Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Understanding World vs World

3 posters

Go down

Understanding World vs World Empty Understanding World vs World

Post by Dal Niente Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:40 am

Understanding WvW

Before we begin please watch these videos:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

WvW can be very difficult to understand and grasp. Which map do I go to? What classes should I use? What do I do? Why are we losing so bad? These are all questions i'm sure you've had at one point or another. Some of the answers are simple and some can be rather complex.

I highly recommend you use Team Speak when in wvw. Take note of which servers are representing one of the three colors, RED, GREEN, and BLUE. Say we are blue for the week, chances are in Team Speak we are using Blue Team. (by chance if you need permissions to move around in Team Speak please let an officer know) Usually there is a commander for each map that is tagged up. Upon entering a world it might not always be safe to run right to the commander as you will face numerous enemies along the way. Team Speak and map chat should give you an idea of whats going on around the map as well as whats going down.

"Dal, i'm still lost". "I get to the commander but i'm not sure what to do, the commands seem off and I die a lot".

Please please please, if you are a heavy (Warrior, Guardian) take a look at a few of the WvW builds i've posted. They will keep you and your team mates alive in the heat of battle.

As for the commands the commander may give. "Drop the bomb" - Watch the tag, when the command is given drop all the aoe you can on their tag. That area becomes a kill zone, the opposing commanders will do the same. Try and pop any stability you may have so you can push with the commander. Ranged, stick to the sides. Keep pressure on the opposing force. They will call out for class utilities to be used at various times, which is why Team Speak is vital. A well placed veil or water-field can save lives and win battles.

"This is cool and all Dal, but i'm a PVP master and also not a fan of zergs"

Got you covered. Arena Net gave us blood lust points a few patches ago. There are five points in the middle of the map. To claim the blood lust buff (50 points to all stats I believe, which with food buffs is huge) you must control 3 of the 5 points at all times. Controlling these points usually involves a lot of one on one fights. Perfect for testing your skill and showing others what you are made of. If you have blood lust, you gain points for every enemy you use a finisher on "spikling"

"What if I don't want to roam solo, but not run with the zerg?"

Also got you covered. Usually these are havoc teams or zerg busters. Small teams with special builds that are able to take camps, keeps, and even smash the enemy zerg. You can ask in map chat if there is a havoc team running and join in... or you could be a part of the one i'm throwing together... just saying.

"Dal this is all good information, but I am still kinda lost"

No worries. If you happen to see me on, please message me. I will go over what points you should be putting your wvw experience into, how supply camps work, and if you have a problem with thieves, we'll kill a few.

AoL is a great environment to learn in. There is no all call and no one in this guild will yell at you. With the upcoming season I want everyone to be ready and able to fight in wvw should they want to. Of all the stuff i've posted about wvw I should have posted this first.
Dal Niente
Dal Niente
Level 3

Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2013-07-06

Back to top Go down

Understanding World vs World Empty Re: Understanding World vs World

Post by Blank De Ratche Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:33 pm

thank you dal, this is great info. I will say that as I always run WvW on my engi, I always stay a bit off the commander on attacks, but always within range. Just don't stand alone! most ranged will do this.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:47 am

I can see I'm missing out on so much.... I will have to take more interest in other activities besides running around trying to map areas...problem is I really stink at this game... hahaha
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 782
City : Worcester Ma USA
Hobbies : reading, time with kids
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dal Niente Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:51 am

The beauty of WvW is there is something for everyone to be good at. You can use siege weapons for defense/offense. You can be a scout. You can run supply and make repairs. You can run supply and build up siege. You can make a difference.

If you need help, any at all. Please, please. Let me know.
Dal Niente
Dal Niente
Level 3

Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2013-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down