Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a volunteer to run a new Lottery.

+2
B E E Z
The Beau Brothers
6 posters

Go down

Looking for a volunteer to run a new Lottery. Empty Looking for a volunteer to run a new Lottery.

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:07 pm

It has been a while since our last lottery.  I would run it like I used to, but I am just to busy to do it justice.  

I'm looking for a volunteer to managed the new Lottery.

I was thinking of calling it something like "Two Year Anniversary Lotto".  

There was also discussion of keeping officers out of it for a few weeks.  Or, just forget the complainers and do it normal Very Happy

I liked the old way.  With something like 50% to 1st,  30% to 2nd, and 10% to 3rd.  10% Guild Tax.

Last edited by The Beau Brothers on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Looking for a volunteer to run a new Lottery. Empty Re: Looking for a volunteer to run a new Lottery.

Post by B E E Z Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:07 pm

I think Fenix was the only one whining about officers on lottos xD

Kitteez and I think that officers should be excluded from things that require in-depth knowledge of the game, since the contests are skewed unfairly in officers' favor since they tend to be older players.

Either way is fine by me though.

I'm not able to pay a ton of attention to things because of school now, but if you can't find anybody else I can run it. It will just be slow goin'.
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 1261
City : Charleston
Hobbies : stoofz
Registration date : 2013-12-01

Back to top Go down

Looking for a volunteer to run a new Lottery. Empty Re: Looking for a volunteer to run a new Lottery.

Post by Kittynne Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:02 am

Because I hate when I post a thread and there are a lot of views but very few replies, I am replying to say that I'm considering whether I want to take this on. Very Happy
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female
Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:31 am

We should let Dragnixx/Peo run the next lottery.

She posted something similar in the Activities section (since she obviously didn't know about us talking about one here)

I think it would be a good way to see how she does with officer work, and maybe we could use that to gauge promoting her sooner rather than later if all goes well?
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:12 pm

lol I love that she was thinking about it too! I feel like she is in my head. First she asks about being an officer the same day I post this thread. Then she brings up lotto the same day Beau asks for a volunteer. *tinfoil hat*

I think we can let her run it if she would like to do so, but I don't want it to be like a pass/fail test for early officership (I know, not a word).  I mean, if things go horribly and she skips town with all the gold, ok maybe that's a fail.  But if things go a little bit rough, I wouldn't want that to be the reason she doesn't get to be an officer, if I make any sense.

If we *do* offer her the opportunity to run the lottery, let's make sure that we give her our lessons learned from past lottos.
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:57 pm

Beau, should we extend the offer to let nix run this, if she wishes? Or would you prefer an officer do it?
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:28 pm

I say let Kara run it if she would like to. Also I'm ready to promote her if no objections.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:01 pm

No objections here.
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:22 pm

Fine with me
Nai
Nai
Level 21

Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2014-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:21 pm

If she is willing, I say go for it. I don't like the idea of a test for officer even though I've been known to test for Lord position. It seems we all agree that she is a good fit for officer all ready.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:41 pm

Sounds good to me! She is so darling.
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:35 am

I was just wondering if all officers could please push for the lottery... make sure to remind ppl and occasionally do a shout out in GC if it hasn't been done!
Some ppl havent known how to navigate the forum or were unsure of details.. it is very important we help out our newer ppl!
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness (AoL)
Number of posts : 522
City : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down