Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perma???

4 posters

Go down

Perma??? Empty Perma???

Post by danyp1 Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:54 am

OK, nobody likes to be ignorant. I came from a small guild of really great people who eventually lost interest in the game. While the group will remain my friends forever they were not into the game at the same intensity level as this alliance/guild. I have learned so much since being here. Thank you all. On the other hand....

I do not understand the perma thing, among a few other concepts. I have been playing for just under 2 yrs. Mostly warrior, some necro and ele and a dabbling into monk and derv. I have a one of everything but many of my toons do not see much play time. As my signature denotes my warrior is my main guy, I have 12 maxed titles and would like to get my guardian and vanquishing titles done. I have heard people tell me to use Discordway to HH with.....I can manage with it in NM but fail miserably in HM. Peopel tell me to use a perma build, but isn't that a sin build. I do noy have a problem developing my sin, or any of my other toons, but I have a lot of time invested in my warrior and do not want to shelf him yet.

The other goal I have to to learn to do the elite areas, I am very familiar with FOW and have completed it with warrior, nec and ele. But I have never been to the other elite areas because no one in my previous guild had done them.

Is there a way to get my warrior ready for the speacial areas like Slavers or UW or any of the other fun places or do I need to advance a special toon to be able to access those areas with a group?

Sorry for all the words, it is easier to ask here than in game.

Thanks,
danyp1
danyp1
Level 3

Male
Guild : Nubz
Number of posts : 34
City : Richmond Virginia
Hobbies : Gardening, computers
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Perma??? Empty Re: Perma???

Post by Darian Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Hey there, first of all welcome to the alliance and the forum, I'm sure there are others that aren't familiar with some of the stuff you mentioned and that's why we have the forum here Smile

The so called Perma build is indeed an Assassin build, the basic concept is to maintain Shadow Form permanently (thus the name), it is a great way of tanking and taking down enemies in a solo fashion since in Shadow Form the player cannot be targetted by any spell and all hits towards the player will miss. The build is really just consist of 3 skills, Glyph of Swiftness (air magic, eye of the north, Gunnar's Hold), Deadly Paradox (Deadly Arts, Nightfall, Kamadan) and Shadow Form (Elite Shadow Arts, Factions), with Shadow Arts at 16 and a weapon (normally a staff that has a +5 energy Insightful staff head, an 'Have Faith' inscription and a 20% longer enchantment wrapping) the player would cast Glyph of Swiftness, Deadly Paradox and then Shadow Form, that way Shadow Form will recharge before it runs out and thus you can rinse and repeat and keep that on you permanently.

Unfortunately with the emergence of the Perma Sins the popularity of a warrior tank has gone down significantly, but there are still places where they are needed, places such as The Deep where a team with 3 warriors is the standard way of getting through.

The alliance do elite missions/areas on almost a weekly basis and usually the runs are posted under the Activities section with the professions and the builds needed, in fact right now I believe someone has posted a run for Slaver's Exile and they are still looking for a warrior with I believe an Obsidian tank set up, if you are interested do go take a look and sign up for the run.

Hope I covered all your questions, feel free to post again if you got anything else or just shoot me a whisper in game, my main char's ign is Darian Henkerson.
Darian
Darian
Level 50

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Flipkid Uk Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:51 am

Darian wrote:The build is really just consist of 3 skills, Glyph of Swiftness (air magic, eye of the north, Gunnar's Hold), Deadly Paradox (Deadly Arts, Nightfall, Kamadan) and Shadow Form (Elite Shadow Arts, Factions),

Don't mean to confuse you even more, but there are 2 other ways of doing it. I wont go into much detail unless you'd like us to. One involves have secondary as mesmer, and may look something like this:

[build name="A_Me Perma" prof=Assassin/Mesmer desc="Weapon #1: Insightfull Staff of Enchanting{br}" ShadowArts=12+1+3 InspirationMagic=12 DeadlyArts=3 ][Deadly Paradox][Arcane Echo][Shadow Form][Spirit of Failure][Channeling][Ether Nightmare][Cry of Pain][Radiation Field][/build]

Most people in the guild have a fair knowledge of Perma'ing, so just ask if you want anymore help.
Flipkid Uk
Flipkid Uk
Level 5

Male
Guild : DPW
Number of posts : 59
City : England
Hobbies : Badminton, Music
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by danyp1 Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:23 am

OK, thx on 2 counts, I have seen build codes posted here but this is the first time I have seen the GWBBcode used here, nice to know it is available. I am working my sin thru Factions now and am stalled at Emeralds , but thats another story.

So is perma mostly a tanking build with little damage giving. I did UW a couple adays ago and followed 2 permas around with a team. I was one of 2 nukers. They seemed to be able to indefinely hold a mob but unable to kill anything. We finished, which was a first for me, in just over 3 hours, so the build obviously works.

THx for the info guys.
danyp1
danyp1
Level 3

Male
Guild : Nubz
Number of posts : 34
City : Richmond Virginia
Hobbies : Gardening, computers
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Flipkid Uk Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:52 pm

Well, that build i posted before is a degen build. Its usefull for certain areas only. I use it in ToPK where it works really well.

As for the underworld, it can be good but only in certain areas again. I know in the Ice Wastes (in UW) you use a A_E build and silver armour, to quickly get rid of big groups.

There are multiple other build also used in UWSC that involve using a Perma modded scythe and melee skills, although i am not the one to talk to about that.

If you need any more info, again just ask.
Flipkid Uk
Flipkid Uk
Level 5

Male
Guild : DPW
Number of posts : 59
City : England
Hobbies : Badminton, Music
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:19 pm

Yeah perma can do tanking and no damage but for damage dealing the most common cases are a Mesmer degen build or a build using sliver armor and some damge buff skills. Then there are some others that are unique to dungeon running that are damage dealing but use eye of the north skills.
Logan
Logan
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1021
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down