Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOTW nom,

4 posters

Go down

GOTW nom, Empty GOTW nom,

Post by yosei Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:46 am

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our featuring [AoL] as a Guild Wars Guild of the Week. Unfortunately, we do not have enough information on which to base a decision about the guild you have nominated. If you would care to fill out the nomination form in greater detail, we'll be happy to assess the possibility of the guild getting a spotlight through the Guild of the Week series.

Thank you for your interest in the Guild of the Week program. We look forward to receiving the additional information, and appreciate your assisting us by providing further details.

Regards,

The Guild Wars Team

Tht's the msg i got lol from GW staff, if nyone else can give it a shot im sure we'll get there =D

yosei
Level 6

Male
Number of posts : 64
City : canada
Hobbies : none
Registration date : 2006-11-27

Back to top Go down

GOTW nom, Empty Re: GOTW nom,

Post by neoteo Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:02 pm

lol , nice one !!!
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Akroma Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:28 pm

just tell me where to give it a try and ill do it.
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by yosei Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:50 pm

http://www.guildwars.com/community/guildweek/gotw-nominations.php good luck Very Happy

yosei
Level 6

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:14 am

Requirements

The following are requirements for consideration as a Guild of the Week:

A Guild Website — the site must be updated at least twice a month, with either Guild Wars news or guild news in general.

A good standing with the community — (guilds that are active on fansites, submitting articles, etc.)

At least 12 members for a PvP oriented guild, 25 for a Cooperative/Social guild.

An established in-game presence: Guilds must have both their cape, and guild hall.

Supplementary Qualifiers

The following are additional factors that will be considered in assessing a candidate guild:

A Guild Forum or other means of conversing — such as a chat room, Ventrilo, or TeamSpeak server.

A good standing on the ladder — (ranked #300 and above).

Recognition for having made a unique or original contribution to the Guild Wars community.

A mature and positive attitude. No inappropriate Guild names or tags, and no inappropriate character names.
While some of these qualifiers are more important than others, guilds are not expected to meet every single one of the Supplemental Qualifiers in order to be considered as a potential Guild of the Week. For example, a guild that focuses on cooperative gameplay may not hold a position on the Guild Wars Ladder. This does not mean that the guild cannot be featured in a GotW article. Likewise the guild's possession of a TeamSpeak or other communication system, while helpful, is not a requirement for consideration.

mmm , not easy to match some of those , like being ranked 300 :p

12 players pvp oriented ?

basacly sounds like we need to do gvg ..

this are cool guide lines tho ... if we try to match this lines .. i guess we get the reward of being guild of the week.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by yosei Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:51 am

About the GvG, I wouldnt mind having a scheduled one soon, and we can grab pugs or guildies etc for the others if we hve remaining spots. Builds I;m sure we can come up with, voice comm, alliance server, no problems =D

yosei
Level 6

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:46 am

I think they mean...
The guild must be composed of at least 12 members if it's PvP oriented or at least 25 members if it's PvE oriented... At least that's how I understand it...
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:46 am