Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to go farming

+2
neoteo
Yuri Mortenzen
6 posters

Go down

Where to go farming Empty Where to go farming

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:37 am

Hey all,

I've been playing for a bit now and I have realized that GW2 is not as "casual" as I thought it could have been... Basically, following the story line and doing some mapping at the same time will not give you the opportunity to loot enough mats to level up your crafting. So I thought it could be useful to put up a list with some efficient farming spots you may use for everybody to benefit from.

In this list, I only consider mats that cannot be acquired from nodes like metals and veggies (i.e. vial of thin blood, etc...) so post your spots and I'll update the main post when possible.

Tier 1
Bone Chip: Kill grawls in wayfarer foothills in the cave near grawlenfjord (Thanks D-Shadow)

Tiny Claw: Kill the river drakes in Queensdale. Better way is circling the water around the Shaemoor Garrison. Those drakes also drop Tiny Scales.

Pile of Glittering Dust: Low level ghosts in various places in Plains of Ashford (Thanks D-Shadow)

Tiny Fang

Tiny Scale: Kill the river drakes in Queensdale. Better way is circling the water around the Shaemoor Garrison. Those drakes also drop Tiny Claws.

Tiny Totem

Tiny Venom Sac: In Queensdale by doing the apple farm events and killing the spiders there (south west corner) (Thanks D-Shadow)

Vial of Weak Blood: I've found killing the Harpies in South West area of Queensdale to be quite efficient (Altar's Windings).

Tier 2
Bone Shard

Small Claw: Killing Arctodus in Snowden Drifts (South of Lornar's waypoint) can loot Thin Blood, Small Claws and Small Fangs.

Pile of Shimmering Dust

Small Fang: Killing Arctodus in Snowden Drifts (South of Lornar's waypoint) can loot Thin Blood, Small Claws and Small Fangs.

Small Scale

Small Totem

Small Venom Sac: Fireflies and Spiders in Gendarran Fields just outside LA. They respawn pretty quickly, are easy to aggro and there's a merchant nearby (Plus no travel time or teleport money required)

Vial of Thin Blood: Killing Arctodus in Snowden Drifts (South of Lornar's waypoint) can loot Thin Blood, Small Claws and Small Fangs. If looking for Thin Blood only, try killing Cliff Bats in Gendarran Fields (Broadhollow Bluffs)

Tier 3
Bone: The Jotun mobs in Dredgehaunt Cliffs are easy to farm and drop Bones and Totems. They are located in The Wide Expanse where you can also gather cabbages.
Claw

Pile of Radiant Dust: Find a way to the Ruins of Demetra located in Harathi Highlands and slay the different ghosts in that area.

Fang: I have found killing the Icebrood Wolves in Dredgehaunt Cliffs (Moutain's Tail area) to be quite effective as you also get to kill Sons of Svanir at the same time who drop Totems and Icy Bags.

Scale: Lashtail Devourers located in in Blazeridge Steppes (Terra Carorunda waypoint). There's lots of them and they're fairly fast to kill. Also a lot of gathering to be done in that area (iron ores, gold ores)

Totem: The Jotun mobs in Dredgehaunt Cliffs are easy to farm and drop Bones and Totems. They are located in The Wide Expanse where you can also gather cabbages.

Venom Sac
Vial of Blood

Tier 4
Heavy Bone
Sharp Claw
Pile of Luminous Dust
Sharp Fang
Smooth Scale
Engraved Totem
Full Venom Sac
Vial of Thick Blood

Tier 5
Large Bone
Large Claw: Kill wolves in Fireheart Rise just north of Breaktooth's waypoint for Large Fangs and Large Claws. Can also try White Moa's around the Jormag area(Thanks Beau)

Pile of Incandescent Dust

Large Fang: Kill wolves in Fireheart Rise just north of Breaktooth's waypoint for Large Fangs and Large Claws.

Large Scale: Barracuda in lake North West of Frostgorge Sound (Thanks Tank)

Intricate Totem
Potent Venom Sac

Vial of Potent Blood: Alpine Minotaurs in Frostgorge Sound just north of the Arudon Waypoint. Other viable option is killing Karka (Thanks Tank)

Tier 6
Ancient Bone: Undead in cursed shores (Thanks D-Shadow)

Vicious Claw
Pile of Crystalline Dust
Vicious Fang

Armored Scale: Barracuda in lake North West of Frostgorge Sound (Thanks Tank)

Elaborate Totem: Grawls near firesnake trail waypoint in Frostgorge Sounds (Thanks D-Shadow)

Powerful Venom Sac

Vial of Powerful Blood: Karka (Thanks Tank), Breeze Riders in south sun cove (Thanks D-Shadow)

Notes:

There is something in GW2 called "Diminishing Returns" when it comes to farming. That means if you kill the same mobs in the same area for too long, your drop rate will get worse. It is recommended not to farm the same spot for more than 45~60 minutes.

For good random drops farm the centaur camp in WvW for heavy supply sacks. Those drop tier 5 and 6 mats, cores, and lodestones.

Farm any high level dredge area for heavy miner sacks and those drop 5/6, cores, and lodestones too.

(I think this is nerfed now) Incadescent dust, crystalline dust, ancient bone, large bone, potent venom, powerful venom - Used to get a large amount farming pentient pathway events w/ MF armor.

Last edited by Yuri Mortenzen on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:54 pm; edited 12 times in total
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Where to go farming Empty Re: Where to go farming

Post by neoteo Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:26 am

awsome work ... im still years of light away from knowing all that is
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:28 am

I'll be honest... I didn't know there was anything higher than tier 3...I'm so far away from all that...lol
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 782
City : Worcester Ma USA
Hobbies : reading, time with kids
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tank the lor Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:59 pm

powerful/potent blood - Karka (really high drop rate for potent, at least when I was killing them for monthly)

Also for good random drops farm the centaur camp in WvW for heavy supply sacks. Those drop tier 5 and 6 mats, cores, and lodestones.

Farm any high level dredge area for heavy miner sacks and those drop 5/6, cores, and lodestones too.

Large scale/Armored scale - I seem to get an ok amount when just messing around in the lake in northwest Frostgorge killing barracuda.

(I think this is nerfed now) Incadescent dust, crystalline dust, ancient bone, large bone, potent venom, powerful venom - Used to get a large amount farming pentient pathway events w/ MF armor.
tank the lor
tank the lor
Level 12

Male
Number of posts : 120
City : Murfreesboro
Hobbies : Playing with bacteria and parasites
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Thank Tank, I've included your suggestions as well as some notes on diminishing returns.

This is shaping up into something useful Smile
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:49 pm

im moving this thread to armory
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:57 am

for bonechips the grawls in wayfarer foothills( the cave near grawlenfjord
tiny venomsacks in queensdale by doing the applefarm events and killing the spiders there ( south west corner)
glittering dust...low level ghosts especially in various places in plains of ashford

for most high end stuf aka ancient bones/powerful blood/ elaborate totems..
undead in cursed shores for ancient bones.. powerfulblood karkas and breese riders in south sun cove,...elaborate totems can be farmed from grawls near firesnake trail waypoint infrostgorge soudns(also note all 3 drops in fractals frequently)
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male
Guild : army of lightness [aol]
Number of posts : 414
City : helsinki
Registration date : 2010-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Large Claw's and Vicious Claw's drop from White Moa's around the Jormag area and Icebrood Colossus near there on the Shattered Ice Floe. Large Claw's drop more frequently. The drop rate for Vicious Claw's is terrible.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content