Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grab your Loot Sticks!

5 posters

Go down

Grab your Loot Sticks! Empty Grab your Loot Sticks!

Post by Midway Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Work in progress... pardon our dust

From what i hear. We have a few Guardians up and coming in levels soon. So i figure I would put together something that they and really anybody can use. Although this guide will be directed towards Guardians, as they are the best at tagging mobs. Other classes can make full use of this. You just won't get the most out of it.

This is a guide, but also another idea to get guildies together. To work together, enjoy each others company in Teamspeak, and finally earn some extra gold. I see a lot of guild mates hanging out in cities and not knowing what to do. And I truly understand that farming is boring. But if we're able to this stuff together. I hope that we can kill a few birds with 1 stone, so to speak. (I myself actually enjoy farming)

This guide will focus on farming Champ bags.

The build:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

To be honest there is no right build. (Supreme Justice in the Virtues tree should be your goto talent if you wish to modify this bulid) I pick up larger symbols and Two-handed Mastery, so make it easier to tag more mobs that stack up.

Weapons are Staff/Greatsword. With Sigil of Fire and Air on Staff. All armor should be berserker's. Travelers runes if ya want the extra run speed. Heal should be Shelter, utilities Retreat, Save Yourselves, and Purging Flames. Elite Renewed focus.

There are 3 Champ farms that i know of. Two are in the pve maps, the third is in a dungeon.

Frostgorge Sound
Cursed Shore
SEP1

Last edited by Midway on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Midway
Midway
Level 40

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Grab your Loot Sticks! Empty Re: Grab your Loot Sticks!

Post by Midway Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:26 pm

Frostgorge Sound

X's are portals. Circles are locations of champs.

Waypoints
Highpeaks Waypoint
Drakkar Waypoint
Dimotiki Waypoint
Skyheight Steading Waypoint
Earthshake Waypoint

Last edited by Midway on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Midway
Midway
Level 40

Back to top Go down

With the constant nerf to Cursed Shore and now that the time's are always different. I do not know at this time, the path currently most effective. Your best bet is to find a map with a decent commander and follow them.

(Hope to add more useful information later)

Last edited by Midway on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Midway
Midway
Level 40

Back to top Go down

Sorrow's Embrace. A guide for Guardian build has already been written up. Running the dungeon itself is pretty easy. But each group runs it slightly different. So i'll just leave a link to the build. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Midway
Midway
Level 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Midway Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:10 pm

Things to remember as a Guardian. Your staff may be your main weapon. But don't forget to switch to your Greatsword every now and then. The great sword has a great aoe attack and another symbol to be thrown down. Also a great gap closer if needed.

Your Virtues are your friends. Don't be afraid to use them.

Make sure you have magic find food at a bare minimum while farming.

Remember, you are SQUISHY AS FUCK! So learning to dodge and pulling out of a fight to heal back up is a lesson well learned.

Don't be afraid to party up, the more people in the party tagging, the less damage you need to do to get credit for the kill.

Lastly, if you are going farming. Try to invite some guildies if they wanna join in with your party. If you're alone (in a pug party but nobody to talk too), throw on some good tunes sit back and watch the loot roll in.
Midway
Midway
Level 40

Back to top Go down

Post by mirai.baka Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:39 am

Just another tip when using staff for farming. Skill 2 on staff 'Orb of Light' has a sencond attack in the skill chain 'Detonate Orb of Light'. A hint is to not detonate the orb. If you detonate it will go on a 11s cooldown however if you just let the orb go it only has a 2s cooldown. The other nice thing is this orb has 1200 range and penetrates 5 mobs which means even more tags. And if you have sigils of air and fire the more mobs you hit the more chances of proccing the sigils which means even more tags. Gotta love the guardian lootstick!

mirai.baka
Level 4

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 40
City : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2014-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudonym Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:57 am

mirai.baka wrote:Just another tip when using staff for farming. Skill 2 on staff 'Orb of Light' has a sencond attack in the skill chain 'Detonate Orb of Light'. A hint is to not detonate the orb. If you detonate it will go on a 11s cooldown however if you just let the orb go it only has a 2s cooldown. The other nice thing is this orb has 1200 range and penetrates 5 mobs which means even more tags. And if you have sigils of air and fire the more mobs you hit the more chances of proccing the sigils which means even more tags. Gotta love the guardian lootstick!

That is a great hint about tagging with Orb that many a new guardian does not know about the orb passing through everything for 1200. Note that it can also aggro things beyond your primary target.

As a side note, Orb of Light is very important in WvW for the opposite reason... When fighting at a choke, you can press 2 and quickly press it again and give the allies around you a heal for 1000hp. Very nice when all guardians are doing this in their rotation.
Pseudonym
Pseudonym
Level 26

Male
Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2014-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:24 am

As per midway's request, I will be putting together some sort of general cursed shore farming guidelines and tips at some point. Probably when I am no longer addicted to the halloween content. Smile
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female
Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:15 am

Stuff like this should really be in the Armory category.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:21 am

We can move it! Very Happy
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female
Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down