Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon request

Go down

Upon request Empty Upon request

Post by Akroma Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:27 pm

First of all, dont forget to check in once in a while. Let people know how things are doing.

One of the leaders asked that I post this sort of info for all to view. A while back, I decided to hold a special meeting for the [AoL] guild, with the intent to really liven things up. I'm sure as you all know, guilds could use something to refresh themselves once in a while.

Put in your guild announcement that you're going to have a guild get together/meeting on a certain day and time. Obviously you should try to make it for when the majority of ppl can attend. Interview your guild members indiviudally, as well as address the topics aloud in the guild chat. Your goal is to survey your guild as a whole. Where your strengths and weaknesses are. After all, we are all here to help ensure that our group of friends is having the best time possible, and that we are guiding them along the way. It is rather unfair that we have to pick up such responsibility in a game, but its true.

Ask them questions to find out what they are into and what they would be interested in doing/have yet to do in guild groups such as DoA and Urgoz.

I did this so long ago, that I had to pull up the post in the hidden [AoL]-only section of the website. The following is the actual post I left from after that meeting. I'll also add notes in brackets from today.

"Biggest guild meeting in [AoL] history"

Ok, I swung for the fences on this one. For all those that were not in attendance; we had 26 people attend and fully attentive for 1 1/2 hours. Here is the contents and results of the meeting. (most of this was written prior, and I'll add it afterwards)

Please hold your comments, questions, etc. until the end so that I can cover as much ground as I can in a short period of time.
There is usually a dead silence during guild meetings, and I have to practically force ppl to talk. So please speak up, but only after I’m done.
Everybody wants a good, happy/healthy guild. AoL has been around since ‘06 and has stood strong and accomplished a lot the entire time.
The new generation has missed out, and it is time that they experience what the majority of us have in the past.
We will be coming up to our three year anniversary next month (past the anni already), hopefully we’ll have a big party; I’m not sure on any details yet, but its in the works.
I know that I have caught many ppls interests and have inquired what the meeting is about.
I know some rumors have been floating around regarding this meeting about me possibly retiring. Get a grip, I’m not going anywhere.
The fact of the matter is, I plan to take AoL to new heights. Not so much light a fire under the guilds ass, but instead the mother of all bonfires. One that Balthazar would be proud of.
To really get things cooking unlike ever before, I want feedback in regards to a two week rule in AoL. Perhaps 1-2 recruits mandatory for officers. Should we do away with vent?
There is NO reason why we cant cram this roster full of the best players and people out there. (if you dont plan on filling your guild and maintaining a good status, you're in the wrong alliance) I spend an awful lot of time teaching the alliance leaders and their officers and yet to find out the key to putting them on the same page as us. (feel like I'm repeating myself now, but being redundant is good)
Since being an alliance leader is a full time job, I need the help of officers. It is unfair to most of you that do not get a chance to party with me. (you have top notch ppl in each of your guilds, have them lend a helping hand)
The more people that I have to help share part of the load, the easier it is for me to enjoy the game as well as get out there and party with you all.
Everybody wants something for nothing, but nobody wants to get out there and do the hard work.
I would like to whisper each of the members to get as many opinions as I can.

I did a personal survey of everybody online. Asked them very basic questions.

Whats the best/worst thing about [AoL]?
What would you do if you were in my shoes?
Do you use the website? Do you use vent or should we get rid of it? the [AoL]-only section? do you notice the guild announcement?
What interests do you have in the Guild Wars? What have you yet to do? Or spend a lot of time on?
Would you like to do DoA, Urgoz, etc?
Who do you feel should be promoted or demoted? Why?
Who do you party with in the guild? Who do you know?
Do you feel there should be a 2 week kicking rule?
How would you rate [AoL] 1-10?

Every single person responded and was attentive. I plan to use this for the rest of the alliance and their benefit as well. We have found out where our strengths and weaknesses lie because of it. In the end, it will result in an ever better gaming guild and alliance for us to enjoy.

I'm sure this post was excessively long, but it is well worth the effort if you give a #@$%& about GW and this alliance.
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down