Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Activities to involve newer members.

+2
Bhukk
Cornucopia of Corn
6 posters

Go down

Guild Activities to involve newer members. Empty Guild Activities to involve newer members.

Post by Cornucopia of Corn Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:15 pm

So I've been thinking it would be cool to do more guild activities in-game. We have a good number but I thought I'd give my two cents. We could introduce an activity or two to introduce newer members to AoL and encourage them to be more active in the guild. GMs do a good job of that but it's random enough. Maybe something like "5 teams of people with 5 different tonics all at 5 corners of Grand Piazza in LA. When the Ref says go then everyone will rush to the middle and try to defeat each other in a costume brawl. The last team standing wins." I was even thinking of something as grand as a city siege but that would require so many people and instanced off zones would be a problem, Queen Jennah's throne room, but some grand activity that we do say...once a month could be really fun I think. I don't know if the Quaggan thing after gms is a regular thing but that would be a good example of this.

So give me your ideas for possible new guild activities it can be as simple as "find X" or as complex as something like the city siege mentioned above. Due to things like timezones, people online, and people willing to participate the larger and more complex ones will be more difficult to organize but I feel any way to get newer members to be more active in the guild would be wonderful! We get a lot of people who welcome in once and never see them talk again, I just want to encourage them to come out of their shell for a little while. So more Guild Activities to get people to come out their shells and join in on the insanity that is AoL <3

All suggestions will be taken into account and compiled into a straw poll or something similar so be creative. <333

Note: I understand people have schedules, life, work, and other things that get in the way but I think it'd be cool to try some grand massive event at least once, if only to say we did. <3

Note 2: Officer leadership/approval for any of these future "events" would/will (There's a tense here somewhere) greatly appreciated. <3

Last edited by Cornucopia of Corn on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Everybody love everybody <3)
Cornucopia of Corn
Cornucopia of Corn
Level 47

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 474
City : Cincinnati
Hobbies : Video Games. Friends. Basic Coding. Anime. Food. Taimi <3
Registration date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Guild Activities to involve newer members. Empty Re: Guild Activities to involve newer members.

Post by Bhukk Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:26 pm

first XD
Bhukk
Bhukk
Level 37

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 371
City : Rata Sum
Hobbies : fractaling
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Guild Activities to involve newer members. Empty Re: Guild Activities to involve newer members.

Post by Bhukk Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:27 pm

hide n seek ;o
Bhukk
Bhukk
Level 37

Male
Number of posts : 371
City : Rata Sum
Hobbies : fractaling
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea1704 Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:36 pm

Yeah I was thinking of hide and seek too, been thinking for that for a while now. But then in my way. I have an eternal furniture tonic. People will have to turn off character names and look for a random table or hammock or smth and first gets a prize
Andrea1704
Andrea1704
Level 55

Female
Number of posts : 570
City : Netherlands
Hobbies : Flowers, jumping puzzles, playing with the dog, GW2
Registration date : 2013-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:25 pm

GUILD DEATH DARTS!!!!

that's my 2c ;o
Nai
Nai
Level 21

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2014-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:27 pm

I miss my old Hide and Seek. I have not done it in a while because of the Mega Server thing. I would have to have an accomplice to get any seekers on the same map as I
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:28 pm

Or we could try it the SLD way and everyone hide and the last person found by the seekers is the winner.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudonym Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:04 am

I liked the SLD way when I was involved.
Pseudonym
Pseudonym
Level 26

Male
Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2014-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea1704 Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:57 am

I've never been there during the SLD way, possibly because of time difference. Please, if we do it, do it at different times so people from different timezones can participate as well. Moving abroad so expensiveee
Andrea1704
Andrea1704
Level 55

Female
Number of posts : 570
City : Netherlands
Hobbies : Flowers, jumping puzzles, playing with the dog, GW2
Registration date : 2013-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornucopia of Corn Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:07 pm

Andrea1704 wrote:Yeah I was thinking of hide and seek too, been thinking for that for a while now. But then in my way. I have an eternal furniture tonic. People will have to turn off character names and look for a random table or hammock or smth and first gets a prize

This sounds like it would be really fun to try out.
Cornucopia of Corn
Cornucopia of Corn
Level 47

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornucopia of Corn Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:10 pm

Andrea1704 wrote:I've never been there during the SLD way, possibly because of time difference. Please, if we do it, do it at different times so people from different timezones can participate as well. Moving abroad so expensiveee

If we do it multiple times throughout the day then we'll have to assign different leaders, so I could be leader 1 and whoever wants to be the next and so on just list your name and number. Ex: chickguy5 - 2.

Also respond with times/date that would work for everyone. I usually get on around 7pm EST so I could try something around that time either this week or next week or I could just do it Saturday after gms.
Cornucopia of Corn
Cornucopia of Corn
Level 47

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down