Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars 2 Soundtrack - Main Theme

2 posters

Go down

Guild Wars 2 Soundtrack - Main Theme Empty Guild Wars 2 Soundtrack - Main Theme

Post by Rhys Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:32 pm

Just thought I might share this, lol.

Rhys
Rhys
Level 5

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 59
City : Texas
Hobbies : Charr-ing
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars 2 Soundtrack - Main Theme Empty Re: Guild Wars 2 Soundtrack - Main Theme

Post by Morgaine Faern Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:57 pm

I recently got my hands on the entire OST collection which has now become my music of choice while working in the painting studio. I'm excited to hear the same epic quality (if not more so) in the new tunes!

The little bit from :35-:47 sec is actually a theme that makes an appearance in a few of the 2005 Guild Wars Special Pak Edition tracks; a few years before the release of the EotN ones. Re-listening to the Norn theme I'm wondering if that bit was maybe originally intended for a general hero theme, then buffed to Norn, and then back to hero? Either way I'm glad they kept it, being definitely one of my favorite themes.

Morgaine Faern
Level 0

Guild : [Liar]
Number of posts : 3
Hobbies : sculpture, sword fighting, flashing my Harvard id
Registration date : 2011-01-15

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars 2 Soundtrack - Main Theme Empty Re: Guild Wars 2 Soundtrack - Main Theme

Post by Rhys Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:18 am

Morgaine Faern wrote:The little bit from :35-:47 sec is actually a theme that makes an appearance in a few of the 2005 Guild Wars Special Pak Edition tracks; a few years before the release of the EotN ones. Re-listening to the Norn theme I'm wondering if that bit was maybe originally intended for a general hero theme, then buffed to Norn, and then back to hero?

The first sample of that clip you're referring to—that I can think of—appears in The Moment of Truth at :50-:59 seconds, which is also the song used for the Prophecies trailer. It's kind of incomplete, but the finishing part is in Devona's Theme at :10-:18 seconds. So, I think it is actually, as you put it, the "general hero theme".
Rhys
Rhys
Level 5

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 59
City : Texas
Hobbies : Charr-ing
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down