Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mighty Bugle #37

+7
Amberlyn
Dijabouti Jiggle
Kiera
Stevejavson
Force of the divine
Altimus
pendragon
11 posters

Go down

The Mighty Bugle  #37  Empty The Mighty Bugle #37

Post by pendragon Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:00 am

THE MIGHTY BUGLE
Issue #37

George is busy with his schoolwork so I asked if I could take a crack at it. This is the Bugle, Pendragon Style!

The days are growing shorter, and colder, and our young Krtyans and Elonian friends are getting ready for another visit from “Old Pumpkin Pie Head” Mad King Thorn. Can you smell it, the sweet smell of candy corn, candy apples, and Witch’s Brew fills the air. That’s right, time to get your TOTS!!

Dateline September 16, Akroma launches Rotational Ally Events!!
What a wonderful idea!! The concept is simple, each ally takes a turn at organizing fun and mayhem across alliance lines for a weekend at a time. Akroma launched the series with AOL leading party goers into the Domain of Anguish. Many are now poised to face monkey-boy Mallyx.

***And now for something completely different
The Mighty Bugle  #37  Monty_10

**Party Opportunities** Party?!? Did someone say party?

Dan Obsidian of AOL loves leading groups through HM Dungeons for you day players. He usually launches at 2p EST and only asks that you have a build as good as if not better than the henchie you would replace. Hit him up if interested.

Title Hunting Season has opened, make sure you get your permit to kill them there critters, and several members across this great alliance need help and would love to see you get your titles as well. Make sure to post on the Activity Forum what title you are after, and see who is chomping at the bit to help you!

Speaking of events, there was a great weekend Party hosted by HEH complete with VQ Trains, Nekkid Flare Fights, and their Screen Cap Contest.... they did a fantastic job with this weekend and put so much effort into it, marred only slightly by SOME who unfortunately thought those extra skills, armor or weapons wouldn't be noticed by anyone in the Fights (hey... bunch of people naked... kinna obvious if something is sticking out dontcha think? ^.^ .... just saying.....) Reminder each Guild is hosting a Party-Weekend, up next is iE and so on down the Guild-List. Second rotation will include DR as we figure let them get their feet wet first with us before tossing into the fire!

I had the chance the other night to jump in with a group of Liars for Oola’s. It was my first party opportunity with them, and he had a blast. REACH OUT AND JOIN YOUR ALLIES!! **Reach out, reach out and touch someone…. I should been on American Idol, Simon woulda loved me!!

**and now for more completely different stuff
STRANGE NEWS HEADLINES
RED BLUFF, Calif. – California wildlife officials say two men are in custody after a group of marijuana growers started to toss bags full of pot into a pickup truck belonging to game wardens they mistook for their suppliers. State Department of Fish and Game spokesman Pat Foy says two wardens in Tehama County were looking for deer poachers Monday night in the Shasta-Trinity National Forest when they heard footsteps behind them. They turned and saw five men hauling large military-style duffel bags and sleeping bags. Foy said the men approached the wardens' truck as if to toss the bags in the bed. The wardens began shouting commands at the group and managed to handcuff two, one of whom was carrying a shotgun. Three others escaped into the forest. The wardens recovered 127 pounds of processed marijuana.

*** Gossip Girl’s Corner, pull up a chair and grab your coffee
Here's a quick run-down of the bits and pieces that have gone on in the various halls of our Alliance! As most know, BOOM had a changing of the Guard and her new Guild Leader is Captain Ozone, who with his trusty Officers are working to help develop a very active spot to be, so be on the lookout for BOOM to be taking a more prominent position in the Alliance (oh and they are all sweeties, I HIGHLY recommend partying up with Captn, Seamon, Echo, and everyone else over there, guaranteed fun and lively time you'll have!). We had several people hit some awesome titles as well but these are the only ones I caught because I was paying attention! Jemby nailed R12 Kurz, Zilithicus Nerub is now known as Guardian of Elona AND R2 KoBD, Ting became Legendary Guardian as did Aiden Archkast, II Hydronic II beat the great purple beastie called Mallyx, AND just because it hasn't been shouted out yet in The Bugle, Sky is GWAMM! Recent chatter indicates there are at least five more that should be hitting max titles as well in the next week, looking forward to it! Also some old faces are returning home to the Alliance with the road to GW 2 being somewhere over there *points* and they're trying to get their bearings back lol so don't laugh too hard when you get asked a question that makes you blink twice to see if you're reading it right. Oh and can I recommend for anyone who likes yogurt to try Oikos Carmel? Just a bit of heaven in the perfect size snack cup! *swoons* sorry tangent.... right, back to the chat! Courtesy reminder to everyone, FFS have FUN! LOL if you're not having fun then you're not doing it correctly so try again (or if you ARE having fun, keep doing it!). Quick game... name that person or group! 1.) Baby take my open heart and all it offers, Cause this is as unconditional as it'll ever get 2.) Hold my breath as I wish for Death 3.) Step out of line and you get bitch-slapped back. I think we need to have a contest for who the biggest Armor Hoarder is we've got here in the Alliance.... a certain someone bought ANOTHER set just two days ago.... Xunlai needs to add panes just for armor at the rate they and some others are buying although they're keeping the armor economy going strong with their addiction.
That's it for now, got something you want known, bragging time, whatever, drop a line, hit us up, and share!

***STORY TIME!!
I would now like to share an interview with you that was done with Kiera Nalani of AOL. Yes, Kiera, she is the resident pocket monk / agro-monkey of the alliance.

Q: You are constantly going for coffee, or tea. What brand of coffee do you drink?
A. Coffee is anything BUT Starbucks which is horrible bitter nasty yuck coffee. My fav brand is Dunkin Donuts baybeeee but with enough sugar any brand is good! (well except for Starbucks which tastes like the equivalent of what I'd imagine using a sweaty gym sock as a filter for some burnt beans would be).

Q: What type of tea?
A. Current Tea addiction is Chai, straight up, just add hot water.

Q: How do you take your coffee, black?
A. Black with enough sugar to make my dentist call and find out what I'm doing.

Q: If you walked into a coffee shop right now, what would you order?
A. Extra large black and hand over the sugar jar please *snaps fingers impatiently*

Q: We've all seen / heard it. Where did the famous *bunni-roar* come from?
A. A drunken vq and several typos later was the birth of the *bunni-roar* O.o

Q: Have you ever heard a bunni roar?
A. No but I'd want it to sound really mean, evil, and intimidating yet still stylish.

Q: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
A. Go see Angkor Wat with about five bags of film, three cameras and extra cords.

Q: Ever hear banjo music playing while kayaking?
A. Hell to the no, I'd burn my kayak if I ever heard that music up here.

Q: You have become known as an aggro-monkey. Where did the combative monk fighting style start for you?
A: It started in Shing Jea when I was just a young monk, I heard whispers of Mhenlo, who was both a healer AND a fighter due to his parentage. As I grew up and began venturing from home, I was fortunate to meet Mhenlo several times. I admired him greatly and sought to follow in his footsteps, thus learning of this he took me under his wing....... Are you buying it? *winks* I just like killing stuff and the groups I hang with are crazy that way too so our play-styles get on good *bunni-roar*

** Time to break out the Saran and wrap things up. Awe, is it time to go already?

Please don’t try this at home! Seriously!!
The Mighty Bugle  #37  Pool10

pendragon
pendragon
Level 50

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 520
City : Sevierville, TN
Hobbies : Gaming, gardening
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

The Mighty Bugle  #37  Empty Re: The Mighty Bugle #37

Post by Altimus Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:23 am

Nice...enjoyed it. GJ. Laughing

Altimus
Level 19

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 193
City : Papillion, NE
Hobbies : Music and GW
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Force of the divine Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:26 am

awesome bugle!
Force of the divine
Force of the divine
Light

Male
Guild : Illuminati Elite
Number of posts : 1495
City : Delft
Hobbies : Hockey (field), GW, drinking beer
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevejavson Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:10 pm

Excellent edition of the bugle Very Happy.
Stevejavson
Stevejavson
Level 70

Male
Guild : RAiD
Number of posts : 715
City : Where the grass is green and the girls are moderately attractive
Hobbies : Making people uncomfortable
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:39 pm

great edition Pendragon!!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by pendragon Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:45 pm

Thank you. Maybe next month we will have to have a tag-team George / Pendragon production.

Bring the funny!
pendragon
pendragon
Level 50

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevejavson Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:49 pm

*looks at calender* Nope. More midterms. Lol.
Stevejavson
Stevejavson
Level 70

Male
Guild : RAiD
Number of posts : 715
City : Where the grass is green and the girls are moderately attractive
Hobbies : Making people uncomfortable
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dijabouti Jiggle Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:39 pm

Very nice. Love the interview with Kiera Very Happy
Dijabouti Jiggle
Dijabouti Jiggle
Level 34

Female
Guild : The Lords of Dragon Heart [RLR]
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberlyn Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:39 pm

AWESOME Job PenDragon!!! ... Mighty Would be So Proud! =)))
Amberlyn
Amberlyn
Light

Female
Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Melannie Stryder Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:00 pm

Omg I should NOT have read this in the middle of church!!!! Love the interview, excellent job pendragon!!!! *burrows face into pillow to keep from lol*
Melannie Stryder
Melannie Stryder
Light

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 1027
Hobbies : running from dots
Registration date : 2009-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:14 am

nice , thank you Smile
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by donnilee Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:16 am

Those pot growers should be in an episode of "World's Dumbest Criminals" LMAO. What fun. Can I bunni-roar too, or is that reserved only for Kiera?
donnilee
donnilee
Level 80

Female
Number of posts : 814
City : Waterbury, CT
Hobbies : Writing fanfiction for XF, Gaming
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:22 pm

I'm so glad that the Bugle is still moving forward even in my absence! You're truly doing a wonderful job keep it up!

Mighty
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by pendragon Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:52 pm

I am truly honored to have that come from Mighty! If ever you want to jump in and take back your baby, let me know.
pendragon
pendragon
Level 50

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content