Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The heart of AoL

+2
Judge
Akroma
6 posters

Go down

The heart of AoL Empty The heart of AoL

Post by Akroma Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:48 pm

I feel a general statement needs to be made to shed some light and open some peoples eyes up. At the core of it all this is a game - have fun with it. If we're going to be a huge guild (which comes very easily to us) and have fun with alot of people and several other guilds who wish to follow in our foot steps there needs to be some structure, guidelines, etc. Unfortunate in my opinion, yet true.

What makes us so great? Honestly - think about it. What makes us truly stand out amongst all the thousands of guilds out there trying to do as great as we have? Are we truly a helpful guild? Should we be doing more guild events and planned things for the members?

I think we have no problem trying to organize groups to go and do things. However when it comes to pvp its not as strong. Quite a few people want to do gvg and pvp related things and its always been a struggle to get some of that rolling as easily as pve. It's a process and it'll work out over time, but the effort has to be put forth.

As for the helpful guild topic - well I think that we do what we can when we can. Helping people can be a touchy thing. I personally have set ground rules for myself and I definately show that. I DO NOT help somebody who is whiney or is just not trying at all. Some people have a "do it for me" attitude. I refuse to help somebody who atleast has not tried and failed. I'm all for playing with people - always have been, always will. If you have not tried and got your ass handed to you, dont bother asking.

Yet on the other end. Even if people dont need help, offer some - it shows we care for our members and want to party with more people that you do not know as well yet! Even spending 15 minutes to help somebody to go and do one mission or quest can make a great impact on an individual. Not alot of time to take out of your few hours online, and WELL worth the effort.

Every guild has people come and go. Its just a natural thing. However stop and think about it. what makes people leave a guild? "I'm going to a friends guild." or "Nobody does pvp with me." Well perhaps the person who left just didnt make any friends in our guild. Was it our fault? OR did this person not put forth the effort to make any friends. Did he or she just sign on, do their usual routine, not say hello or goodbye, and left themself out of all the fun? The people who tend to be social become well known and tend to have far more fun with alot of others. For the social hermits, we can only put forth our 50% to try what we can on our end, its up to them to bring the other 50%. Bottom line: we all sign onto GW for our own personal reasons and to have fun for ourselves, but dont forget a real person and a new friend are far better than ANY hero or henchmen. Dont be affraid to teach somebody either.

As for trouble makers, they'll always eventually weed themselves out of the crowd and find the door one way or another. They have never lasted in the past, and never will in the future. Dont bother sinking into the drama. Everybody makes their own personal image, their words and actions reflect them as a person NOT THEIR GUILD! If you get worked up from ONE person, do not bring the rest of the 99 guild members down and say the guild sucks or is horrible - have more sense than that. Bring up the problem to a person of authority (i've posted the guild leaders and officers on a separate post) and let them take care of it. If this person is already of authority then bring it up to a person of higher authority, duh. If it gets extreme bring it to me, I'll tend to it IMMEDIATELY.

No matter how we look at the big picture, these are words to live by as far as i'm concerned. We all come home from work and want to sign on and have fun. These are our friends, people that some of us see and talk to more than the people we live with in some cases. Add any comments you'd like.
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

The heart of AoL Empty Re: The heart of AoL

Post by Judge Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:56 pm

akroma you never cease to amaze me. every post you have made is well thought out and extremely important. everyone should make an attempt to read what you post. you know i and the other officers have your back and i know we'll try to make AoL even stronger.
Judge
Judge
Level 33

Male
Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:16 pm

great post, The heart of AoL is still beating
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:01 pm

If anyone has to ask what we said for please direct them to this post

it'll save us drama and most of all our good buddy another speech Wink

iam right withya akroma!

Mighty
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:35 am

i agree with everything , but would like to add that for pvp when we talk about TA , HA and GVG .. it requres a level of esperience that a person without it can think of it as NOT fun.
player with experience want a group with everyone on vent and especialy a good leader ..
good leader that is a hard spot to fill , cose everything can go roung .. and the reasons for it normaly go to the leader of the party. People should understand that it takes more then one game to test a build ,that its not just the build , its the way each player use it also , ofcorse.
this requires a level of organization and maturity to lose games and not feel the blame that not everyone enjoys.
so , its kinda normal pvp groups are harder to make then pve groups.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:36 pm

definately most attitudes in pvp are "know it alls"
and sense most of us "know nothings" (no offense)
this automatic creates a playing field ppl may find
"unfun" but it takes time and dedication the good
thing about that however is that it'll weed out those
thats are loyal to the cause

but it takes time, patience, dedication, and team work

Mighty
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyPsyko Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:15 pm

To be Effective in PvP, You really need to practice and be committed to it. So for those "Know Nothings" to be come "Know it Alls" they need to start from the bottom, and work their way up by doing what the rest of us "Know It Alls" did.

You have to show you are interested, then you have to study and study and study before you are able to implement yourself in a working team. This means do RA, watch YouTube Videos, and watch the HA matches to learn the ropes. And Also, don't feel bad about asking the "Know It Alls" questions, because more than likely they will be able to point you in the right direction.
TonyPsyko
TonyPsyko
Level 27

Male
Number of posts : 276
City : Springfield IL
Hobbies : Wrestling, Guitar, GW, GIRLS! Play Rangers Mainly... love PvP~ Game Name - Psyko Suicide - {AoL} PvP
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyPsyko Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:17 pm

And I enjoy all aspects of the game, and I have done my share of learning through study and invention. You don't have to feel like you are the bottom of the crop, and you won't if you become interactive with the alliance, and in the forums, and in the game itself.

That goes for life in general. Find something you like and perfect it, then do it again with something else. That is how you achieve superiority
TonyPsyko
TonyPsyko
Level 27

Male
Number of posts : 276
City : Springfield IL
Hobbies : Wrestling, Guitar, GW, GIRLS! Play Rangers Mainly... love PvP~ Game Name - Psyko Suicide - {AoL} PvP
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down