Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ohai~ thar!

+10
chaosen3
Yuri Mortenzen
Force of the divine
Stevejavson
Dijabouti Jiggle
Mantis
BB
Amberlyn
Elfen Order
Bellatrixa
14 posters

Go down

Ohai~ thar! Empty Ohai~ thar!

Post by Bellatrixa Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:38 am

I'm shocked I haven't used these forums more as I'm generally a forum hoar. For the last 2 years I was moderator on a forum for a pserver MMO and was admin on a fansite for the retail version for said MMO so my excuse is I've been trying to take a break from what used to be my "job" ;D

I was tempted to write this as a Facebook style survey thing, but I think most people see enough of those on their news feeds. Let's start from the beginning then!

Name: Bella
IGN: Bellatrixa Calliope
Guild: Rise Up From The Ashes [Phnx]
Location: Norwich, England. It's not famous for much other than Kettle Chips, turkeys and mustard. Now I think about it, that's actually a pretty good combination... As you may be able to tell, my timezone is GMT.

Soooo, I guess this is where I talk about myself a bit... Well, I recently started playing Guild Wars (some time in October this year) due to finally being able to get a decent gaming capable machine, having the time to do so and because I've actually wanted to for about 4 years. One of my exes used to play quite obsessively but in a way I'm thankful as I started with a bit more knowledge than the average new player. Of course as I last saw the game running 3 years ago, I know a lot has changed in that time. I own all 3 campaigns and EotN as it seemed silly not to.

I'm a pretty laid back person but enjoy a good debate. I try to stick to my blog for that as I know that discussing some things can lead to OMG CONTROVERSY! and much discontent on both sides. I tend to prefer to state my point and leave it. From experience I know that a lot of people are very set in their ways and won't change their minds plus the fact that on the interwebs, it's very hard to have a calm discussion about things such as religion/politics etc without it descending into name calling ( I remember an incident in our last alliance where somehow such a topic came up and one guy decided to call everyone else in the alliance bigots because we didn't agree with him. Funnily enough, no one was really responding to him, he was staging the argument all on his lonesome).

I'll warn you now that I have a filthy and perverted sense of humour. Even if I say nothing, chances are I'm sitting there going "hurhurhur" behind my screen Razz My language is usually pretty colourful, but I'm trying my best not to let this seep into alliance chat. Thankfully there are many British slang words that haven't made it across to American yet >Very Happy

I do like tea, adore Relentless, think cats are the cutest animal ever apart from fennec foxes and my favourite miniatures are Roaring Ethers, Temple Guardians and Kirins. I would actually love to be able to run some /R build with a pet Kirin.

I do enjoy writing (I mentioned my blog) as I find it's a great release and also helps me keep my brain ticking over. However this can cause me to write long rambling blog posts which are pretty much how I'd talk IRL, only instead of using images, I'd be drawing a picture on a piece of paper or modelling something out of plasticine. I also do a lot of voluntary work and in the past year have clocked up many hours. My current project, which I am chairperson of, is a youth project on local heritage which I am also trying to incorporate self-development into as well.

Gaming has been something I started at the age of 6 with my first ever console (a Mega Drive although you'd probably better know it as a Sega Genesis if you're the other side of the pond to me) and have continued on ever since. I was manager at a branch of Game for a while which wasn't half as enjoyable as people think. Currently I'm focusing on my voluntary work while I sort some RL issues out so I can move onto doing a degree in social work.

Oya, I suppose there needs to be an obligatory picture as well:

Ohai~ thar! 60156_126332324084230_100001223905925_149791_8170463_n

Should really take some new ones as my hair is much longer now but I dun liek cameras Sad
Bellatrixa
Bellatrixa
Level 2

Female
Number of posts : 20
City : Norwich, England
Hobbies : Rubbing myself against walls after killing red dots.
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Back to top Go down

Ohai~ thar! Empty Re: Ohai~ thar!

Post by Elfen Order Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:42 am

Nice to meet you. I love it when someone does a really good introduction. Very Happy
Hopefully see you around in-game. Smile

Elfen Order
Level 14

Male
Guild : [AoL]
Number of posts : 149
City : Horsham - England
Hobbies : Photography. You can see some of my pictures at: www.wix.com/cockram/portfolio
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberlyn Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:24 pm

hehe Awesome .. So much Better than HEY Im here !!! ... =) loved it =) Welcome to Forums and Alliance.
Amberlyn
Amberlyn
Light

Female
Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by BB Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:13 pm

Woot Woot Welcome to AoL alliance and forums. And i do agree, wonderful introduction
BB
BB
Level 48

Female
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 480
Hobbies : Killing Every Red Dot
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Mantis Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:27 pm

welcome to the party!
Mantis
Mantis
Level 8

Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 86
City : TN
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dijabouti Jiggle Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:28 pm

Welcome Very Happy
Dijabouti Jiggle
Dijabouti Jiggle
Level 34

Female
Guild : The Lords of Dragon Heart [RLR]
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevejavson Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:47 pm

You are quite the writer! Welcome to the alliance Smile
Stevejavson
Stevejavson
Level 70

Male
Guild : RAiD
Number of posts : 715
City : Where the grass is green and the girls are moderately attractive
Hobbies : Making people uncomfortable
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Force of the divine Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:40 pm

welcome to the forums and alliance
Force of the divine
Force of the divine
Light

Male
Guild : Illuminati Elite
Number of posts : 1495
City : Delft
Hobbies : Hockey (field), GW, drinking beer
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:41 am

Nicely written, I haven't even wanted to skip to the end.. Not once!!

Long time since I've heard someone call a Genesis by its real name (for me)

And by the way, pics are not compulsory so you can remove it if you prefer to. *right click* *Save picture as...*

Welcome to the alliance! (trying to think of a british insult to stick right here....Plonker..?)
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by chaosen3 Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:00 pm

Why hello there Bella Smile
Welcome to the Ally/Forums ;D
chaosen3
chaosen3
Level 5

Male
Number of posts : 53
City : North London, United Kingdom
Hobbies : you
Registration date : 2009-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:03 am

Welcome to the allience Smile

neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by donnilee Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:17 am

Welcome! If you like writing and reading as well, skip on over to the Tavern where you can find anything from poems, to vignettes to novel-length stories -- some based on the game and others not.

I love to write myself and unfortunately, not many like to read anymore! So comments are always welcome. The writers in the Tavern don't get nearly enough attention and there's some really good stuff in there.

Psst - Amer has the heart of a romantic poet! Just in case no one knew it. In any case, glad to have you. Would love to have you write a ditty for the Tavern. I'm sure we'll see you around the ally bus. :O)
donnilee
donnilee
Level 80

Female
Number of posts : 814
City : Waterbury, CT
Hobbies : Writing fanfiction for XF, Gaming
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Naix Mccloud Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:46 am

well welcome its quite and colorful yet awesome intro normally you cant get more than two words outta people
Naix Mccloud
Naix Mccloud
Level 27

Male
Number of posts : 275
City : a burned out berg where the teams dont get lucky ..and neither do i
Hobbies : photography, bad jokes , and baseball fan extraondinare
Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellatrixa Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:22 am

Hehe, thanks ^_^ As many people know, sometimes you just can't shut me up ;D

May seem weird this topic being bumped, but I recently made the move from the mass exodus of Phnx to AoL via a guild made with other ex-Phnxes, but sadly things didn't really work out with their new alliance just having way too few Europeans and general activity. I decided that as much as I love them, I couldn't stay in an alliance and guild where I would be on my own for so long and that even as an officer, it would be hard to recruit a large number of Europeans with the rest of the alliance not wanting to follow suit. As I had no hard feelings towards anyone in the alliance, I spoke to Kiera about me joining AoL and... well, here I am again! Very Happy
Bellatrixa
Bellatrixa
Level 2

Female
Number of posts : 20
City : Norwich, England
Hobbies : Rubbing myself against walls after killing red dots.
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:28 am

Welcome back!!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA