step in to let cooler heads prevail when it happens. I'm hoping that when things get heated, stepping in to slow it down will make everyone happier in teamspeak. If nothing else, I get to be the villain so that we don't have West Side Story building in the guild.

That brings me to Maxie. I think he's deliberately antagonistic. He wants to create drama any time an opportunity arises. I don't want our other members to have to deal with that. If he can't keep a check on his attitude, he will need to go. That said, just booting him without saying anything isn't the way to go either. That's how the feelings of those that didn't find him a problem get hurt and start to create more problems. Maybe my teamspeak moderation approach will improve his behavior and make him a non-issue. More likely, he'll get well past 3 strikes and it will be apparent why we weren't a good fit for him.

Kainis
Level 4

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2014-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down