Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xbox one

+5
Logan
Yuri Mortenzen
The Beau Brothers
FatherMike
neoteo
9 posters

Go down

xbox one  Empty xbox one

Post by neoteo Wed May 22, 2013 2:00 am

neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

xbox one  Empty Re: xbox one

Post by FatherMike Wed May 22, 2013 2:29 am

Yeah... that seems about right...
FatherMike
FatherMike
Level 1
Level 1

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 14
City : San Francisco
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Wed May 22, 2013 2:34 am

Yeah.... I think I'll pass LOL.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Wed May 22, 2013 2:37 am

Yeah that's more or less what I got from the whole presentation...

"This is the new generation of Xbox where you will enjoy the new Halo [pause] TV series" then everybody left the room...

Some people are actually quite pumped about this... Oh! While I'm at it... You'll have to pay extra to play previously owned games... Nice!
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Wed May 22, 2013 3:27 am

the only way this will survive is if its hacked the first week that comes out and people start downloading games , play old games without paying , instaling windows 8 , linux and osx on it ... if not , its dead
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Wed May 22, 2013 4:36 am

Honestly I think people are giving it a little too much unfair crap. It's a console reveal 2 weeks before E3. They aren't gonna show a ton of games because then what do they do during the E3 press conference? It was a good reveal in my opinion. The tech seemed sound. Pre-rendered cutscenes yes, but if those are that good on the system, then that's a decent indication of the in game graphics. I'll reserve judgement once E3 is finished, but at this moment, I'm definitely going Wii U, Xbox One, and PC (well ok, Mac until I save enough for a gaming rig).
Logan
Logan
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1021
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Wed May 22, 2013 4:43 am

Well, while I'm not saying the console is bad, you have to admit that once someone has paid full price for one of their games, having to pay AGAIN because you've bought it second hand is kind of being robbed...

Someone buys it for 60$, then I buy it from him for 10$... End of story, why should I also pay Microsoft a game they've already sold and got paid for?
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Wed May 22, 2013 4:47 am

Yuri, I'd agree with you, until someone I know made a very good point. Steam does the same thing Microsoft is doing. In America, there is no such thing as a used PC game. CD Keys and other methods have made used PC sales nonexistent. In fact, most major retailers, if not all, do not buyback used PC games.

This is countered by relatively common sales, unless the game is massively popular. So basically, I think Microsoft is bringing PC practices to consoles. Now if they do the sales practice, I think more people will open up to it, since that's how it's done on PC. Personally, I buy all my games new, unless it's discontinued, so this doesn't affect me.
Logan
Logan
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Wed May 22, 2013 5:02 am

I buy most of my PS3 games second hand so that would affect me Smile But even if you take us out of the equation, once you've bought something it's yours and you should be able to sell it or lend it if you feel like it... That's why I hate stuff like DLC's you can't lend or resell...

And just because Steam took on a bad habit doesn't make it OK to do the same... Smile

Anyway, I always rant about shit developpers come up with... Like when the Wii came out, it was region locked... Why would Nintendo do that when the Nintendo DS wasn't? I know I was planning on buying a Wii when it came out, but since I'm here I could only get the korean version, which meant no english menus or anything, anf i a game wasn't available in English, I wouldn't have been able to buy it online and play here.

Other stupid stuff... When I bought Diablo 3, I found out that versions sold in Europe wouldn't work here because I wasn't playing from a computer that had european IP address... I h ad to buy the "international" version that cost more than any "local" version... So stupid! Just imagine you complete game collection stops working if you move to another country for work or studies... That's so lame...
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Wed May 22, 2013 5:09 am

The problem is that the days of a game being yours when you buy it are long gone. I remember those days, because I grew up with the SNES when that concept was real. You bought it, you owned it. Unfortunately, the attitude is that you do not buy the game, but that you buy a license to play the game. The game itself is not yours, only your ability to play it. Bad logic I agree, but that's how it is.
Logan
Logan
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed May 22, 2013 12:38 pm

All I know. If xbox 1 has internet fee, its a no go for me xD ill stick with my ps3 and compooter. Don't very much like the ps4 idea either
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Wed May 22, 2013 4:57 pm

I dislike the name of it.

I dislike the fact that it has no "backwards compatibility" (playing older games from the 360 and even the original).

The world of marketing is a cruel one.
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1097
City : Mid-Atlantic USA
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Venora Tulka Wed May 22, 2013 5:55 pm

I am going to wait until E3 before coming to a full conclusion, but so far my hair isn't standing on end -- especially with the Halo series announcement. I mean, come on, the miniseries has been out for a while, and goddamnit don't you dare Hollywood-ise one of my favorite game universes. *shakes fist angrily*

I'm more pumped for PS4.
Venora Tulka
Venora Tulka
Level 3

Female
Number of posts : 34
City : Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hobbies : Video Games, Horror, Architecture & Design, Kittens.
Registration date : 2013-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Wed May 22, 2013 6:23 pm

I feel like the PS4 announcement was worse. Touch plate on controller? Share button? Light bar? Honestly I felt so much less impressed with the PS4 than the Xbox One.

And Maddy, I'd trust Steven Spielburg with anything. That man makes gold with film.
Logan
Logan
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed May 22, 2013 7:56 pm

Venora Tulka wrote: especially with the Halo series announcement. I mean, come on, the miniseries has been out for a while, and goddamnit don't you dare Hollywood-ise one of my favorite game universes. *shakes fist angrily*

I second this xD
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Venora Tulka Wed May 22, 2013 9:20 pm

Logan wrote:I feel like the PS4 announcement was worse. Touch plate on controller? Share button? Light bar? Honestly I felt so much less impressed with the PS4 than the Xbox One.

And Maddy, I'd trust Steven Spielburg with anything. That man makes gold with film.

I think mostly I've just been more impressed with Playstation over the years, and so when next gen consoles get announced, my opinions get a little biased. But hey, I've always been a Coke AND Pepsi kind of gal -- so I know I'll get both no matter what. lol

Even a mastermind can make a flop. I just get a little antsy when video games get put into film. They're my babies!
Venora Tulka
Venora Tulka
Level 3

Female
Number of posts : 34
City : Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hobbies : Video Games, Horror, Architecture & Design, Kittens.
Registration date : 2013-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Thu May 23, 2013 6:49 am

what pisses me off with this machines is that they could be a lot more then a stupid box to connect to the tv ... ps3 did a great move at launch alowing people to install other OS ... and then remove it not sure why cose they got jailbreaked anyway.

i like windows more then OSX or any linux gui ... and i always prefer playstation .. never had a xbox, i tryed some games at the store and it felt wierd.

now i use my ps3 mainly to watch movies ... so i can say the xbox tv remote aproach is not a bad idea .. but for a launch they should IMO focus on the tech side .. because hardware launches are for hardware geeks ... the casual consumer will not watch people talking about a black box for 2 hours .. that is where in my opinion they failed completely.

they should be talking about giga flops multi cores and stuff that sounds like sci fi .. instead of showing stupid tv programs for house maids and american football for drunken husbands ...

rant off . i need to go back to work
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FatherMike Thu May 23, 2013 2:04 pm

Maybe I'm just one of the few people that want my gaming consoles to just play games. I don't need it to "take over my living room" I just want to play games on it! I'm sure it will be a great machine for some people, but it's just not for me.
FatherMike
FatherMike
Level 1
Level 1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Thu May 23, 2013 3:29 pm

Mike, can you actually explain that point of view to me because it's never made sense. If something has a bunch of added useful features that don't detract from the consoles ability to play amazing games, then where's the problem?
Logan
Logan
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FatherMike Thu May 23, 2013 3:37 pm

I would rather have them focus on making the game play experience more fun and come out with better exclusives. Sure they say they are coming out with 15 but I'm sure most of those will be for Kinect, now that Kinect is needed to use the system. Also adding in Halo, Forza, GoW, and few other xbox only franchises. Will these 15 exclusives really be all that great?

I just hope they spent as much time on the gaming aspect as they did the tv and sports. If they did, great! It might be a console worth looking into. So far the only Exclusives I've seen that I really want to play have been for the playstation.
FatherMike
FatherMike
Level 1
Level 1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Thu May 23, 2013 3:42 pm

I hear you there. I think the reveal for the X1 is basically being broken into two parts. The first part is the tech and new multimedia features. The second part, which is the E3 Microsoft conference, will no doubt focus more on games.
Logan
Logan
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard.7956 Thu May 23, 2013 10:53 pm

In my opinion the reveal was kinda weak, but I'm still getting it. I'm hoping they are just holding everything back for E3. Just I'm getting really annoyed with Xbox loving on Call of Duty so much. Honestly that game is utter garbage and needs to die like Guitar Hero finally did. But I love Xbox and Microsoft and cant wait to see what they bring to the table at E3.
Richard.7956
Richard.7956
Level 2

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 20
City : Orlando, FL
Hobbies : Gaming,Building models,and listening to music

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content