Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious Question about the alliance "price"

5 posters

Go down

Serious Question about the alliance "price" Empty Serious Question about the alliance "price"

Post by Silvus Silverfox Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:43 pm

Just today a few minutes back i saw a guy frustrated by the fact that people in the alliance were not buying this item just because it wasn't "discounted". Normally i would be a hypocrite by sayin this but i feel we shouldn't ask for a discount whenever we are planning on buying something it kind of well....i can't explain my feelings but view this situation by both parties (the seller and the buyer). Then you will realize what i mean. All i am sayin is we make it fair by not adding this whole alliance price. You are free to leave any comments and i wont be offeneded by anything you say (since i had no part in this:evil:). If we decide something on not having an alliance "price" i will reedit some of my posts.
Silvus Silverfox
Silvus Silverfox
Level 37

Male
Guild : BOOM
Number of posts : 378
Hobbies : Music piano/guiar/bass/singng playing gw! reading!
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Serious Question about the alliance "price" Empty Re: Serious Question about the alliance "price"

Post by Markus Clouser Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:34 am

I wasn't present when this happened, but even so I would say that asking for an ally discount isn't a problem. In fact, the seller should always make a discount for alliance / guild.

I've been in many, many alliances and everywhere I went this practice isn't frowned upon. The general idea of an alliance is that you help your allies, in this particular case, you don't rip them off.

On the extreme, asking a 20e discount or smth like that is obviously not the way to go Razz
Markus Clouser
Markus Clouser
Level 8

Male
Guild : [ema]
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Serious Question about the alliance "price" Empty Re: Serious Question about the alliance "price"

Post by Logan Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:00 pm

Well. The way we've handles this in the past has been to not expect a discount. A discount is a nice little gesture but it isn't a requirement.
Logan
Logan
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1021
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvus Silverfox Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:51 pm

Logan wrote:Well. The way we've handles this in the past has been to not expect a discount. A discount is a nice little gesture but it isn't a requirement.
I agree with you its a simple gesture not a requirement. Some ppl are unwilling to buy from ally memeber just because they want a discount on everything. Everything is not the way to go. Hopefully we can implement a better ethic among the buyers in the alliance.
Silvus Silverfox
Silvus Silverfox
Level 37

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:13 pm

My opinions & experiences:

Discount is free will agreement up to the traders to decide, and kind behavior in trading.

I do always have this phrase: Alliance discount in my mind when trading with allies, and guildies. But I dont push it, sometimes players might be in need in money and sometimes not, but just wanna give a good item a good use, instead of it taking space in storage/inv.

I do understand both sides here too that some wish to be very precise in this. But for example setting a static discount % in alliance trading, might courage members to abuse their status of being allies to get good items cheaper (and keep selling forward with big profit).

It is silly to ask extreme high prices from your buddies anyway but demanding for a discount from alliance mate is also ripping off in a way.

The ideal moment is when both come towards each other in this..Both helping each other. I believe its called compromise? Hehe..An important but still quite often forgotten thing that solves many problematic situations.

Theres always a golden line somewhere...or at least should be!
sunny
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heroes
Number of posts : 441
City : Finland
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Ets Stuff :D
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Yeah I never ask a price unless it's a super rare item. Usually I just say give me how much you want and I'll take it. I mean if it's like 1g I'll be kinda peeved cuz it's a dick move but I really don't care how much they want to buy or sell for.
Logan
Logan
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Akroma Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:05 pm

I think Logan summed up what i was going to post.
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:06 pm

I try
Logan
Logan
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvus Silverfox Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:26 pm

Haha u do logan Smile i used to expect it but i have changed my way Smile i give discounts but i can't go around asking ppl to do the same. The seller can should sell at his price and its his choice. i hate ppl who go around saying give it to me in an "alliance price". I think Logan/me/Mythical were all on at the time when something like this happened. We should just try and stop people from DEMANDING alliance prices (making it strictly upon the seller to sell as he or she wishes provided she doesn't rip em off)
Silvus Silverfox
Silvus Silverfox
Level 37

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down