Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FoWsc

+7
Saint Alex
Roxy
Altair
genjonah
ll Gods Blargh ll
vendt
Captain Morgahn
11 posters

Go down

FoWsc Empty FoWsc

Post by Captain Morgahn Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Hello. I have a suggestion that might seem a little late considering some of this is already going on, but I think we can get more of the alliance involved. Just like it was suggested about two months ago to start teaching SoOsc, I think we should start teaching FoWsc. I know plenty of people have been taught and the alliance is doing at least a couple FoWsc's a day, but from my stand point it is mainly the same few people doing them. To encourage more participlation in FoWsc I think we should put it up on the forums (which I'm trying to solve now) and allow people who have never done a run to join in. Since SoOsc was such a success with the alliance, FoWsc seems like an obvious follow up for a few reasons.

First - While SoOsc easily allowed multiple people to participate, you had to have a perma to do the run. Since most people have a perma these days this isn't such a big problem, but FoWsc will allow those who don't have a sin to party up for a speed clear. Also, some of the builds for FoWsc are just as easy for beginners to learn as the SoOsc builds.

Second - FoWsc is slightly cheaper (~8k for a full set of cons) than SoOsc (~9-10k for three BUs).

Third - FUN! FoWsc allows you to kill many more mobs than SoOsc, which to me seems like fun. Of course this means more drops and generally more money. In my opinion, the end chest is also better in FoW than in SoO.

I'm no expert on FoW so I won't go into exact details of the run, but basically there are two sins who split from the group and the rest of the group stays together for the majority of the run to kill mobs. The main group consists of two Hundred Blades Warriors, one perma tank, one MoP necro, one SoS rit, and a UA monk. The whole run takes ~25 minutes.

For more details on the exact builds see http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Build:Team_-_FoW_Manly_Spike

One note on the Ritualist build: I think the alliance generally uses YMLaD, Technobable, and Bloodsong for the optional skill slots. (Someone please correct me if that's wrong)

I would recommend the 100b warriors to anyone who is new to FoWsc, but the UA monk also doesn't seem that challenging. I think there are a few complications with the ritualist's job, but it shouldn't be too difficult for beginners either. If you are interested, the first thing you should do is make sure you have the skills for at least one of these builds.

Please let me know what you think of the idea to include more of the alliance in these runs, and if you have any comments, questions, or corrections feel free to post those here also.

Last edited by Captain Morgahn on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Captain Morgahn
Captain Morgahn
Level 13

Guild : iE
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

FoWsc Empty Re: FoWsc

Post by vendt Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:02 pm

I like the idea, and once I get technobabble on my warrior I might try one of the hundred blades spots. (: I've been wanting to learn that SC.
vendt
vendt
Level 31

Female
Guild : [AoL]
Number of posts : 316
City : Oklahoma - United States
Hobbies : hunting red dots
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Morgahn Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:06 pm

For the warrior you don't need Technobabble but you do need Air of Superiority. Unfortunately it requires you to do all of the Facet quests before it gives you the quest for that skill. If you want company on any of the Facet quests I still have quite a few characters that need to do them Smile

One thing I forgot... If you have never done FoWsc but want to learn, please post so we will know that people are interested.
Captain Morgahn
Captain Morgahn
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by vendt Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:19 pm

Yeah, that's the one I was talking about. Why'd I say Technobabble? Idk. ANYHOW.

But yeah, I've been through before, but never on a speedclear. I'm assuming it's different.
vendt
vendt
Level 31

Female
Guild : [AoL]
Number of posts : 316
City : Oklahoma - United States
Hobbies : hunting red dots
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ll Gods Blargh ll Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:20 pm

Lets do it :]
I call UA monk xD
ll Gods Blargh ll
ll Gods Blargh ll
Level 15

Male
Guild : RAiD
Number of posts : 157
City : Toronto
Hobbies : Sports :) meeting new people :]
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by genjonah Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:23 pm

i'll learn perma or rit part, i love FOW

genjonah
Level 2

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by genjonah Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:25 pm

preferably main tank but ill try to learn the other 2 if needed

genjonah
Level 2

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:56 pm

i can do t1, t2, UA, EoE, MoP, and if i need to i know the main way for MT (Just havent done it officially ^^). just cant do 100b unless i use my sin lol. if you need one of these spots when im on just hit me up
Altair
Altair
Level 24

Male
Guild : Guild With No [NAME]
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxy Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:22 pm

i can do every spot. and im always on lol so just send a pm with watever spots u need to fill
Roxy
Roxy
Level 7

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Alex Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:38 pm

i'm 99% sure i have all the skills for 100b war, i might need to buy "to the limit" Smile. i used to use a similar build in general PvE. 2 Q's tho: is vent required and does anyone have a zealous sword mod? Razz

Saint Alex
Level 9

Male
Guild : NoNe
Number of posts : 96
City : Carlisle
Hobbies : Breaking/Fixing my PC, Sport, PC/Console games
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Morgahn Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:59 pm

If you are new to FoW or even to FoWsc, then doing the run without vent could be quite difficult. I would recommend getting vent since it is free and incredibly useful for all areas of GW, but it would be up to the group whether or not they would let you in without it. And sorry I don't have a zealous mod, but I'll save one if I get it.
Captain Morgahn
Captain Morgahn
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Alex Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:04 pm

I have the sword mod now, but thanks all the same. I can use vent, i just usually don't cos everyone is in bed when i go online Sad. I have finished FoW without vent previously tho so i'm not a total noob at it Very Happy

Saint Alex
Level 9

Male
Guild : NoNe
Number of posts : 96
City : Carlisle
Hobbies : Breaking/Fixing my PC, Sport, PC/Console games
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Darian Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:58 am

Just hop on ventrilo guys, this run is being done on a daily/hourly basis now, here are some caps of our FoWSC GnomeWay run.

FoWsc Gw22910

FoWsc Gw23010
Darian
Darian
Level 50

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:28 am

I'm the awesome one on the bottom left. cheers

(>O.O)> Oh look, Dam's shield!
Frost
Frost
Level 9

Female
Number of posts : 93
City : B-Town
Hobbies : movies, music, writing, reading, gaming, cars, CFL/NFL, HOCKEY, a lot of fun stuff!
Registration date : 2009-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevejavson Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:55 pm

I'm the only one without a shield D:
Stevejavson
Stevejavson
Level 70

Male
Number of posts : 715
City : Where the grass is green and the girls are moderately attractive
Hobbies : Making people uncomfortable
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dam Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:34 am

haha very nice shield len.. even though no one can really tell who you are... and steve you needs a shield damnit! xD
Dam
Dam
Level 60

Male
Number of posts : 646
City : Albuequerque, NM
Hobbies : Guild wars, Comedy, Books, art.
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down