Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edition #30 While The Mouse Is Away... 07/06/09

+2
Haru
Kiera
6 posters

Go down

Edition #30 While The Mouse Is Away... 07/06/09 Empty Edition #30 While The Mouse Is Away... 07/06/09

Post by Kiera Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:49 pm

Greetings one and all!!!
MightyM's still running wild so yours truly is bringing you an abbreviated Edition #30 because.... well he's not here and when the Mouse is away..... the Bunni will play so onwards we go!

Real World Distractions
With Logan Shadowclan
-------------------
Hello everyone! I hope your summer/winter has been enjoyable up to this point. With all the craziness occurring in our little virtual family, many of you probably feel your head spinning from too much information. However, some things may have popped up in the “Real World,” that you may have missed as you liberated the Canthan lands from the tyrannical rule of Shiro. But never fear, for I bring to you your weekly Real World Distractions.

First up, Mahmoud Ahmedinejad has been officially declared the president of the Islamic Republic of Iran for a second term. This ruling came from the Guardian Council of the country amid protests of election fraud as well as massive crackdowns against the protests. President Ahmedinejad has once again stated that the West was meddling in Iranian affairs, yet is still completely willing to have talks with the United States.

In the Far East, North Korea has fired more short range missiles, 7 to be exact. While the North hasn’t fired the missile that can supposedly reach Hawaii, the official policy is that anything that is deemed as obstructing by North Korea will be viewed as a declaration of war. With a country of people that are suffering from neglect and a reclusive leader whose own son does not want to lead, this could certainly turn into a very desperate scenario for the small country.

In domestic news, Sarah Palin has decided to step down as governor of Alaska. She will be succeeded by the Lt. Governor Sean Parnell. Reasons for stepping down are unknown. Parnell will be sworn in on July 26th.

And on a slightly morbid note, here are the weekly Celebrity Obituaries:

Michael Jackson-Entertainer, 50
Billy Mays-Pitchman, 50
Farrah Fawcett-Actress/Model, 62
Steve McNair-Tennessee Titans QB, 36

That’s all for this week. I’ll be back next week, armed to the teeth with Real World Distractions.

~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*

Yours truly actually captured someone for an interview to provide more insight into the varied people we have within the Alliance! (no charges will be pressed I'm told although I guess I need to work more on my capturing skills and NOT cause bodily harm while trapping, meh *shrugs*). This tidbit is all about Dam Mistress from RAiD so sit back and learn about someone new!

Dam's been in GW for roughly a year, being introduced to the game by their Uncle and totally effin loved it so bought Factions first(which is why Dam has mad love for Factions and is currently working on maxing out the titles in that campaign). Dam's also got all the other campaigns and just needs to get HM on both Proph and EoTN and then will be unstoppable! Also when not focusing on Vanquishing in Cantha, you can also find The Dam running around in RA, not to mention charging towards R3 for Lucky! (Congrats on hitting R2 last night btw!) If anyone's seen Dam on AC, you are well aware they're always having fun, being goofy, social, and encouraging others to become more active both within RAiD and in the Alliance. Dam's advice to other Officers is to get to know people both in their own Guilds and through the Alliance, and one of the best ways to do this is by using the Alliance vent server (Dam is in the process of getting setup again *taps toe waiting*)

Peering intently at Dam, I had to ask the burning question that's been on my mind since I'm always yelling their name in AC, and that's where they came up with the name Dam Mistress. And I quote "My last name starts with Dam and my char is a girl and at that time I was reading alot of books that used the title Mistress.... It came to me in a dream...... Just kidding.... oh and my email has Dam in it too". ((*grins* I don't know about you kittens but I want to know just what books they read now so I'll be saving that for another time another pounce!))

Next up are tidbits and tiddlywinks to give more insight into the character that we know as Dam!
What are three things that bug you about GW?
That there's going to be a GW 2 because 1 is so amazing!
You can only have 10 people on your ignore list.
We need more scary emotes.
Oh and add that I always get changed to the dung beetle with mysterious tonics Sad they're ugly and smelly, I hate those things!) *is my interview LOL so do you really think I'm gonna worry about sticking with just 3 things?*

Favorite music?
I enjoy bands from Tool to Dethklok (and have one of their concert T's too!). Kenye West is awesome too and some classical, techno (dancing kind) and celtic.

What do you do in the real world?
I'm an artist of sorts and I'll be going to college in the fall and I flirt alot in real life <3 and enjoy biking. Oh and put speech under the things I like to do in RL... going in Congress as part of the enchanting land of New Mexico youth delegation

What thought or message would you want to put in a fortune cookie?
If you're smart you just might get lucky tonight. (course kittens we all what goes on the end of every single fortune cookie message.... you tell me if Dam's got humour rockin or what....)

If you had to give up a favorite food, which would be the most difficult to give up?
Ice cream!!! Or does that really count as a food... Yeah Ice Cream for sure!

What is one item that you really should throw away, but probably never will?
The vampiric dwarven axe. I might need it if someone gets stuck on an Urgoz Run though... LOL has not done Urgoz in months.

Pick one.... chocolate or vanilla
VANILLA HANDS DOWN

Favorite soda?
Pepsi - coolest designs and the taste is awesome
(yours truly forgives Dam for drinking the Pepsi... not everyone can have taste in soda I suppose.... *grins*)

What would you want people in the alliance to know about you?
That I have these beautiful blue-grayish eyes.....

Closing words from Dam before the GW police surrounded our chat and I had to leave :p
""I would like to add that I've had lots of good times with this Alliance but my only regret is not finding it sooner. And that is the [RAiD] chat!!""

~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*
Kiera's tidbits and tiddlywinks time! News from out and about in the Alliance fast and furious style!
Bliade of AoL is now Prot of Elona, Everyone ran riot during the Dragon Festival this weekend and just omgggg @ the mask this year (<3 mine dyed purple!), PLUS you could trade all those extra v-tokens in for birthday cupcakes http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Birthday_Cupcake
Anna's got a fantastic recipe for an extravagant Butterfingers Cake so hit her up and maybe she'll share with you how to make it! (anyone counting calories.... trust the Kiera that this thing sounds good enough to forget a diet for a day or three). The next Lotto is for August anddddd Details will be posted by 9pm tonight so get your gold out and pick your 2 numbers *grins* and for goodness sakes pay so you dont miss out on collecting your winnings, cuz if you don't pay it will roll to the next lotto!

That's it for now..... I hope everyone is enjoying their summer or winter depending on where you are, and remember.... each of us is a valuable contribution to the Alliance we're in, it's not centered solely around one or two people.... so if you're not having fun do ask yourself what can you do to make it more enjoyable not only for you but for others as well.

~Salutes with my tea cup~ As always in service to the Alliance!
Kiera
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Edition #30 While The Mouse Is Away... 07/06/09 Empty Re: Edition #30 While The Mouse Is Away... 07/06/09

Post by Haru Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:04 pm

Hooray more interviews and cool stuff, love the edition *starts daydreaming about cake and my fav candy butterfinger*
Haru
Haru
Level 80

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 856
City : St. Paul
Hobbies : Tennis, Music, Anime, Games (duh)
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Edition #30 While The Mouse Is Away... 07/06/09 Empty Re: Edition #30 While The Mouse Is Away... 07/06/09

Post by Ever Wind Pro Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:47 am

nice kiera... im still waiting for mo to do 1 of these on me lol since he did 'promise' he would XD
Ever Wind Pro
Ever Wind Pro
Level 32

Male
Guild : [RAiD]
Number of posts : 329
City : Perth. Australia
Hobbies : hanging out with friends, sport, being the most random person
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiya The Butcher Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:54 pm

Yay Love it Smile
Xiya The Butcher
Xiya The Butcher
Level 11

Male
Number of posts : 117
City : UK
Hobbies : Guild Wars :D
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Spice N Dice Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:11 pm

Very nice edition, I especially liked the realword news addition, think it works really well overall. Well done
Spice N Dice
Spice N Dice
Level 39

Male
Guild : [RAiD]
Number of posts : 395
City : Madaxersville
Hobbies : Finding every possible way to bug you
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by passifis Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:08 pm

Very nice edition, plus I have to agree 100% with Haru. Dreaming about that cake with butterfinger in it.
passifis
passifis
Level 33

Male
Number of posts : 334
City : Weir
Hobbies : Guild Wars, Computer Programming, Gaming, Music
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down