Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cart before the horse BUT... Anniversary!!

4 posters

Go down

Cart before the horse BUT... Anniversary!! Empty Cart before the horse BUT... Anniversary!!

Post by Kiera Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:31 am

Hiya!
So I was thinking (here is where everyone runs away and hides) that since the founding of AoL was in November 2006, and this year will be the Guilds 3-year Anniversary (Neo's very first post on the forum was on Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:54) ... we should start contemplating in general a massive blow-out celebration because without the start of our home here, the odds of any of us finding each other in-game would have been slim to none, Akroma would be homeless living in a box under the bridge in LA, Anna would be selling flowers in HzH, Mighty... well he would probably be lost in a dungeon somewhere within EoTN poking in all the corners and launching all the pop-ups unexpectedly (<3), you get the general idea!

Yes I realize November is 5-months away, BUT I am talking fireworks, events that are AoL-Sponsored like Scavenger Hunt, some GvG with AoL-based team, Lotto, Trivia contests, PvP-Tournament, Dungeons, Random giftings, things along those lines (not to mention is prior to the Christmas bash normally as an alliance we do so people aren't scrambling scrabbling around). So food for thought, I'd really like to see us while working to build the Guild stronger together, start hatching ideas and events for either the weekend of Nov 21 or Nov 28 and maybe something smaller on the actual day which is mid-week.

*raises Coffee-Mug in salute* is something we can all sink our teeth into and have fun with!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Cart before the horse BUT... Anniversary!! Empty Re: Cart before the horse BUT... Anniversary!!

Post by neoteo Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:52 pm

the place where the first AoL meeting with vogo and minie was in quarell falls

maybe we could do a kinda of ritual there as well
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Cart before the horse BUT... Anniversary!! Empty Re: Cart before the horse BUT... Anniversary!!

Post by Kiera Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:37 pm

oh Neo that would rock! I wonder if we could somehow have them here too since without the Founders none of this would have come about!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:01 am

i totaly agree
i would love to have them , if we made somekind of ritual where we bow to vogo and minie , i bet we can make them cry , hahah Very Happy
maybe have akroma invite them , if not i can also try to make them come , send some emails and stuff , its good that we are taking out time to think about this , birthdays are not that big of a issue , but it could be tones of fun for sure. i love the RPG kinda of events , when we have our own reasons to make people meet. i have seen some random events in towns after all this 4 years. i even saw a german weeding in Lions Arch once.

this brings to mind , events like we have for allience picture , its nice on the guild hall , but i think it owns more when we do it in a town.

yes its show off , it feels good too. we can show to the radon people on that town , that we organized something , this helps to improve allience reputation ingame. in small towns like quarell falls make a really nice effect imo.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:31 am

Id love to see the founders again, maybe we could find

Ang and Cinimon Twists, and James is even back so thats a lot of the
Old crew, we should put together a sort of Officer Timeline

To pay respect to the people that make this guild is it both old and new!

Mighty
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:11 pm

**Blows the dust of my post**
We're fast approaching........
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:40 pm

What do you suggest?

I was thinking of maybe a reunion again thatd be fun
anyone get in contact with Ang, Twists and Vogo?
Maybe even Yosei or Minior Isabella?
Perhaps we can even invite folks like Silka and Aero?

A celebration of ALL AoLers...new and old!

We could even launch a farming campaign and farm the hell outta treat-or-treat bags
and save them for the party? I'm thinking a couple stacks? and then hand them out

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:17 pm

if anyone has the Founders emails please do get in touch with them, that would be awesome! As far as former members go, lol I think perhaps not simply because they've moved on as AoL has, and we should celebrate how this all started in conjunction to where we stand right here, right now.
Events (just tossing out)
- Alliance photo
- PVP (lol naturally)
- Scavenger hunt (what about a team photo in some far-flung pain in the butt place
- GW trivia contest
- course the stand-bys of VSF, dungeons, deep, urgoz, etc etc
thoughts?
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:43 pm

As i recall yosei mini and isabella also "moved on" the formers members have "moved on" yet their celebrated AoLers I see no difference Its all about celebrating what we had in common inrollment in AoL at least IMO

I like the photo idea, and i'll host a Flea Market or something of the sort
during the weekend perhaps we can have a slue of AoL only events?

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:08 pm

I appreciate your thoughts about the former members however I think the Founders would be more appropriate as without their thought to start the Guild in the beginning... we would not be having conversation Smile
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:49 pm

a week or 2 ago i saw yosei in an uwsc i was in.. he asked about AoL and all that ^^
Altair
Altair
Level 24

Male
Guild : Guild With No [NAME]
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down