Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Officer Metting?

5 posters

Go down

Officer Metting? Empty Officer Metting?

Post by daylecampbell Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:36 pm

I think that we should have anotehr officer meeting, since we have 3 new officers since the last one. I really do think that we can get some things sorted by having one. its up to you guys really, but i would like to see one happen Very Happy
daylecampbell
daylecampbell
Level 55

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 564
City : Plymouth UK
Hobbies : Photography, Skating ,Wishing for red dots
Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Officer Metting? Empty Re: Officer Metting?

Post by Kiera Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:04 pm

I agree, we do need a meeting with the Officers and myself as it feels as if things are slipping with the current active level.

Pen will be travelling mid to end of this week, but for all others please be available at 12:30pm EST on Sunday the 25th, we'll have a discussion prior to the weekly guild meeting.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:53 pm

Also I'd like to talk about adding in two to three additional Officers.
Ones that stand out at the moment for me, that are still interested in the game and various aspects of it. Thoughts and any additions to list for discussion here and on sunday please.

• - Aura. is confident her son will not access her account and even if he does he'd not do anything (similar to Dan and his sister that shared). Is on earlier in the day every day then most officers excluding Pen and Dayle. Has toons all over the place, and does zb/zm on a fairly daily basis.
    - Melannie. as we know is very outgoing and social and on at various times through the day, plus title hunting.
    - Myth. always up for furthering her toons through the different campaigns, can be outgoing, and is one of our more solid guildies plus she does a lot of guild party-ups behind the scenes I've found when whispering other members who indicate she's in their party.

Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by master pedraza Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:57 am

Ha I shouldn't be on here right now since I'm with a study group but I like to be a rebel lol jk, but back to about the officer meeting I also think it's a good idea. I've been wondering about having one for a little while now but didn't think it was in my place to ask about one since I'm one of the new officers. Also, about the getting new officers I feel it's also a good idea. I'd also like to add that I want to talk about as a guild maybe starting to do more sc's. I feel like before sc's (more specifically speaking FoWsc) had made the guild a bit more social but now it seems like it's more of a specific group has to go or there is no sc group that could happen or it has to be formed of mostly alliance members, which isn't bad but it stops us from having more activity between guildies and it's kinda stopped being about having fun in the runs cuz people don't come to learn no more cuz the only way they feel like they can come is if they know what they are doing. It might not be true but it's been a thought in my mind. I'll talk more about it in the officer meeting since my study group is still going on but I hope u guys understand what I'm trying to say.

Thanks, Dave

master pedraza
Level 5

Male
Guild : army of lightness
Number of posts : 51
City : somewhere out there
Hobbies : baseball/ any sport
Registration date : 2011-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:50 am

Dave your place as an Officer means you have the same right to call a meeting of the Officers/GL as any other Officer. If you or another Officer sees things and feel they need to be addressed by having us meet, then it's important to not think of it as something that's ""not your place"", just as I do.

Your place as is mine and all the others is to ensure there IS a strong vibrant AoL that charges into GW 2 when it does get released. Please don't consider yourself as newer officer being regulated to the back because I certainly don't think of any of you that way.

Sounds good on having one of the topics we talk about be SC's because with the exception of UWSC, there's not a spot I can think of off the top of my head we cant/havent done at least once or twice. I will caution though that there are some in the Guild who do not have sins nor an interest in hatching one until they are at GWAMM on their title toon, so we need to ensure their interests don't get overlooked by a SC frenzy. BUT that is where having a wide variety of party-ups comes in handy.

Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Up All Nite Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:16 am

master pedraza wrote:...cuz people don't come to learn no more cuz the only way they feel like they can come is if they know what they are doing.

I kinda agree with Dave on this part, I think part of the soution would be to have a healthy mix of NON-SCs, as well as the Scs. I feel that more people would be willing to come in a less-pressured atmosphere if sometimes we could go in a balanced way fasion, even if we have to do it in nm and teach on the fly, explaining as we go. That is how I learned anyway. I very much like the way Dayle and Lucky do this, and would even like to learn myself, places like SoO, Froggy run, ect, in this fashion.

As for the officer candidates mentioned above... I really dont know everyone listed exclusively well (except maybe Mel), but I would just ask myself the following questions of them:

* Would they go out of their way at times to help someone with something even though they may not personally need it?

* Could they interact in such a way with people on chat and vent that strikes a consistently positive note?

* Would they be able to objectively diffuse a situation within the guild if it happens in vent and/or chat (or at least know where to go to get it settled)?

Thats all I can think of atm, but I would say if candidates possess these qualities, they would get my thumbs up. Okay, I'll stop this essay answer and save some for the meeting... lol

Peace All,

Tarjan (Dale) \m/
Up All Nite
Up All Nite
Level 8

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 87
City : CO, USA
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:26 am

We also need to disuss the ever present topic of recruiting and ensure we are all comfy with doing it because people come and go in theiractivity level, so recruiting should be a constant activity on our parts.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Meeting notes:
1. All officers are expected to recruit so that it's not just one or two people doing it, and we can keep the guild stocked with active people who ARE still playing gw.
2. Ensure we are all talking in guild-chat OR if you're in an area and can't simply say so in chat so the perception isn't we're online but not being social. Be sure to catch hi-byes also.
3. Get involved WITH the guild. It's easy to log in and do our own thing, but whisper members, even if they don't respond, to see what they're doing. Yell when you go to start something, try to pick up guildies to come with you. Or if you see someone whether in chat or whisper indicate an area THEY are going to do, assist them if they are hero'ng it by seeing if more want to go with them, go if you can also. Talk it up, get people revved to do something together.

Officers per discussion on vent, is what those on have agreed with-
4. Aura is agreed as officer with the understanding if her son returns to play or starts accessing the account then will need to place to member simply for pratical reasons.
5. Mel is not agreed as officer
6. Myth is agreed as officer
7. BB is agreed as officer once she resumes normal gameplay
this would bring Officer-count to 10 then with me, means there is NO reason between all of us we are not able to keep the guild active, have various party-ups going on in different campaigns, etc etc. but it does require each of us do take the bit of responsibilities that comes with the titles.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:43 am

note_ i plan to talk with all three once more before promoting.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:13 pm

Can I just say... when I was new...even thought I still feel like a noob.. when you all started with a SC or run... I was a bit anxious about joining due to not knowing or having the right build... honestly... didn't know there was a "certain" build for a lot of runs/sc. So maybe we can put it out to new members that we are have a "training" SC and work on getting their builds together... and how to use them. A lot has to do with the new member to want to do it too.... some like to do their own thing...but some might be hiding.... hoping to be noticed...like I was.. I do thank all of you who helped me come out of my shell and talk to me... it is really helpful and warming to hear from guildies...even if it's just... "Hey...how are you!!!" or "need help with anything??" Makes you feel wanted in the guild!!! sunny
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 782
City : Worcester Ma USA
Hobbies : reading, time with kids
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down