Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09

+4
Kiera
John
Haru
Spice N Dice
8 posters

Go down

Do you think Mighty will kill me for being late in making this edition?

Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 I_vote_lcap13%Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]
Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 I_vote_lcap10%Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 I_vote_lcap6%Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 I_vote_lcap6%Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 I_vote_lcap65%Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 I_vote_rcap 65% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 31

Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 Empty Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09

Post by Spice N Dice Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:19 pm

Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 SUPERMAN_SYMBOL

S.P.I.C.E.D UP

This symbol which for so long represented Superman...
...In all truth and honesty....
...means Spice...
...He's my B***h...
...!...

And on that note we bring you an awesome new edition, entrusted to me by the greaty Mighty himself!

Starting off with the fun challenges of our very own SKYLARK

Puzzle #1 Puzzle #2

Our alliance is HUGE. Amazing and Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious aren't even strong terms enough to describe the intricate network of people we know. Wanna know what's goin down?

Greetings one and all!

I've got a few tidbits and tiddlywinks to share! Bane of AoL has achieved Legendary Guardian , that's right kittens not only does he do it his way, he also does it the hard way and has the title to prove it! A mixed group from the Alliance has gone through and beaten Urgoz's wimpy butt, congratulations to everyone on that team and for those who didn't have it already you also get congrats too for getting its monument in your HoM! Mighty also of AoL has wrapped up his captivating tale of Anna the Destroyer and I HIGHLY recommend it as a read if you haven't done so already! Shout-outs to Rosa from DFD, Wine from TOA, Xaviar from BVOP, Haru from AoL, Troll from ZOA, and everyone else who responds with advice for builds, strategies, and tips/tricks in Alliance Chat, much appreciated your sharing of knowledge! Rofl from BVOP has gone and decided to have a r/t life this summer along with Lan from DFD so we will be seeing you two once the weather turns cooler and the leaves begin to change otherwise hunting parties will be dispatched from the Alliance and we will find you my pretties Twisted Evil , Transformers 2 is suppose to be amazing kick-butt (and per Israfil of ZOA Megan Fox is hotness personified) but yours truly has NOT seen it yet, /fail!! Welcome to my life.... home of no movie theatres in town *sniffs sadly* BUT my coffee is almost brewed so I'm regaining a positive outlook as I type! Jidahlo Stormarrow of RAiD was briefly on this weekend, anyone catch her to yell hey to before she called it a night? Next time someone please yell for me to get back to the keyboard LOL I miss that girl!! O.O how could I put this towards the bottom?? AoL GVG'd during the event weekend! Yes that's right, a group from AoL formed up and gave it a shot! So we didn't roll over the other teams who cares? We had fun doing it and for some it was the first time they gave PvP a shot! I say to anyone who's interested, get a team together (remember you gotta have 4 Guildies including an Officer of the Guild) and go do it! Win or Lose you're getting your feet wet and who knows, you could turn into a PvP-Rave Monster..... next stop HA because I want a bambi http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hero_(title) (not being greedy, a tiger would be nice too LOL but I do have moments of practicality every now and then!! So that's it for now, my coffee is done which means I am outta here to go get the day started!
*salutes* as always in service to the Alliance,
~Kiera

Lookin' to feel like this? >>> afro

Money tip of the week $_$

KEYS! Everybody wants a pocketful of the beautiful Zaishen keys! There are several things one can do to get them, all PvP related; but the most important is the Xunlai Tournament House. It involves no battling, and no wagers, all you have to do is predict the top 8 winners of both GvG and 1v1 monthly tournaments. A reward is given based on the accuracy of the results in the form of tournament points which can then be traded for the highly coveted Zaishen keys. A random guess earns very little, my advice to you, if you don't follow up on the tournaments, is to look at recent winners and base your predictions on that. You may also try google but fat chance.tongue.
Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 Zaishen_Key

A little advertising never hurt a profession Wink Many people go through their lives (Guildwars) without ever having felt the blessing of being everything. To that end (and a little bias) we bring this weeks Profession of the week...

THE DERVISH!!

Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 5176_1145880057076_1529763815_30358291_4535625_n
In an epic struggle to create the ultimate Caster-Fighter hybrid, magic, steel, and skill fused together, and gave birth to something of both majestic beauty and horrendous destructive capability, the Dervish. These were no ordinary fighters, for they had Balthazar in their strength, Melandru in their flesh, Lyssa in their minds, Dwayna in their hearts, and Grenth in their eyes… Holy warriors…Paladins, the dervishes are the most attuned to the 5 gods, capable of even taking on their forms and harnessing the gods wrath to execute their vengeance.
Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 Avatar3

The dervish is one of two professions exclusive to Guildwars: Nightfall. What makes them so special you wonder?
THE SCYTHE!! The Dervish is Arenanet’s very own Grim Reaper; wielding a scythe that not only has the highest maximum damage of any weapon in the game (41!!!), but also the ability to strike up to THREE adjacent enemies, BEAT THAT! Anyone can wield a scythe though, if not as proficiently as a dervish. What anyone else CAN’T do is abuse a rich array of enchantments that being a dervish comes with. Enchantments that can alter or even amplify damage dealt, diminish damage received, make a monks healing redundant, and run faster than an assassin.

Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 Saurian_Scythe

Best of all dervishes come with the sexy hood that just makes them that much more awesome $_$.
Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 131px-Dervish_Primeval_Armor_M_gray_head_sideEdition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 128px-Dervish_Ancient_Armor_F_dyed_head_sideEdition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 116px-Dervish_Vabbian_Armor_M_dyed_head_frontEdition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 125px-Dervish_Monument_Armor_F_dyed_head_frontEdition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 143px-Dervish_Norn_Armor_M_dyed_head_front

Although in 1 on 1 combat a prepared dervish can defeat almost any profession, they do have their weak points. Being a melee class they are subject to normal anti melee techniques, a dervish however would be better off than a warrior or paragon in this aspect as they can become immune with the proper skills; as they also may rely heavily on enchantments a Necromancer or Mesmer can backfire the dervish’s strength on itself, again there are ways to counter that if the dervish is prepared.

With that we conclude this edition
Special thanks to the Gazette staff for makin' it happen!
Till next time~

Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 This-is-sparta-7
Spice N Dice
Spice N Dice
Level 39

Male
Guild : [RAiD]
Number of posts : 395
City : Madaxersville
Hobbies : Finding every possible way to bug you
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 Empty Re: Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09

Post by Haru Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:33 pm

Madness! that was a badass cool edition mo!

LONG LIVE SPARTAAAAAA!!!!
Haru
Haru
Level 80

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 856
City : St. Paul
Hobbies : Tennis, Music, Anime, Games (duh)
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09 Empty Re: Edition #29 Mighty Off the Plank!! 6/29/09

Post by John Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:39 pm

Goodwork Spice! lots of info there,and i love the sexy dervish hood gallery! very nice jocolor ....p.s ..mighty will kill ya lol
John
John
Level 1
Level 1

Male
Number of posts : 17
City : Wellington NZ
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:23 pm

*laughing* Bravo Spiceeeee excellent edition!! Has been an honour to know you but yup my friend...... five of us have so far called your fate..... anyone want to bet on when the plank-walking occurs??
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramon Skylark Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:47 pm

Woop woop, i got into the bugel, good issue if i do say so myself (not just coz i got stuff in it lol) but i reccon a planc walking could be on the cards :p

(I might try and get up a smaller pic of puzzle 2, didn't realise it was so large :s)
Ramon Skylark
Ramon Skylark
Level 14

Male
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Force of the divine Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:29 pm

gj on the hiding i got them an post them soon..btw those postcards are for beginners king its ok if u dont get them...hahaha whuhahaha (is it to much?)
Force of the divine
Force of the divine
Light

Male
Guild : Illuminati Elite
Number of posts : 1495
City : Delft
Hobbies : Hockey (field), GW, drinking beer
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Spell Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:55 pm

I decided to vote for all of them because all said pretty much, you will die Mo.
Spell
Spell
Level 75

Male
Guild : Rage Aganist The Demons [RAiD]
Number of posts : 774
City : Sacramento, CA
Hobbies : Being as immature as possible.
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramon Skylark Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:29 pm

lol force, i figured you'd be the first to get, them, im gonna have to try harder, i think i can russle up more puzzles if mighty'll keep me :p
Ramon Skylark
Ramon Skylark
Level 14

Male
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Shank Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:32 pm

quite interesting.... consider a dervish... hmmmm....

how is it in pvp?
Shank
Shank
Level 5

Male
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down