Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I just attract unfriendly guild behavior?

5 posters

Go down

Do I just attract unfriendly guild behavior? Empty Do I just attract unfriendly guild behavior?

Post by wrazgunas Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:15 am

Hello, I've been a long time player of GW-1 and have continued to be active
on GW-2. Most of you that know me recognize that I am generally quiet
and am shy about participating in Guild activities.

I generally believe that the Army of Lightness guild is probably the best guild
around. I am a 58 year old guy and am just playing for the fun of it. I do not
consider that I will ever be as good as many of you with regard to gaming skills.

On GW-2, I have been left behind on guild activities twice recently. That
is twice out of 2 events. As you can see, I am part of the guild but not
particularly active. Being left behind does not make me want to be part of more
activities. Did I tell someone? The first time, I messaged my team and
asked them what I was supposed to do. The leader asked if anyone could see me on the
map. When they couldn't identify where I was, they proceeded without me
and said nothing more to me. I talked to one of the guild leaders about it
later. We discussed possible problems i.e. everyone in the guild activity
was on Mumble except for a few of us. I wasn't the only one to be short changed.

Last weekend, I participated in a guild bounty. I made it clear that I
wanted to take part but didn't have any idea what I was
supposed to do. The leader of my party indicated that was OK. I informed
everyone that I was on Mumble but my microphone didn't work. Then I waited.
and waited...and waited. After waiting, I whispered to my group leader and asked
what was going on. He told me that they had departed to a particular way point
and gave me the link. When I clicked on it, I found it taking me to a section
of the map that I hadn't been to yet. (I have only completed 41% of the
map)

When I informed my leader, he told me to go to Gedarran fields "and just
run around." (I could have done this without being part of any guild.)
Note that my listening in on Mumble didn't help! As it is, I am considering
abandoning the guild. There is no room for a quiet older guy. However,
I don't think I am the only person who has this complaint.

I find this kind of forgetfulness to be quite unacceptable. Is it that hard to
organize a team of 4 players such that you can't keep track of one member?
Are your feelings of excitement so overwhelming that you can't remember
to inform your team what is going on to make sure everyone is on board?
If you are that excited, should you reach down and see if you also wet
your pants?

Do you want me to give names of group leaders?

Joshua Eleesha

wrazgunas
Level 4

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 46
City : Ann Arbor
Hobbies : Jewelry Design
Registration date : 2010-10-09

Back to top Go down

Do I just attract unfriendly guild behavior? Empty Re: Do I just attract unfriendly guild behavior?

Post by The Beau Brothers Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:21 am

Hey Joshua,

I apologize for overlooking you during the Guild Bounty. It seemed I was having to try to explain things to everyone. We were all a bit of a mess. Don't feel bad about not knowing what was going on. Most did not. Once we started, we only had 15 minutes to complete the mission, so I think everyone was overly excited. For future reference on the Guild Bounty, I have a guide posted in Armory.

If you wish to make more specific allegations, you can send me a Private Message (PM) here. We have had some issues with people complaining about similar problems. In some dungeons it is easier to finish certain parts before going back for people, but they should always go back for downed members or at least stay out of combat long enough for you to catch a Waypoint rez.

Our officers, especially, need to be more patient and willing to train. We need to make sure that the guild is fun for everyone not just the star players. If we take the time to train people, then we will have more people to play with in the long run. Grab my attention one day if you see me on. We can chat about anything you are unsure about. Take you through a dungeon in non-speed clear mode Very Happy
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Do I just attract unfriendly guild behavior? Empty Re: Do I just attract unfriendly guild behavior?

Post by The Beau Brothers Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:42 pm

PS. In the bounty, the part that most people did not get. Before we started the timer, I wanted people to look up the 15 possible bounties on the site that I had shared. Choose one and start searching for it. That way we can find them in advance. Then, once we start the timer all we have to do is kill them.

We went off pretty crazy because only a few people had signed up in advance and knew what they were doing.

But, it is all good! Very Happy We will get it figured out next time.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:48 pm

I am sorry... saying that we're new to it is a minimal excuse. I've tried to make sure everyone is in a party, but (thank you for posting) - I guess the message is lost or we don't advertise enough.
Next time I/we will private message everyone in the guild to make sure everyone understands if they wish to participate.
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1097
City : Mid-Atlantic USA
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:48 pm

Sorry that this happened to you and anyone else for that matter too, also i'm sorry if i happened to be one of them, I don't at least I think.. Sad Because really in my opinion I find this unacceptable for you and or anyone to be rudely left behind... I hope you stay with AoL - because as you said we ARE the best guild out in Blackgate Very Happy I hope you are not left behind for the 3rd time.

And don't be shy - when you see a dungeon being formed up in guild chat join in! Tell the group your new in this IDK if pugs will as understanding but as guildies we should tell you the basics. If i'm ever in that group ill explain what ever we're doing because not only will it help you, it will help the team too.
See you in-game Very Happy
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:26 pm

Finnguala wrote:I am sorry... saying that we're new to it is a minimal excuse. I've tried to make sure everyone is in a party, but (thank you for posting) - I guess the message is lost or we don't advertise enough.
Next time I/we will private message everyone in the guild to make sure everyone understands if they wish to participate.

I agree with Finn about the being new to it thing. That said, I know that this doesn't represent the guild as a whole, nor do I think that those who do it do it all the time. We should definitely make more concerned efforts to make sure if there are people who want to do something. As for not being able to do something because you don't have the waypoint, I don't think there's much we can do to make it so you're able to do the event. However, there are much better ways to tell you that you're unable instead of saying just run around Gendarren Fields.
Logan
Logan
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1021
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down