Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drops distribution

+2
Dan Obsidian
Yuri Mortenzen
6 posters

Go down

Drops distribution Empty Drops distribution

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:00 am

Hey all,

I've tried to be online more than I usually am the past week-end. I've had the chance to party with some of you + others from the Alliance... Thanks for the fun runs Smile

Anyway, at some point in one of those runs, an officer mentioned there was a 3 gold/lock-pick drop cap per player (excluding chests)... Meaning if one gets 4 and others get less, that first person has to share with the less fortunate ones.

So first thing I'd like to know is if this is a well-known fact in the guild/alliance. I wasn't aware of it until that day and I'm pretty sure other members do not know this.

Second thing is I'm all in favor of fairness... I've given up some zodiac staves in the past just because they were Ritualists' Req'ed and I had no use for it and thought it could be nice for a player who participated in the run to have it... I'd honestly rather have that and make a guildie happy than selling it to some strangers and become rich Smile ...

But my point is, if we are going to do this, we can't consider all drops equal... Like if a player gets 3 shit drops and his 4th is an obsidian edge, it's hard to tell him/her that he/she has to give up that drop.

Then we have to decide WHO gets it... The one with less drops? The one who'd actually USE it? The most active player of the lot? (would hate to give it to someone who's never online or who'd be leaving the guild soon after) The one who's down in mood and needs to cheer up? The one who's been giving you foot massages for the past 3 months expecting that moment to happen? Or do we put it up for auction and share the plats equally?

Another thing is some parties are done without officers... Which means we'd probably receive a few complaints if there's a rule in place and someone happens to not follow it. And even there's an officer present, drops are randomly assigned and if someone decides to keep it there's nothing you can do besides kicking that player out of the guild or demoting him/her...

SOooOOooOo yeah... That's about it... Just let me know if such a system exists and is being followed and how it is usually applied. I think anyone in their correct mind would not mind sharing (like what good a sword is to a ranger?) but there's a bunch of greedy people out there Smile
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Drops distribution Empty Re: Drops distribution

Post by Dan Obsidian Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:36 am

I've never heard of such a rule, nor have ever seen it applied (anywhere for that matter). At best, some teams would share ecto's/shards after a UW/FoW run and even then it's exceptional.

Dan Obsidian
Level 50

Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:14 am

O.o sounds sooo familiar that I think Yuri this is because of the team you and I were in together and you joined on vent, but the only problem is it's no HEALS after three not you share your drops after three Smile. As you'll remember that was actually asked on vent (was it by you or by Captn?) about what if you drop #4 and higher but the answer was it still didn't change a thing because the lucky person is a haxxor and Aenet loves them better so Aenet can keep them healed.

Of course the no heals for you has never been serious (unless you're Ratche as there IS a clause in the Monks Handbook that says we don't have to heal Ele's wearing corsets on days that end in "Y") but it is a fun and involving way to make the team vent convo lively as we're all counting drops while wishing congrats.

Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:46 am

Alright... Honestly I didn't remember where and when I heard it but I must have missed that "no healing" part otherwise I'd have known it was a joke Smile It sometimes gets busy on vent and one person talks over another and you don't get to hear the complete sentence...

Thanks for clarifying!
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberlyn Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:55 am

wow ... I was reading this and thinking .... Someone his pulling his leg ... =P
Amberlyn
Amberlyn
Light

Female
Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:11 am

Well, it was common to have some loot assignment system in WoW so I thought why not in GW as well... But I only understood half the statement Smile
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:02 pm

I'm not sure where this started, (Like everything bad it was probably from Kiera) but it's really just a joke. We always gripe at the person who gets the most drops, but it's good natured ribbing.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberlyn Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:14 pm

Except when Ki gets them ... then we look for the pitch forks and ... go huntin her =)
Amberlyn
Amberlyn
Light

Female
Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:53 pm

*grins* and people wonder why I run in front of teams? It's for escape purposes only!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by donnilee Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:16 am

Who are you trying to kid, Kiera? *grins*
donnilee
donnilee
Level 80

Female
Number of posts : 814
City : Waterbury, CT
Hobbies : Writing fanfiction for XF, Gaming
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:24 am

*winks* anyone that will buy into whatever I'm selling, in this case the reason why I aggro Very Happy
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content