Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GW2 problems

4 posters

Go down

GW2 problems Empty GW2 problems

Post by SimoneNoTsukaima Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:25 pm

Ok, apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong section here but I need some help. :/

So, when I prepurchased GW2 I got it for my girlfriend too. Smile All seemed well though due to one thing or another she hasn't managed to play it yet. Sad So, I was delighted when she said she'd be able to play in the last stress test (the openly revealed one, not the LAST last "cloak and dagger" sneaked one I have reason to believe occurred around when HoM calc was down).

However, after GW2 had finally updated fully, when she tried to play it said she didn't meet the minimum system requirements. Sad I find this somewhat strange, because (I *think* during BWE3) she was going to play but when she sorted things out she WAS able to log in but it was saying something was corrupted and wouldn't let her make a char (something related to me splitting my dat file and transferring it to her via USB the remerging it I fear but w/e)...I later found out about the way you can apply "-repair" to the shortcut to fix that kinda crap but it was too late and she ended up going to bed.

So, it's partially my fault I guess...(I should've checked SysSpecs with her etc ...but eh) but I'm really ****ed off now because I'm having trouble finding any way to sort this crap out (we were supposed to go a PC store today and maybe ask people stuff there but I don't think that'll happen now. Blame the weather mainly!) What I'd like you guys to give me, if you know of anything, is:
Suggestions of decent (and I guess not TOO expensive) video cards that will do for GW2
Uhh...that's it for now I guess, hope you guys can help.

SimoneNoTsukaima
Level 0

Guild : Liars Cheats and Thieves
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-10-23

Back to top Go down

GW2 problems Empty Re: GW2 problems

Post by The Beau Brothers Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:37 pm

Tiger Direct or Newegg are the best places to check for good deals on graphics cards. You can just enter in the specifications of your computer and they will show you the compatible cards that are available.

If you aren't sure about looking that stuff up for yourself, let me know the make and model of your computer and I can help out if you wish.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeze_XJ Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:23 pm

*nods
Do you have anything yet? I could try to talk you through exploring her computer, but if you are already supplied with new stuff (almost any graphics card fits, and as long as you skip the very cheap ones (the problem is that there's TONS of different types... they really confuse folks) you'd be good. Razz

Freeze_XJ
Level 7

Male
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heros
Number of posts : 78
City : Cheesehead Country aka the Netherlands
Hobbies : pestering computers
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by SimoneNoTsukaima Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Hey guys, sorry for not checking back here...but yea, there may have been a misunderstanding on here part or something...GW2 has been working for her on her laptop since not long after I posted this now. Though sadly she has a little constant lag which is fucking awful for stuff like jumping puzzles... -__- So while she'll probably be getting a new laptop soonish, I think we won't need any more help from you guys right now. Thanks for trying to help out though. Smile

SimoneNoTsukaima
Level 0

Guild : Liars Cheats and Thieves
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:30 pm

i was going to say i have a more or less old card and it works very well

Nvidia 8800 GTX 512 MB

this is so old you might not be able to buy it anymore
neoteo