Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some things to mull over

4 posters

Go down

Some things to mull over Empty Some things to mull over

Post by Vogo Agogo Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:20 am

The firs thing on the agenda to talk about is, are we going to stay in this alliance or move to one of our choice. People have seen that some guilds that have been in the alliance were not active and after a while they had to go. From my experience in the EoD alliance, this one seems very simmilar, a couple of large guilds and many small ones.

You will all have had different experiences, but from my own, I have only seen 3 guild leaders ever build up a guild to a large one in a reasonable time: Master Oria, Komma and myself. All have been in large and small guilds, I can only speak from my own experience.

The main point in question is a lack of alliance chat. At this time AoL is prolly the largest guild in the alliance and it seems to me at my time zone we have about 10% of the guild on line at one time ( Sunday nites are when most ppl play). Even with a large guild like we have there is a lot of times where guild chat is not very active, ppl are doing quests and mish, that is what most of us are doing also.

I am for moving the guild if it is to a alliance where there would be a signifigant improvement, like if it is a close to full alliance with more than two large guilds. If its to a place where we would see a big change than it has to be done, but if we are going to just go from one alliance like the one we are in to another, than thats something we might have to ask ourselves if we want.

A new guild was added to the alliance tonight, if we do want to move..I would like to have a grace period where we can stay for period of time to make sure we are doing what we want to do. Whenever I want to buy something expencive I always make myself think about it for a week before i buy it.

The othe thing is getting ppl to register on the forum. I am going to have a draw for a green and put that in the guild announcements. If ppl dont want to have a chance for a free green than we will know if the forum is for the officers or for everyone.

Everyone respond to this and tell us what what you think. It is the experience of the group that we need here.

A officers meeting will be soon, after i see some of the responces to this post.

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male
Number of posts : 179
City : London Canada
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Some things to mull over Empty Re: Some things to mull over

Post by neoteo Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:43 pm

about the allience : when i talked to lady z and ask her why she left , she apologized for leaving that way and said that the officers in her previus guild cryed for her to come back. and then i asked her if her guild was in a allience , and she said yes , they are 8 guilds , she said also that they were layed back , meaning dont ask for faction or stuff like it.
i see this allinece just as one possible place to go. also as i said vogo ingame , i would like to stay near komma guild if they want to move to another allience with us.

but i also think that komma should try and keep adding guilds to the allience , mmos are always like this , people stop playing for manuy reasons , guilds fade way ... its hard to control anything allience wide , we dont have a allience roster. anyway i think adding guilds till the allience is full 10 guilds , and then when another wants to join , kick the most incative one and add the new one , keep it fresh.

also , the same way big guilds require guild events , meetings etc , same goes for alliences imo , big alliences require meetings and allience events.

the way i see it , officers , leaders and allience leaders , are non combat professions.

its hard to combine playing the game and dealing with officer , leader and allience leader tasks. becose we want to do both.

anyway , i was in alot of guilds before joining TDL and EOD , and now i dont want to jump from guild to guild again , but there is one thing we can do that is jump from allience to allience , and we can also make our own allience.

making our own allience at this point might be too much we are still organizing our own guild.

but for me i dont see any problem with jumping alliences , if the goal is to find a more active one.

but also i dont have anything to complain about this allience , the only problem is really not being very active and losing guilds.

maybe a word to komma can fix things , i have a feeling he lost some hope on the allience thingy as a whole , i think he needs help.

about the forum , giving a reward for those that join and post might be a good idea.

not just register but at least make one post.
and the member gets 1 k or something.

i tryed to make people come to the forum with the gvg thingy , but didnt work , maybe it was not long enoth .. anyway , its not as good idea as a reward. gold or item.
i think gold is the best , for new players 1k is a lot.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices

Back to top Go down

Post by yosei Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:42 pm

In my opinion i think Komma's had alot of time to make a nice sturdy alliance, sure there are times when one or two guilds might become inactive due to whatever reasons but i think we've given Komma more than enough time to make a nice guild alliance that is ACTIVE.
Also on the whole green draw thing i think thats a great idea since the gvg thing wasn't getting much attention.

yosei
Level 6

Male
Number of posts : 64
City : canada
Hobbies : none
Registration date : 2006-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:17 am

As I have said to the officers that were online tonight, I want to keep this discussion just within the realm of the AOL offiers. For now, untill we formulate what we are going to do, gossip and loose talk wil hurt us to a large degree.

I imagine by Sunday we will have a idea of what we are going to do, and on Sunday night i would like to have a officers meeting. Neo if you cant do it in the evening EST than tell us when and we will have the meeting when you can be online.

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:02 am

thats early morning monday for me i think i can
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices

Back to top Go down

Post by Bran Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:23 pm

The alliance chat was greatly improved last evening. I also noted that there was some PvP activity, which would lead to GvG. I have noticed some interest in that activity but we are still lacking a sufficient number online at any time to make it happen.

The purpose of the alliance should be closely matched to the overall goals of the guild. We still have not done any work on the guild requirements, so I suggest we work on this to see what goals we wish to acheive as a guild. Then the whole alliance issue should come into better focus.

Reviewing Neo's comments on Lady Z, I am not sure I can discern the core reason for her leaving. We need to really research these situations so that we can retain good people in the guild. Is the alliance the issue or is it some other factor?

I am opposed to offering a bounty for signing up for the forum. Paying people to sign up really accomplishes nothing. There has to be a desire for this forum, it cannot be forced. However, if events occur that people miss, we can explain that the event was scheduled through the forum. Vogos green giveaway is a perfect place to start.

Another possible idea for improved forum attendance would be structured assistance by officers in quests and missions. My suggestion is that members need to post these requests in forum for us to schedule. No more dropping everything on request. This should also eliminate guild chat spamming or whining as it relates to this issue.

I can be available Sunday evening for a meeting. Any idea of a time?
Bran
Bran
Level 2

Number of posts : 25
City : Everett, WA USA

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:01 pm

A meeting will be held at or about 7:30 PM EST. We can adjust the time to accomadate ppl that want to attend.

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down