Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Patch to kill annoying Scarlet

Go down

New Patch to kill annoying Scarlet Empty New Patch to kill annoying Scarlet

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:26 pm

Alright... Just wanted to know how you guys liked the new patch so far... There's my opinion so far:

LA is now open at all times and we can still exchange lost&founds and heirlooms which is a good thing. The content itself is just more of the same to me, not a major change from the previous one but I'd say it's not really a new story line but more a follow-up as there was only like 2 weeks between the two patches.

What gets me a bit is Anet's persistence in having zerg based content when you rely on PUG to be succesful. In this instance, for example, getting the toxic spider queen achievement is pretty annoying because most zerglings keep on hacking and slashing the spider when they should focus on the cocoons. I've also tried killing Scarlet twice and failed twice because some zerglings also feel like fighting an avatar all by themselves while most of the zerg is targeting another target is OK. And it also beats me as to why some people does not understand that infusion thingy on the Scarlet fight... and players not rezing... I kind of feel something we had in GW1, like, when you actually cared who was in your group, has been lost in GW2. We're just a mindless zerg grouping with others in order to get so called better loot rate or something. Some peeps do not even say "hi" and "bye" anymore...

Also what's up with Kasmeer being so annoying. They've completely messed up her face (check out her make up in the final cutscene before she kisses Marjory) and if you add the hiccup and the wining... Is she supposed to be a hero or not? Or is that Anet's picture of lesbians who got the "girl" role in the relationship? Bring back Xena princess warrior...! Oh, yeah, the kiss is also BS... It felt like "Marjory, you got owned... Luckily Yuri has defeated Scarlet and we now have to escapre 'cuz the whole thing is coming down, but first, let me kiss you... No tongue, I promise."

Last thing: Tormented Weapons... At first I was pleased to see them added to the game, but then kind of got pissed of when I realised it was obtainable at the black lion vendor. To be honest I always thought there would be a Tormented Armor skin or something, but to make it obtainable by the vendor is kind of "meh". I've seen the skins are up for sale on TP for like 90 gold, so one can basically get one for that price. What pinches my heart a bit is the time and dedication I had to put in GW1 to get those items... These were end-game elite areas farming that I could proudly display in my Hall of Monuments, but in GW2 anyone can equip them. They've lost their prestigious value in my eyes... Well, at least they're not horrible skins like the zodiacs.
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down