Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal Project

+8
Haru
Dam
Force of the divine
neoteo
Divina Lydia
Wolf Owner
Amberlyn
Akroma
12 posters

Go down

Personal Project Empty Personal Project

Post by Akroma Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:29 pm

I have spent countless hours helping people, teaching people, running people, you name it. I spend an awful lot of time on the alliance. I have all ten professions up and running. I need a solid personal project to keep me busy. I dont mind a challenge. More importantly, I want something that will be useful to me. What I'm saying is that I am looking for helpful ideas on what I can do to spend time for myself. I dont need gold. I dont need tons of titles because it is pointless to me to try and obtain God Amongst Mere Mortals on ten characters. Any thoughts? Suggestions?
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Personal Project Empty Re: Personal Project

Post by Amberlyn Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:43 am

You could Learn things you dont know how to do yet .. =) You could ... Set goals for ur self .. Such as ... Ur going to FARM for every Drop in the game ... ! You could.. Be a Singer by Text and stand in Spamadon and type out Lyrics people may or may not know. You could Make a fashion Show on ur Monk with Different armors sets.. You could Test ur self ... and run naked through FOW and see how long it takes them to kill you and then continue to try and beat ur time ... each time ....
These are all the things I do to take up some of my free time =) thought I would share with you since noone else has yet. lol
Amberlyn
Amberlyn
Light

Female
Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Owner Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:11 am

lolz, dont forget standing in spamadam and asking people how they started to play GW =P

but ledge vanq, carto and skill hunter are all very time consuming but not all that unbelieveably dificult to do, (skill hunter costs ALOT tho >.<) skill hunter also has the benefit of letting u run every build there is on one character, perfect for dervs who CAN run near enough every decent build there is =P
Wolf Owner
Wolf Owner
Level 33

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 331
Hobbies : GW & Motorbikes
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Divina Lydia Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:26 pm

Akroma. You can start a PVP division in the whole Alliance. It is challengin in the way of making team builds and having ppl to actually playing them well.

What i want to say is. I Would love to see the name of one of our guilds HOLDING HAlls, Holding HA, I Can help you find builds and even practice with them.

Bottom line is that you have alot of experience in the PVE world. Getting all your characters with every profesion up and running took most of your time in GW. But i say what about the PVP sense of the game that you might have tried out but you did not fully got into before. Well now is the best time, get some ppl interested in this together, and start divising different builds for different types of combat.

To tell you the truth and in my opinion this is the only thing that this alliance needs right now. Becuase the alliance satisfies everyone in the PVE world we do from dungeons to helping ANYONE finish a campaing. So why not start with what we havent done.

i would start a poll and ask ppl "WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE AOL IN A LITTLE GREEN MSG SAYING AOL WON A BATTLE IN THE HALL OF HEROES!!????"

lol I would love to see that and would love to be a part of that.

I just see alot of potential in the players of the guild. i see alot of ppl in RA every day from IE, NONE and BOOM. i have seen a couple AOL too so i just think that this type of event and or part of the game we should all look at!

It is always fun also!

WHAT DO YA SAY!!! ARE YOU RDY???

Divina Lydia
Level 15

Male
Guild : [RAiD]
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:26 am

akroma .... what you are looking for is called GLOOM + FOUNDRY = HM

to master foundry takes a good deal of time and team work hard to get.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Force of the divine Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:39 am

i agree with lidia a pvp/gvg team stuff is what this alliance needs. i would rlly like to be a part of that team.
Force of the divine
Force of the divine
Light

Male
Guild : Illuminati Elite
Number of posts : 1495
City : Delft
Hobbies : Hockey (field), GW, drinking beer
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Dam Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:23 am

I agree with divine! I would love to be a part of a gvg team. xD We need to set up a TA team that goes on vent and kicks ass. Or even multiple teams at a time. Or even gvg against other guilds within the alliance. None of these would be ranked but hey we would all get exp.
Dam
Dam
Level 60

Male
Guild : RAiD
Number of posts : 646
City : Albuequerque, NM
Hobbies : Guild wars, Comedy, Books, art.
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Divina Lydia Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:44 am

true that dam. we could totally practice with out own alliance

Divina Lydia
Level 15

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:11 pm

Actually, on the GWW, linsey murdock says TA will be removed from the game and changed to some "sealed deck" format sometime in the future. So the TA team will not last long, at least under the current team system.

Removal: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Linsey_Murdock/Journal#.28TA_.2B_HB.29.5ESealed_.3D_WIN.2 (scroll down a lil to the section mentioning TA, HB, and sealed deck.

Sealed Deck(I have no idea what it is): http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Sealed_Deck
Haru
Haru
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 856
City : St. Paul
Hobbies : Tennis, Music, Anime, Games (duh)
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Divina Lydia Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:42 pm

I know what sealed deck means. It Means that they will use both formats TA and HB to create a new type of format including both of the mechanics. For example you will no longer be able to use heroes in HB and you will then use PPL. So the TA idea is not really a bad idea because it can be modified to what Linsey said. I mean if i am correct and what i read is true we could still be able to make builds for 4v4teams but with the more interesting twist about getting shrines not just only killing the oposing team like in RA. I find this to be a GOOD adition to GW because the maps for 4v4 will be larger and will have diferent enviorment for the format.

Atleast this is what i understood with both the articles you posted here.
Im still pushing for the 4v4 teams for ta or even the next generation of TA/HB!!

Divina Lydia
Level 15

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:49 pm

By "having no idea what sealed deck is" I meant that I had never heard of it before then. And what you said didn't appear to have anything to do with it...it has to do with players drawing "skill cards"(?) which determine what skills can make up their build (i.e. they can take 8 of the 20 cards drawn)

And then they didn't really say what would happen to the hero part of hero battles (when linsey moved on to TA they totally forgot about HB in the end other than in fading away with TA) so it seems theyre recycling the maps from HB into the new sealed deck TA.

It's all very confusing though so lets stay on topic of what akroma wants. (no amber im not trying to be forum police, this topic is for akroma and not discussion about PvP. a new thread can be made about that...)
Haru
Haru
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 856
City : St. Paul
Hobbies : Tennis, Music, Anime, Games (duh)
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Dam Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:24 pm

A new thread would be sweet. XD
Akroma you can TA with us after it is sealed deck, that will be new for all of us....
Dam
Dam
Level 60

Male
Number of posts : 646
City : Albuequerque, NM
Hobbies : Guild wars, Comedy, Books, art.
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberlyn Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:48 pm

*Ignores Haru* =)
Amberlyn
Amberlyn
Light

Female
Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Divina Lydia Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:38 pm

I know but didnt it sound pretty cool like i knew what i was talking about! :-P

Divina Lydia
Level 15

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:40 am

do what i want to do... make your own builds and learn how to run every dungeon in the game Smile
Altair
Altair
Level 24

Male
Guild : Guild With No [NAME]
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Jidahlo Stormarrow Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:45 am

damit lydia, u already sparked there pvp interest... but... Akroma
I will make u a deal... u get 2 r3 glad, no rush, then beat me and Dam seperately in 1v1, any build, and i will buy a mic, and sing Sarah Mclachlan's - I Love You
Jidahlo Stormarrow
Jidahlo Stormarrow
Level 35

Female
Number of posts : 354
City : Chi-town
Hobbies : Soccer, School, GW, clubs, Cooking
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Divina Lydia Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:17 am

dont leave me out, he will need to beat me in a 4v4 with heroes in one of the GHs and then ill just sing the song with you and give him 5 ectos

Divina Lydia
Level 15

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Flipkid Uk Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:37 am

Amberlyn wrote: You could Test ur self ... and run naked through FOW and see how long it takes them to kill you and then continue to try and beat ur time ... each time ....

Sounds Awesome, how long did it take you to think that up?
Flipkid Uk
Flipkid Uk
Level 5

Male
Guild : DPW
Number of posts : 59
City : England
Hobbies : Badminton, Music
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Israfil DaSlayer Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:24 am

Flipkid Uk wrote:
Amberlyn wrote: You could Test ur self ... and run naked through FOW and see how long it takes them to kill you and then continue to try and beat ur time ... each time ....

Sounds Awesome, how long did it take you to think that up?

Knowing Amber, about 2 seconds. She lives to see naked toons running around dangerous places

Israfil DaSlayer
Level 17

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jidahlo Stormarrow Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:59 am

haha, im going to do that, just because i read that, im going to devote a long time to being able to do that perfectly, skills or no skills? btw akroma i challenge u 2 get a perfect doa team going perfectly Smile
Jidahlo Stormarrow
Jidahlo Stormarrow
Level 35

Female
Number of posts : 354
City : Chi-town
Hobbies : Soccer, School, GW, clubs, Cooking
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content