Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaders Mtg 12-Dec

5 posters

Go down

Leaders Mtg 12-Dec Empty Leaders Mtg 12-Dec

Post by Kiera Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:25 pm

Here's what I've noted we discussed during today's meeting. Please communicate to your Officers the key points such as Ally-Chat so that we are on the same page as it does require everyone being involved to keep things fun, social, and polite. This mtg was spur of the moment (since most of us happened to actually be online) but going forward these will be held every other Sunday @ 1:30pm EST in vent, the next will be 12/26.

- Each GL and Officer please ensure the ally-chat is free from:
Spamming wtb/wts
Begging absolutely not acceptable
Sexual, Racial, other derogatory slurs
Flaming
Trolling/Baiting
Per discussion every Guild MUST be firm on this and not take the stand of "it's not my problem" because eventually it could be. Politely ask whatever is being said to STOP and also remind your peeps in Guild-Chat or whispers to drop it and move the chat forwards (because we all know people love having the "last" word).
- Neith is sole GL of Phnx, and she is appointing additional officers as well. She will be posting up in round-table their leader-roster when complete.
- There are members through the alliance where english is their second (or third) language. It's been asked that everyone not immediately flare up if someone posts something in ally-chat that is "odd" but seek clarification first.
- Updated Ally-Guidelines will be posted by 18-Dec, Leaders will review first here Very Happy
- AoL's event is the 18-19 Dec
- Reviewed ideas of additional things Ally can be doing together such as more cross-party-ups, expanding contests as the more people are hitting GWAMM the more we are seeing their activity then fall off. Touched on idea of having 2x daily ally-chat opened for half-hour each time for the sole purpose. Made sure all GL's have each others IGN for ease of hitting up.

What have I missed? I've also communicated all the above to AoL's Officers so they are aware of the expectations Very Happy
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Leaders Mtg 12-Dec Empty Re: Leaders Mtg 12-Dec

Post by Hennu Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:08 pm

I think this list covered all the matters discussed!

Will do my part to help ally-chat stay friendly+lovely Smile I also ask other guilds to contact me if someone from HEH wasnt that lovely (with piccies).. Especially now that I did some roster maintenance, kicked many inactive and possibly soon introducing new members to HEH+Alliance. Very Happy

I will also summarize this to HEH officers, so all are on same page Very Happy

Looking forward to next meeting, even if HEH weekend event would be happening same time, can hop on vent while naked-flare-battling toooooooo xD.
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heroes
Number of posts : 441
City : Finland
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Ets Stuff :D
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Neith Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:22 am

Same as stated by hennu, it's already on our announcement and will be up there for a couple more days. Please if problems arise, email also. phnxleaders@gmail.com. I can check it when needed as i have access on my phone.

Neith
Neith
Neith
Level 0

Guild : Rise Up From The Ashes [Phnx]
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:01 am

Draft - Feedback, additions, suggestions?
----------------
Basic bottom line is no spamming, scamming, swearing, flaming, trolling, being a jerk.

If you are doing something and are asked to stop or it's pointed out not appropriate, then simply stop. Doesn't matter if it's member, officer, or gl doing the asking, just stop.

There should be absolutely no postings in Ally-Chat of sexual, racial, slurs, or name-calling. Also no religious or political discussions please as those typically do nothing but turn into massive flame-wars. Swearing happens on accident (we've all had those famous mistypes) but it should not be the norm to see in Ally-Chat.

WTB/WTS once or twice is fine, don't go beyond that because after the second time if you've not gotten a response, you're better off hitting a trade town. Don't forget the Forum does have a WTB/WTS/WTT section also.

Do not feed into any flame wars as those will be snuffed out quickly and most certainly do not feed the trolls.

Remember everyone is different, what one finds offensive someone else may not. There is no right/wrong, it's all about respecting the fact we are NOT identical clones with our tastes and what each of us finds acceptable. Play nicely, leave your rudeness at the door and be kind/polite to one another.

With the sale of GW going on, there are more new players as well as former players returning to the game. With more pinging their skill-bars in ally-chat asking for assistance or suggestions, please don't be negative and be helpful instead. If they are taking the plunge by posting their bar for assistance, at least they're trying to get feedback for improving their game experience.

Do not beg which is defined as asking for something free, nor should you allude to the fact you need (object here) but have either no money or very little. Be realistic, if you want it then take the time and go earn some by doing missions, vq's, dungeons etc and pick up every single drop, merch, rinse & repeat. We are here to help but don't be a mooch as we all get gold the same way.

Be Respectful Of One Another. How you talk to your friends in-game or real-life is not the way to talk to others who do not know you well enough to know that when you say some things, you are not being serious or you are being exceptionally sarcastic in the joking manner you may use to banter with them.

No Guild-Hopping.

Please take the time and small effort to get to know your Allies! Whether it's casually chatting in Ally-Chat, hopping into parties being formed up (regardless of whether you actually need it or not), answering questions, or giving build advice. The Alliance is only as active and social as WE make it (meaning everyone), so please do your part and be involved!

Last edited by Kiera on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:18 pm

Everything you stated above are very important points and I agree on it all. It summarizes nicely the matters discussed in vent too, its quite clear, and really,...not too harsh at all! Should be easy to follow Smile

On the 3rd last chapter about "noob bar", I, pardon me, did not first understand what it was about, so, for the peoples with complicated way of thinking (of a bar where ppl go drink) or just language problems, can you in the beginning mention: skill bar. Very Happy (Sorry if nitpicking ;()

Also, If I may suggest, could it be needed to sneak in a thought like this: "Please put your effort to get to know your allies Smile. Meet people and learn few names from each guild. It helps us bond and maybe to remember which player likes to play in where when organizing teams for pvp/pve " (It could be a couragement in the end too, like first there are guidelines, then this tip)

..because...

Some players might be bit shy, and used to hang with guild only, and all the chat in ally chat is where they never perhaps even dare to comment. They get no chance to,, like, introduce themselves and get inside to the group.. I mean sometimes people just need a ..sort of push to.. like,, go out of gh once in a while to check out the neighbours?

Oh one question that I think I missed when you mentioned in vent.. Will these be posted in the Guide Lines - section to be the new official alliance guidelines? Or opening new topic as a reminder and clarification for everyone to view?

Either case, it will support greatly to maintain the goal of friendly, relaxing atmosphere in the alliance Smile GJ!!!

Last edited by Hennu on Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heroes
Number of posts : 441
City : Finland
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Ets Stuff :D
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:24 pm

I'll be pulling down the guidelines currently in place and posting these up Very Happy
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Poobaa Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:04 am

Sounds good to me, no real issues here.
Poobaa
Poobaa
Level 1
Level 1

Guild : Republic of Shadows
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucci_Slevin Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:47 am

First off, sorry for my inactivity on this board.

I agree on all points. Please do contact me here if there are any issues with our guildies.

The only suggestion I would make is that you might want to expand on the 'no guild hoping' to make it clear that you mean that you do not want people to move between guilds in the alliance.

Lucci_Slevin
Level 60

Male
Guild : Liars Cheats and Thieves
Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down