Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adult/Sexual Language in Guild Chat

+3
Zero
Blank De Ratche
The Beau Brothers
7 posters

Go down

Adult/Sexual Language in Guild Chat Empty Adult/Sexual Language in Guild Chat

Post by The Beau Brothers Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:29 pm

Last night the conversation in guild chat became quite graphic. Personally, this does not bother me. However, we probably have members under the age of 17. I am pretty sure Finn can handle that type of conversation, but I'm not so sure about others. (or more precisely their parents... I know most kids could peel paint with their language.)

I want to throw this out to the guild to get a feel for what we want. If we, as a guild, do not mind that type of language, I think we should restrict membership to 17+. If we want to keep the guild open to all ages, we need to put a stop to that kind of language any time we see it.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Adult/Sexual Language in Guild Chat Empty Re: Adult/Sexual Language in Guild Chat

Post by Blank De Ratche Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:30 pm

Personally it doesn't bother me, but The way we used to do it worked before. If someone asks you to stop, you stop. simple as that.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Adult/Sexual Language in Guild Chat Empty Re: Adult/Sexual Language in Guild Chat

Post by Zero Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:37 pm

Blank De Ratche wrote:Personally it doesn't bother me, but The way we used to do it worked before. If someone asks you to stop, you stop. simple as that.

I'm petty much there with Ratch. It does not bother me personally but I can not say that the same way with all the members, some could be offended by that. I don't know. But any conversation gets too graphical or passes that "line" and your asked to stop, you stop it. We could implement some sort of filter-rule that doesn't let guild chat pass the "line" but stay on the line? I was AFK when that happened last night so I don't know what happened. Neutral
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:21 pm

my kid that plays he is so young he doesnt even read any chat going on .. he just kills stuff and do hearts and vistas.

but yeah ..
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:27 pm

I should add like zero said, that there are adults that are offended by conversations like that too. Until I hear complaints, I guess I will just ignore it. I just don't want to scare people off.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:11 pm

Was not there either so I can't really tell... In my personal opinion, I'd tolerate some level of "teasing" but if it becomes cybersex I'd probably step in and ask them politely to /whisper each other...
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:17 am

I think if we do it the way we did it in the past works. I don't think the guild is raunchy, so the 17+ thing isn't necessary IMO. But the thing is, a lot of the time it's harmless joking. But sometimes even joking goes to far for some people. So I think we should go by the policy that if someone says stop, then it stops. People can get on mumble, party chat, or pm if they want to continue.
Logan
Logan
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1021
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Venora Tulka Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:18 pm

Well, from what I remembered of the other night, was we were pretty much "beating around the bush" until someone who was rather intoxicated didn't notice said bush and crashed into it. xD

But hey, that happens, and I will admit that I sometimes forget that the guild chat is a very public thing. I try my best to not say anything too graphic, but my sense of humor tends to stray to the inappropriate side.

I agree with we should just try to stay away from being too blunt and using words that can't be filtered out of the censor, and if anyone at all shows even the slightest hint of being uncomfortable, we should honor that person and stop completely.

I apologize if anything I have ever said has been a little too over the line!
Venora Tulka
Venora Tulka
Level 3

Female
Number of posts : 34
City : Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hobbies : Video Games, Horror, Architecture & Design, Kittens.
Registration date : 2013-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:11 pm

Venora Tulka wrote: someone who was rather intoxicated

Hey, I wasn't that drunk.

Lol I couldn't help it, sorry
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:20 pm

You were that drunk
Logan
Logan
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1021
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:45 pm

I'm not blaming anyone! I'm just asking the question. If nobody is offended, then no harm is done. Like I said, I don't mind. I just wanted to get a feel from others. Like the others said, if someone says something about it in chat, we should nip it in the bud. Otherwise, it's all good Very Happy
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Venora Tulka Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:00 pm

Zero wrote:
Venora Tulka wrote: someone who was rather intoxicated

Hey, I wasn't that drunk.

Lol I couldn't help it, sorry

Lol Shhh Zero. I would be calling the kettle black if I thought it was a problem. c;

The Beau Brothers wrote:I'm not blaming anyone! I'm just asking the question. If nobody is offended, then no harm is done. Like I said, I don't mind. I just wanted to get a feel from others. Like the others said, if someone says something about it in chat, we should nip it in the bud. Otherwise, it's all good Very Happy

Well I'm glad you brought it up, Beau, it's good to get it out and make sure everyone is okay. c:
Venora Tulka
Venora Tulka
Level 3

Female
Number of posts : 34
City : Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hobbies : Video Games, Horror, Architecture & Design, Kittens.
Registration date : 2013-03-12

Back to top Go down