Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions About Starting a Guild Raffle.

4 posters

Go down

Questions About Starting a Guild Raffle.  Empty Questions About Starting a Guild Raffle.

Post by The Beau Brothers Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:38 pm

I would like to start a raffle, hopefully this weekend/tonight to try and lure people to the forum. I would like some input on how we should do it. I am thinking 5 or 10 silver per entry. (I'm leaning towards 10s) Should we allow for multiple entries? Should all funds go to the winner or portions be saved for the Guild Bank? Any other idea on how this should be implemented. How frequently should we do it? I'm thinking starting it on Fridays and having the drawing on Thursday. Also we should have rotating moderators so everyone could participate.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Questions About Starting a Guild Raffle.  Empty Re: Questions About Starting a Guild Raffle.

Post by The Beau Brothers Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Also, should we let people choose their own numbers? Like the old 1 to 100.

The /roll command also doesn't work in the game, so how can we do a visible roll or drawing. Can we just trust the moderator to be fair. I think we can trust each other, but newer members may be suspect.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Questions About Starting a Guild Raffle.  Empty Re: Questions About Starting a Guild Raffle.

Post by vickster Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:51 am

that was the big discussion when I suggested "pick a number game" that they didn't trust me... (or as they said later...it was only a joke) but the point was.. people said it... so I never introduced it... it was for prizes.. but I say.. give it a try. If people want to play... then they just need to trust the officer who is doing it and wish everyone luck.. I say throw whaever numbers they picked in a bowl...shake it up and pick one... whoever number it is... wins. simple!! Can it be video taped and put on youtube and put up here?? I have the slightest idea how that works but is it possible?? (btw.. I want 7) I say 10 s a number is cool.... and I will help if you need some....
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 782
City : Worcester Ma USA
Hobbies : reading, time with kids
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:30 pm

vickster wrote:!! Can it be video taped and put on youtube and put up here??

One Massive skype call?
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:52 am

I was thinking of Skype as well but then it kind of becomes personal... Could do this on Vent to "force" members to setup their accounts ^^
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:15 am

good call Yuri!!! Forces them to get on the forum too!!! hehehehehe
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 782
City : Worcester Ma USA
Hobbies : reading, time with kids
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down