Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Declining members

3 posters

Go down

Declining members Empty Declining members

Post by yosei Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:43 am

I think that at one point or another you've looked at the guild members list and noticed our declining numbers. Large part due to non- active members. At one point of the guild we had aprox. 100+ and growing now down to 45 as of 02/24/2007.

Another fact that I would like to point out, is the lack of core players. I believe this guild would do better if we had several players who are on usually during weekends etc. Our numbers in this department aren't bad but a bit more wouldn't hurt. I realize that finding players like this is extremely rare but ask you keep a look out.

And finally as a resolution to this problem I propose an event of some sort to attract newer players, and once we have that accomplished I think we can climb back to our spot at around 100+. Now as seen with the last event the number of people who got involved, wasn't the numbers we were hoping for. So this time I suggest we have more of a everyones a winner sort of focus in the event. Last time during the draw, I think many players were discouraged or unenthusiastic because of the fact it was a draw and there would ultimately be one winner. I suggest we stay away from the draw and focus more on the fact that everyone is rewarded some kind of gift for entry. Any cost requiring to be payed on that point - I'll gladly pay. So as an example we could have a scrimmage tourny with yellow, orange and red dyes as entry prizes and a grand prize of for example 40k.

March Break/Easter will be coming soon and I suggest we time something according to that, when there will be more people online then regular times. Although the event can be thought of over time until then this member decline issue has to be resolved ASAP. Feedback and comments appreciated. Very Happy

Thank You
- Yosei Very Happy

yosei
Level 6

Male
Number of posts : 64
City : canada
Hobbies : none
Registration date : 2006-11-27

Back to top Go down

Declining members Empty Re: Declining members

Post by Vogo Agogo Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:02 pm

If the question is, do we want a guild with many active players, than the answere is yes. If the question is, do we want that right at this very moment, the answere is no and for a reason. There will be lots of chapters of GW released in the years to come, so we have a great deal of time to build the guild we want with the people we want and the people we want is the biggest goal.

Last year I spent a great deal of my on line time trying to build up a full guild, but what we got was not so much a guild of people, but just a guild of numbers. I would let in anyone who wanted in thinking that in the end something of a active guild would have been created. Well, I would suggest having a guild with 100 people in it does not mean its a good guild. I will keep growing the guild, but I will be more selective as to who I bring in. Active, mature, fun people is what makes a on line game worth playing.

The first thing I say to someone who im thinking of inviting in to the guild is "I am looking for people who can get along with others on line." That way when I kick someone for acting like a jerk they will not need to come to me asking why it happened. Many people get annoyed with players who think it is funny to make others mad, this kind of thing none of us need.

Im always for good ideas to bring more people to the forum and I will try and think of something but keep in mind, forums are not everyones cup of tea and if the forum is not super active it might not be because of something we are not doing.

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male
Number of posts : 179
City : London Canada
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:29 pm

yeah , we cut the guild to half size becose we decided to do it , grouing to 100 was a " silly " goal that i had , me and vogo were having fun hardcore recruiting. now as vogo said we are trying to focus more on quality then quantity.
actualy at this point im working 10 hours a day and i dont have a free day ever, so i cant do much for the guild besides login sometimes to say hi.

i know where your feeling to make a big and active guild comes , since day one i want that too .... after 20 months playing being leader/officer and members of many guilds since then , i found out its not easy. guildwars as 3 million acounts , people start and stop playing for all the reasons we cant imagine.

about the events , as an officer you have all the power to organize one if you have the time for it , try to get help from members/officers/leaders if they are up to , and go from there.

about the forum , the forum was made at first for the officers to comunicate , we were using emails and it was a bit messy , so we made this forum to make things easyer. as for members its here if anyone likes to spam , we have one , but is not a requirement.

i would like if everyone would join the forum and be a active poster , but what hapands with that , is that the forum starts to have a life of its own , sometimes brings levels of drama to the guild that are not helpfull , i have had bad experiences in forums , becose im adictied , as you can see , i cant stop typing , bla bla bla yada yada yada ...

anyway , dont feel bad becose we lost 50 members , we did it on purpuse. if we want 100 , me and vogo can do it preaty fast , its easy , just stop kicking the inactive and hardcore recruiting.

but as vogo said , that doesnt make a good guild for what we now think its a good guild.

like the old saying , better a few good ones then lots of unknown numbers.

for a final quote , its nice to see you care about the guild , keep it up bro.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content