Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AoL Vent

+3
neoteo
daylecampbell
Kiera
7 posters

Go down

AoL Vent Empty AoL Vent

Post by Kiera Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:57 am

******* As of 4-Aug-2012 *******
Host: fierce.typefrag.com
Port: 61743
Generic PW: Daisy762Purple5

--------------------------------------------------------------------
To setup an authenticated account on our Vent Server please use the following steps Smile
AoL Vent Setup1-2
AoL Vent Setup2-1
AoL Vent Setup3-1
AoL Vent Setup4-1
AoL Vent Setup5-1

**Once you have setup your first account, you can save it as a template to use with every other account so you don't have to check thru each one! Simply choose "SAVE AS" and give it a file name before hitting "UPDATE". Then going forward you just have to fill in the first screen's info, hit "LOAD" and then Pick your file to auto-fill in everything else (be sure to hit update though to save that poor person who's at your mercy's account when done)
AoL Vent Setup5

Any questions, my email and pmail are always open!

Last edited by Kiera on Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:41 am; edited 4 times in total
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

AoL Vent Empty AoL Vent

Post by Kiera Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Updated and unlocking.
We need to discuss the Vent tonight (saturday night) if possible. We have a 50-slot on Typefrag for 6months. That is ample time for us to get AoL up and running in GW 2 and seeing if the slot-count need to be expanded for our Guilds use.

GW 2 is a new beast and since we can have people who are members of multiple Guilds, it's easy to see how 50 could eventually be too small since a Guild can hold up to 500. Whether they're repping for us or not, our members have access to the Vent.

- What about the current Alliance Guilds in GW 1. Are we going to provide them with access to this server as well? When we all hit GW 2 how will this translate and be managed?

- I am a hardass on strangers getting onto our vent. That was my biggest batshit button in GW 1. They're not paying for it, they have no connection to any of us beyond one person (in most cases) who wants them to use it so there's no loyalty to not post our info on a bathroom wall in Rata Sum. There's a TON of free vent servers and other voice options available to people. Our server should not fill this spot. IN GW 2 if a *air quote* friend wants access, then they should have no problem committing time to party up and rep for OUR Guild in it.

- I have setup the following Rank tags
Guild Leader
Officer
AoL
Honored Guest (this will change to Guild Tags if we decide to go that route. For now it is to establish an account for our friends within the Alliance we WANT to have access)

- I've also created goofy channels just to flesh it out as a new vent server has NO channels.

- Right now there's 5-guest slots. 5 people can log in and freely move through the channels as they wish. They will be ID'd by the (Guest) after their name. There is NO Padded Room at this point but easily added back in.

- There is a 15-min inactivity kick set as well. If someone goes AFK longer than that, they can just log back in on their return. (means if you sit still, dont move channels, dont key your mic, zero activity the server WILL remove you at the 15min mark).

- I have made the MOTD reflect (all registered accounts see)
******* Welcome to the Army of Lightness [AoL] Vent Server *******
FORUM: https://lightness.forumotion.com
GW 2 SERVER: BLACKGATE

and for Guests they see
******* Welcome to the Army of Lightness [AoL] Vent Server *******
FORUM: https://lightness.forumotion.com
AoL Members - ask in Guild Chat to have your account authenticated by an Admin.
AoL will be in GW 2 on the Blackgate Server, come join us!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

AoL Vent Empty Re: AoL Vent

Post by Kiera Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:11 pm

AoL Vent Rooms
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by daylecampbell Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:29 pm

SWEET! i think that all current AoL members should gain priority in getting into vent ( making sure that they are dedicated members) over the new members that we get in gw2. because the guild can hold 500 people we need really be tight on the people who have access to vent, what would best is to only give out the vent info out to loyal AoL members and not your everyday guy
daylecampbell
daylecampbell
Level 55

Male
Number of posts : 564
City : Plymouth UK
Hobbies : Photography, Skating ,Wishing for red dots
Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:16 am

I think it should be only for gw2 and dont post it on ratasum toilet
Slowly give it to people as they join the guild and inform them that it should be for people to use while representing aol, makes very good sence imo.

neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:18 am

Chat with Amer, Dayle, Ratche, Aura tonight on the new vent.
ideas are as follows-
1. The vent is for AoL right now first and foremost. Get Guildies, especially those going into 2 logged onto it and setup.
2. If it is decided this will be for more than AoL, such as adding in the current Guilds going to same server as us, then there will need to be a donate feature to allow for expanding the slots as needed using PayPal.
3. Server Admin accounts will be set as "reserved" so they are always able to log in. But Admins need to be kept under control and not add everyone and their brother as an Admin.
4. No one is keen on having Guest accounts with full access instead of a Padded Room. Goes back to there being free servers people can play on or use other free methods (skype). Questionable whether can track if someone is actually contributing to the "Rep" of a Guild with access to the vent, needs further discussion.
5. Server admins at this time simply are those who logged in tonight: myself, Aura, Ratche, Dayle, Amer to get setup.
6. Vent info has not been passed on outside of the Guild, it DOES however appear in our Guild-Status Tab.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:31 am

Ok i have 2 cents

One is on the guild roster in gw2 you can see who is not representing, also if a guest is doing dungeons with someone from aol he can join to represent on that run and still be member of his main guild, this is where the multi guild system work.

Two, dont post it on the forum open area and if it is on gw1 i guess it might spread over the alliance...

Vent server password should change every now and then, best way to keep unwanted guests away
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:36 am

Removed from our GW 1 Status-Tab- only person that saw was I believe Joshua.... we need a plan :/ not sure how or what but if we are having this as a Guild-Only vent... need a way to manage the access?

agree on the server pw... we use to rotate it so that existing accounts didnt do anything, only new ones signing on for the first time were impacted.

@ Neo- if an Ally-Guild comes to Blackgate with us, are we offering use of the Vent or no?
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:47 am

Its hard to say because even tho they are good friends making a channel for them will be no use for aol, this was my concern about not having a ingame reason to keep aliances, even if the web chat room works, each guild will be representing their own guild there is no reason to talk to them since we are not going to group with them for pve at least.

For wvw is not needed also

So i dont see a good reason for sharing the vent with other guilds

Sad but true the alliance spirit is dead on gw2
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:50 am

If u think about it, the rep system almost if not totaly kills pugs
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:13 am

i don't mind as a community to keep the alliance alive but im not sure how that will work

i guess we have to wait and see
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:28 am

Added Beau as a vent-admin.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:35 am

*bows head for the spirit of GW 1 Alliance* We had a great run though! Cool
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amer Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:45 am

I think it could be useful in WvW if say boom comes. So we can all work together. But again maybe we can bring it back up if we see it is necessary. Right now with so much in the air, AoL is the focus, but might be nice to see what happens in the future. We dont know what shape AoL will take GW2. I can easily see weekend wvw events with other guilds in the server.
Amer
Amer
Level 50

Male
Number of posts : 537
Hobbies : GW, Music, LOST, Killer Bunnies, My Family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:50 am

It will be interesting if we are opposing our old allies in WvWvW.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:29 pm

I think so much is ''up in the air" until GW2 actually starts... then the peices will fall into place and we will now what to do about different guilds and who can or cannot be on vent... I think if different guild are interested in being on our vent when GW2 starts...say if BOOM is in our server, pay pal can be set up thru to you Neo or whoever to make that happen...but until then... it should be solely ours... People may get upset at this... but we still need to protect our own.... meaning AoL. They will NOT be with us in GW2 so they should just have to deal with it... and if not...as Kiera and Ratche found out... oh well... sad...but that's how it is. Neutral
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 782
City : Worcester Ma USA
Hobbies : reading, time with kids
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:31 pm

I agree with what yaw folks said. People may be mad but that's just how its going to be.

Mighty
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:24 pm

I think if BOOM goes to Blackgate, we should consider providing access to the Vent with the understanding AoL has first dibs. By that I mean if we set names as reserved, they will always get onto the Vent (if it's full- someone not flagged as reserved gets kicked off it randomly'sh by the server).

WvWvW seems to function smoother from the vids I'm watching when the parties are on vent, and since we're fighting for the Powers of the Mist for server-wide buffs.... if they have people who are doing it and we do too.... it could make it a better experience and loads of wtf omg lmfao moments

In six-months when the current server is up, someone familiar how paypal works could take out a new server and have it funded by us all (AoL and BOOM) or even if AoL has grown to the point we need more than 50-slots it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Thoughts?
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:32 pm

When the time comes I will be willing to chip in for upgrade costs. With the potential for a 500 member guild, we may definitely need more than 50 slots. I would welcome BOOM, but I do agree and we should make it clear that it should be for AoL members first.

Just imagining the chaos in voice chat if we get a lot of people on at once. I know you've said we should discourage cliques, but with that many people I think it will be inevitable. Certain groups of people will just gravitate together out of common interests. We just have to be sure that they don't become too tight, exclusive, and non-communicative with the rest of the guild.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Amer Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:48 pm

I am in agreement. One of the many things about this game that I am excited about (Yes Dayle I am overly excited at just about everything) is the fact that for once, Guild Wars is truly a war of Guilds. Meaning the entire guild can participate at the same time. Its not just a party of 8 or 12. Can you imagine how cool it will be to have ALL of AoL and possibly Boom in a huge WvW fight!!! So i say yes give them access but with the understanding that it is limited and AoL gets first dibs.
Amer
Amer
Level 50

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:01 pm

im not going to disagree to bring them in, i think we should all be in the same guild

im very excited about huge guild groups even on pve area , i saw some in the betas and joined them .. it was awsome , i joined a group of about 30 people , it was very cool to ride with them. this group had already mixed of all races, first time i realize how huge the char and norn are compared to other races.

i will look into how to make a donations bucket with paypal for the future server payments.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:37 am

On a scale from one to Jesus on iceskates GW2 will be amazingly awesome. And what Beau said - I feel like cliques are destined to become an issue, I mean with the potential of having 500 active members, you have to find someone to hang out with. I feel like all we can do at that point would be to just promote familiarity so that people aren't afraid to go outside these cliques. I also would like to point out that since all the cliques will be under the same roof it may not be too bad to promote them!

Vent will be fun as well- can't wait to talk to folks again!

Mighty
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:59 am

Need some launch officers that will be around tomorrow afternoon *(saturday)* around 2:30-3pm EST to meet with BOOM peeps on vent, Captn & Saj and any others they choose to bring so vent setup for 2 can be discussed. Also I'm going to try to collar Elbryan at the same time as RLR has formally declared for Blackgate also... so perhaps more the merrier on vent for common events we share together .. we may be individual Guilds but we know each other and have had amazing wtf moments together over the years Very Happy and perhaps Blackgate server will just be a continuation of it.

Captn and I talked tonight and he's in full agreement with the donation bucket being out for the next six months once this is up, and also if not repping BOOM then gtfo the Vent, and it should be for GW 2 players not 1 as too complicated to manage. As he's pointed out... even in a FULL alliance with 10 guilds except for RoS and MC barely using, we rarely hit above 35-40 people on weekend nights here in States coming close to 50. The biggest problem mentioned was some bringing their friends onto the ally-vent for their own purposes... which we can easily say no to.

I've also let Nola of MC know as she joined us for the Deep run, it's not an alliance vent and she wouldnt be setup. Right now MC is eying Rall or w/e it is where they'll be.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:07 am

I'll be able to be there. (If I can drag my ass out of bed) Razz
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:11 am

Drag your ass Beau as I know Im nor going to hit all points i should
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by daylecampbell Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am

iwill be there for sure Smile
daylecampbell
daylecampbell
Level 55

Male
Number of posts : 564
City : Plymouth UK
Hobbies : Photography, Skating ,Wishing for red dots
Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:25 am

i would thinnk I should be around... unless I crash..another night of hardly any sleep... UGH... this is my fourth night... starting to drag!!
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 782
City : Worcester Ma USA
Hobbies : reading, time with kids
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Amer Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:30 am

Sorry I am moving Smile Sad. Smiley for moving, frowney not being able to get on.
Amer
Amer
Level 50

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:14 am

BOOM is going to setup using http://www.getgsc.com/
which is a free voice-chat (up to 200 slots) program. Captain and Saj are also setup on the AoL vent, but they are going to rely on the GSC program for BOOM fully unless something changes.

I've gone to GSC to poke around and downloaded it. I made a test server called AoL Blackgate. One good thing I've found so far is you can make a list of your "favorite" voice servers, so right now I have AoL and BOOM and could just double-click one to the other to switch between the two.

If anyone wants to also try GSC give it a go, perhaps this is an option if we are not doing a Guild-specific thing in GW 2, we could flop between our vent and this GSC that's wide open.

(I'm sure there's a hook somewhere but reading their ToS, Privacy, and trying to follow the links of who owns it, I haven't found yet.

My account name in GSC is Kiera9.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:20 pm

Please note (and huge thank you's to everyone who got onto GSC today) as a Guild we will continue to use Vent.

GSC is solely an optional feature that could become key I would see within WvW because its not a bunch of random people hopping onto our Guild's vent to coordinate. The voice-quality on GSC has ups and downs, and for what ever reason- Silas can actually TALK on the damn thing but vent supresses him so he cant (anyone feel inquisitive to poke around and find out why that is? In the year plus he's been in AoL this is the first time I've actually HEARD him talking.)
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amer Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:27 am

We need a step by step process for a noob to set up vent like you have for creating an account. I was totally confused at first and for the techno unsavy it might be helpful to have a step by step guild to setting up vent.
Amer
Amer
Level 50

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:38 am

O honestly dint remember installing vent, was it that bad? do you have time to screencap step by step installing it and can do?
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:23 am

I think I screwed up my administrator status on Vent. Unless, it was taken from me. I may have accidentally loaded the regular AoL profile onto myself when trying to do it for someone else.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content