Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HA READ IF INTERESTED

5 posters

Go down

HA READ IF INTERESTED Empty HA READ IF INTERESTED

Post by elexas Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:45 pm

Hey guys, Celivia here. Lately I've noticed that there have been quite a few people interested in trying out the PvP side of Guild Wars. As a former PvPer, this pleases me to hear. I'm willing to show people who haven't tried PvPing before the exhilarating, captivating, and defiantly refreshing ways of PvP. Let me go through a few things before we get to the good stuff.

[/i]Hero's Ascent[/i]
Hero's Ascent (or also known as HA) is a massive obstacle PvP course where you and seven other people take their skills to the test to claim the hall of heroes. There are various different sections from something as simple as kill the other team, to something as complex as capping shrines while keeping the ghostly hero alive.

Most "Hall Holders" make a core build and keep using that build until they're good enough to win Halls over and over again. Usually hall holding teams run something that involves pressure. Some of the older common pressure builds are: Iway (5 axe warriors, one spirit spamming ranger, and 2 back line healers), Sway (spirit way) (3 Ranger/hammer warriors with a pet, 2 fire eles, 1 rit buffer, and 2 back line rit healers), and Balanced (Dual warriors, dual eles, dual mesmers, and dual monk back line).

There are also another kinds of builds which are known as spikes. (Spike meaning sync targeting someone and hitting said target all at once). Some of the older spike builds are: Contagion Way (6 Contagion necro/assassins and two back line healers), SF spike (6 eles with Searing Flames and 2 monk back line), Ranger spike (3 rangers, a rit buffer, a paragon, a ranger spirit spammer, and 2 (sometimes 3) monk back line), Para-spike (6 paragons and 2 back line healers), and rit spike (6 rit spikes and 2 rit healers).

As you probably already expected, spikes are a little bit more challenging to run than pressure builds. A "caller" is required to successfully run a spike build. That's why ventrilo is so high in demand on Guild Wars. Pressure builds do exactly what the name says, pressures a target with no coordination of skills until target dies. So no callers are needed if there isn't going to be an actual sync of attacks. However, with balanced, you can either pressure OR spike; that's why its known as balanced (also the fact that every class is in pairs =p).

Remember how I said that HA is like an obstacle course? Well, the order of those certain obstacles are as follow. The first two challenges is basically kill the other team. The only difference is that the other team has a priest that can Resurrect the other fallen team.

The third one is also kill the other party, but you have to also cap a shrine with a flag and kill a priest. The fourth one is known as "relic run" this is where you take the best defensive player (usually someone with self running skills and buffs) and you cap shrines while keeping your ghostly hero alive. You also have to come up with ways to stopping the other team from running their relics. The three best ways to do that is snare them, slow them down, or body block them.

The fifth one is basically like conquest, you have to cap certain locations on the map before the other team. The 6th one is basically conquest but with a priest, the 7th one is known as the "golden gates" and basically you have to defeat the other team while killing their priest.

Then, the last one is The Hall of Heroes! There are, I think, three different versions of Hall of Heroes. The first one is KotH (King of the Hill). This is where you have to take your ghostly hero and cap the middle shrine and maintain it for a certain amount of time. The other two is basically relic cap or cap different shrines throughout the map. Only difference is, its 1v1v1 instead of 1v1. SO there's three teams going against each other.

Don't gawk over the challenges, most of them you skip now-a-days because there's not as many people playing Guild Wars as there use to be. The max amount of challenges people do is usually four out of the eight total.

Well, that's about all the boring stuff there is about HA. I personally need to look into what works now-a-days but I have a couple of builds I want to try out sometime. So if you're interested, just post on this topic or send a private message to Celivia Kyousei. Alright everyone, until further notice, this has been Celivia giving you more information here on "Player Vs. Player". Hope to get a group rolling soon =) laterz.
elexas
elexas
Level 2

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 20
City : Indianapolis
Hobbies : Writing, Reading, Running, Gaming, Learning
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

HA READ IF INTERESTED Empty Re: HA READ IF INTERESTED

Post by vendt Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:56 am

While I've never played around in HA, I'd be interested in bringing an ele in. Just lemme know what skills I need (ping me in-game)

<3

[J E N D T is my PvE/PvP Ele... but my PvP is S M I T T E N]
vendt
vendt
Level 31

Female
Guild : [AoL]
Number of posts : 316
City : Oklahoma - United States
Hobbies : hunting red dots
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Divina Lydia Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:18 am

Alright. I have Played HA. Not hardcorely tho. Never really found it that Interesting. I have only one once in the HAll with some old friends but they now have vanished form GW. But anyway, i am Very interested in this and i mean VERY! let me know. IGN is Divina Lydia

Divina Lydia
Level 15

Male
Guild : [RAiD]
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Revenge of Divinity Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:22 am

ive done ha before, but i cant garantee times ill be on my work schedule changes alot, but i would like to have at least 1 pvp title on my ranger if possible Smile
Revenge of Divinity
Revenge of Divinity
Level 23

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 232
City : Tulsa, OK USA
Hobbies : reading,biking,guild wars
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by elexas Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:18 am

Alright, I've been Haing for a sum of three days I've decided which builds are still around to this day. There are two different versions of this bar. I'll label what is needed below...

RANGER SPIKE:
R/Me
Dual Shot
Punishing Shot
Read The Wind
Savage Shot
Drain Enchantment
Whirling Defense
A Spirit Either Frozen Soil, Favorable Winds
Rez Signet

-----------------------------------------------------------------

R/E
Read the Wind
Dual Shot
Punishing Shot
Savage Shot
Ward Agianst Foes
Whirling Defense
Spirit Frozen Soil, Favourable Winds
Rez Sig

----------------------------------------------------------------
R/W
Read The Wind
Dual Shot
Punishing Shot
Savage Shot
Shields Up!
Whirling Defense
Spirit Frozen Soil ,Favourable Winds
Rez Sig

N/Mo
Healing Seed
Vamperic Gaze
Order of Pain
Martyr (Elite Monk)
Heal Party
Heal Other
Convert Hexes
Rez Sig

Bonder Monk

Bless Signet
Vital Blessing
Life Bond
Mantra of inscrïptions (elite Mesmer)
Aegis
Protective Spirit
Purge conditions/Remove hex
Rez Sig

Sb/Infused
Infuse Health
Spell Breaker ( negotiable ) Monk Elite
Healing Touch
Orison of healing
Rez Sig
2 other healing spells

Woh Monk
Word of Healing (monk elite)
Heal party
Healing breeze
heal other
Dwayna's Kiss
Orison of healing
One other monk spell
Rez Sig

* 3 Rangers Ranger:

Forked Arrow Savage Shot Dual Shot Lightning Reflexes Pin Down Distracting Shot Glass Arrows Ward Against Foes

Forked Arrow Savage Shot Dual Shot Lightning Reflexes Favorable Winds Rigor Mortis Glass Arrows Resurrection Signet

Forked Arrow Savage Shot Dual Shot Lightning Reflexes Favorable Winds Hex Breaker Glass Arrows Resurrection Signet

* 1 Shout Paragon Paragon/Necromancer:

Chest Thumper "Go for the Eyes!" Pain of Disenchantment "Fall Back!" "Make Haste!" Song of Concentration Anthem of Envy Signet of Return

* 1 Weapons/Snare Ritualist/Elementalist:

Brutal Weapon Sundering Weapon Vital Weapon optional Grasping Earth Ward Against Foes Glyph of Lesser Energy Death Pact Signet

* 3 Monks Monk/Mesmer:

Orison of Healing Draw Conditions Dwayna's Kiss Heal Party Hex Breaker Healer's Boon Deny Hexes Channeling

Spirit Bond Reversal of Fortune Restore Condition Guardian Shield of Absorption Aura of Stability Holy Veil Channeling

Infuse Health Patient Spirit Dwayna's Kiss Heal Party Power Drain Healer's Boon Cure Hex Channeling

Both the punishing shot build and the glass arrows build can be moded to deal more damage, but for the most part this is what is needed for both of these to work. For the most part anyway. (The glass arrows works a little bit better than the punishing shot one though in my opinion.)
elexas
elexas
Level 2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyris Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:07 am

Actually R-Spike is:

[Glass Arrows][Forked Arrow][Savage Shot][Dual Shot][Lightning Reflexes][Optional][Optional][Resurrection Signet]

Usage: Caller calls for "Glass up"/"Favourable up" if its down. 3,2,1 Forked -> Savage. Use Dual-> Savage if you are hexed are enchanted. Lightning reflexes can be used on spikes but tbh I find it more effective to use it as a block if im getting spiked. This basiacally means your spikers should almost never die unless you get cleanspiked or your monks start dieing...

For optional we tend to use this:

Ranger 1 runs [Hex Breaker][Favourable Winds] (Caller)
Ranger 2 runs [Distracting Shot][Favourable Winds]
Ranger 3 Runs [Grasping Earth][Ward Against Foes]

Also we tend to use a paragon with [Chest Thumper] for DW on spikes. And a Ritualist who uses [Brutal Weapon] on the rangers [Sundering Weapon] on the para and [Vital Weapon] on everyone else. It can be somewhat tricky to get the Rit and the para to co-ordinate properly on spikes though.
Tyris
Tyris
Level 11

Male
Guild : -
Number of posts : 115
City : UK
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by elexas Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:06 pm

I was also going to switch one of the bow attack skills to Sloth Hunter's Shot..
elexas
elexas
Level 2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Divina Lydia Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:41 pm

Sloth is too slow. but hey if it works it works.

Anyway. Spike teams are very easy to play. Let me knwo when we are rdy to run balanced.

Divina Lydia
Level 15

Male
Guild : [RAiD]
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down