Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance Screenshot Contest 21st-27th June

+4
modesty
vickster
Finnguala
Hennu
8 posters

Go down

Alliance Screenshot Contest 21st-27th June Empty Alliance Screenshot Contest 21st-27th June

Post by Hennu Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:23 am

Alliance Screenshot Contest Thursday 21st - Wednesday 27th of June

Theme: My Heroic Moment!

Now, have you done something absolutely cool and heroic in GW1? Did you save a bunch of peeps or just someone spesific! Well go back there and do it again OR invent a completely new heroic event and snap a nice screenshot! Very Happy

If you want: Also make a ministory to tell more of your characters heroic deeds (Strongly recommented) - and attach it with your screenshot. 100 words max.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Instructions How to join:

- Upload your picture with known upload service, for example Imageshack http://imageshack.us/ or your Photobucket account http://photobucket.com/ or similar something else that you prefer using.

- Send a private message via the forum to me (hennu) where you give the link to your screenshot. If you are really in hurry and upload services do not work for you, send it in email to me ( katyanightflame (at) hotmail.com ) and don't forget to follow these next steps too:

- In the message, add a Screenshot caption text (ministory, sentence, title etc)
maximum 100 words!

- Provide your ingame name, forum name and guild name [tag] along with your message.

- Please No photoshopping (aka modifying original pic) to the actual picture! This contest is for pure, clean Guild Wars screenshots. So this time, don't write on the picture. You can crop edges of course.

- Only one screenshot per participant! (Sowwy..)

- Don't post the screenshot into this topic. Send it to me and I will post all entries same time! Very Happy

- No entrance fee's! Its more than a payment that you have to read these long instructions!!! ;D ;D ;D

- Its Only Guild Wars 1 Screenshots Btw, Not from Guild Wars 2 (soz Finn) or any other game! Very Happy

- If questions or need help uploading pics private message me via forum, or send email to me: katyanightflame (at) hotmail.com

- Tip: to hide interface: Press shift while Pressing print screen button or use Shift + Ctrl + H (and same again to get it back)

Picture Sending time Ends Monday 25th of June, 8 pm GMT/4 pm EST, after this no more pictures are accepted. (Time stamp in emails/messages counts for getting in then o.o)

~1h later picture-links are posted to forum and voting can start.

Screenshot Sending time: Thursday 21st - Monday 25th 8 GMT pm/ 4 pm EST

Voting Time: 2 days starting from Monday 25th 9 GMT pm / 5 pm EST, till Wednesday 27th 9 pm GMT / 5 pm EST

Voting happens on forum. In same topic as screenshots will be posted.

Voting system:
Give 2 points to the screenshot you like most.
Give 1 point to the screenshot you like second most.
Don't vote your own picture please. (lol)
Please don't edit your voted points afterwards.

After voting has ended and points have been counted carefully its reward time! (~1h from that) around 9.30 GMT pm / 5.30 pm EST Wednesday.

Rewards:

1st place: Armbrace of Truth

2nd place, 3rd place, 4th place and 5th place can select of the following (with first selecting 2nd placer..etc):

* 100 Birthday Cupcakes + 100 Bottles of Grog + 100 Snowman Summoners + 10 Platinum
* Imperial Dragon Weapon of Choice + 10 Platinum
* Dye Set (includes 1 of each dye) + 10 Platinum
* 10 Lockpicks + 10 Platinum

+ Thank you for participating - consolation reward for everyone who joined. [/size]

You can also comment/ask questions in this topic now, but, once the screenshots are uploaded and voting starts, preferably only vote posts welcome then!

And so..the Screenshot Contest has Begun now!! Enjoy!! Very Happy

Let your inner hero out and show some deeds to people around you (or just yourself xD)!

Enjoy and.. BEST of luck to all heroes out there..be careful! Its dangerous out there! xD

Once again, each time I try shorten this long description without success so I thank you who reads until the very bottom! *Cookie for you*

Last edited by Hennu on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heroes
Number of posts : 441
City : Finland
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Ets Stuff :D
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Alliance Screenshot Contest 21st-27th June Empty Re: Alliance Screenshot Contest 21st-27th June

Post by Finnguala Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:20 am

Hennu wrote:- Its Only Guild Wars 1 Screenshots Btw, Not from Guild Wars 2 (soz Finn) or any other game! Very Happy

Noooooo, it would have been ingenious! (i.e. "I made it 250 years into the future to save these Quaggan!")

But, k. I got this!

<3 Screen contests.
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1097
City : Mid-Atlantic USA
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Alliance Screenshot Contest 21st-27th June Empty Re: Alliance Screenshot Contest 21st-27th June

Post by Hennu Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:03 pm

Time to send screenshots has ended. I will upload all entries soon!
Stay tuned for heroic pics! Very Happy
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Alliance Screenshot Contest 21st-27th June Empty Entries!

Post by Hennu Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:23 pm

Here are the Screenshot Entries for contest with theme: My Heroic Moment!!

(Under each picture is direct link to the pic, so you can fully view it!)

Finnguala [Liar]
Alliance Screenshot Contest 21st-27th June 7415870048_805ce05362_c
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5038/7415870048_805ce05362_c.jpg

In my quest to seek enlightenment... ascension, whatever you want to call it - I came upon a giant stone lady. From the distance, I could almost revere to her grandeur. After some thought, I knew that for a meaningless side-quest... I would have to confront her to reach the top of the plateau. I drew back my bow and in all my glorious might, I arced an immeasurably powerful shot right into her behind. She toppled over without a thought. I emerged victorious! Fearless, I had battled the immense stone woman and achieved my 1,500 points of experience and 15 attribute points..which up until now I had, somehow, not attained.

Aura [AoL]
Alliance Screenshot Contest 21st-27th June Gw175
https://2img.net/h/i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i453/zoinsky/gw175.jpg

Seriously...using the cattle for target practice??

Ok... So maybe I'm not saving the cattle...but I am saving the poor folk from dying of hunger...think of all those children!!! Now we can rest assure that they will be having a decent meal for a while... am I a hero?? I guess some would consider me a hero... I know that child with the full belly does!!

WHAT'S FOR DINNER TONIGHT???

BEEF!!!

Tranquil Modesty [AoL]
Alliance Screenshot Contest 21st-27th June 35a7r08
https://2img.net/h/oi49.tinypic.com/35a7r08.jpg

As a monk every now and then I got faced with an energy problems. When this happens its time for plan B: Tell to other party members that you run out of energy and that the party needs to retreat --> aka in practice: yelling on vent NO ENERGY! NO ENERGY! GO BACK! GO BACK!!! But sometimes happened that someone just did not believe my words. I this situations I had no other option that the one which is showed in the screenshot. With no hesitation I grabed my friend and started running and kiting away from the enemys until we reached a safe spot or I regen my energy.

Voting system(post in this topic):
Give 2 points to the screenshot you like most.
Give 1 point to the screenshot you like second most.

For Example:
Prince Rurik [LoL] 2 points.
Brother Mhenlo [Yay] 1 point.

[Write the alliance member's name + points you wanna give, instead of the NPC name.. .]

Don't vote your own picture please. (lol)
Please don't edit your voted points afterwards.

After voting time has ended (Ends Wednesday 27th June, 8 GMT pm , 4 pm EST) and points have been counted carefully its reward time!

GL To all participants!!!
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:47 pm

Modesty 2

Finn 1
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 782
City : Worcester Ma USA
Hobbies : reading, time with kids
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by modesty Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:52 pm

Finnguala [Liar] --> 2 Points

Aura [AoL] --> 1 Point
modesty
modesty
Level 6

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:58 am

https://m46.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/neoteo/gw173.jpg.html

u see me casting a meteor shower Smile

i love this screen shot ...
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by tulenele Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:12 pm

Finnguala [Liar] 2 points
Tranquil Modesty [AoL] 1 point

tulenele
Level 1
Level 1

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Aura [AoL] 2 points: BEEF
Modesty [AoL] 1 point: Energy shall be thwarted!
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dav Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:38 pm

2 pts Modesty

1pt Finnguala

Dav
Level 2

Male
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heroes [HEH]
Number of posts : 29
Hobbies : Muay Thai, GW, Basketball and Girls of course. :D
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Carseus Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Aura 2pts

Modesty 1pt
Carseus
Carseus
Level 11

Male
Guild : IE
Number of posts : 110
City : London
Hobbies : Getting killed by my guildies!!
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:17 pm

2 pts - Tranquil Modesty, that is just so nice of you!! Carrying friend in arms away from danger xDDDDD

1 pt - Aura! You save the hungry people!! Very Happy

+ Gj to Finn, that is absolutely one of the most epic moment in prophecies Very Happy
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Voting has ended, I shall post results bit later! Very Happy
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:42 pm

The winner of the screenshot contest of theme: My Heroic Moment, is...

Tranquil Modesty [AoL]!! With 9 pts!! GZ!!
Alliance Screenshot Contest 21st-27th June 35a7r08
https://2img.net/h/oi49.tinypic.com/35a7r08.jpg

As a monk every now and then I got faced with an energy problems. When this happens its time for plan B: Tell to other party members that you run out of energy and that the party needs to retreat --> aka in practice: yelling on vent NO ENERGY! NO ENERGY! GO BACK! GO BACK!!! But sometimes happened that someone just did not believe my words. I this situations I had no other option that the one which is showed in the screenshot. With no hesitation I grabed my friend and started running and kiting away from the enemys until we reached a safe spot or I regen my energy.

2nd place is a tie!! Between Finnguala and Aura both 6 pts!! :O Cool! What exciting contest!

Congratulations to all winners!

Rewards:

1st place: Armbrace of Truth

2nd place, 3rd place, 4th place and 5th place can select of the following (with first selecting 2nd placer..etc):

* 100 Birthday Cupcakes + 100 Bottles of Grog + 100 Snowman Summoners (Fail from Hennu, it was Frosty Tonics, not summoners..poor Aura Sad) + 10 Platinum
* Imperial Dragon Weapon of Choice + 10 Platinum
* Dye Set (includes 1 of each dye) + 10 Platinum
* 10 Lockpicks + 10 Platinum

Contact me to get your rewards Smile. Of 2nd placers, first one to pm me gets to choose first!! xD Hurry hurry Aura & Finn XD!

Thanks to everyone who joined and thank you all voters as well!

Last edited by Hennu on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:24 pm

100 birthday cakes, 100 bottles grog, snowmen and platnum plz!!!
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 782
City : Worcester Ma USA
Hobbies : reading, time with kids
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:02 pm

I'll take picks, always handy Very Happy
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down