Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Leader

+2
Akroma
Kiera
6 posters

Go down

Guild Leader Empty Guild Leader

Post by Kiera Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:59 am

Ok question.... why are we calling Akroma out on the carpet on the general forum board that he's becoming a hermit or "another Vogo"? If we are feeling he is too busy or stressed or just NOT enjoying the game, why are we as Officers NOT picking up more or doing more to take care of what WE perceive as interferring with his gaming enjoyments?

Help me understand this as I was very saddened to read the posts this morning out there for everyone, including the alliance members, to read casting doubts on his enjoyment of the game nowadays.... did I not get the memo he sent or something was said that he isn't having fun any longer? *shakes head* maybe is different here in AoL but as a former GL, you know when you accept that mantle that it's up to you for balancing between tending to guild business and also maintaining your own personal enjoyment of the game, but you make that choice. It's also up to the Officers of the Guild to take on certain responsibilities and helping other Guildies so that the GL's time isn't sucked up by being a total mule. And may I mention too that while he not only has to contend with AoL, he's also the Alliance leader on a full-roster and quite truthfully I have no idea what the Officers in the other guilds do, but it seems like their people whisper for help even more then people just standing in LA do. So please, fill me in here because I am very lost and simply aghast over this....
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Guild Leader Empty Re: Guild Leader

Post by Akroma Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:06 am

This job is one that nobody wants. its not something that can refresh a guild by changing its seat to somebody else. its far easier said than done. i am not distancing myself from the guild, yes you see me less but that is in fact because i dont have 5-10 ppl to talk to and socialize with - i literally have hundreds. of course i miss hanging out with you guys. i do get out as often as i possibly can with what little time i do have. i am a master mutlitasker because of it. even when i do party with you and fighting or in a mission i'm also answering questions, etc. i really do mean it when i say i have HUNDREDS of ppl. i think you need to cut me some slack, lay off the topic. i do know, understand and realize FULLY where you all are coming from. after all i was the one who chased Vogo and was the harshest on him to spend time with us all. i know understand why he was scarce. most of that was because he was on so scarcely. i am on all the time. keep a guild above par is one thing, keeping an alliance above par is another. this is why Vogo entrusted me with it, because he knew i would do great at it. if somebody has a problem with the way i handle things - see me.
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaTellya Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:06 pm

Omg ! This is all i can think to say, People that would express the feelings that Akroma is now or has ever been anything but 1000% dedicated to this alliance and guild, what is wrong with this picture well let me try to enlighten Akroma is always there to help , omg ppl he is helping ppl while he is helping ppl always in the whispers And then he goes out and try's to plan extra events for all to enjoy and it looks like to me all he gets in return is more work practically begging all of you to do things to have fun. Also when ohter officers offer ya help you are all fine and dont need it then the second Akroma comes on its like i need i need i need act like others never tried to help and while we are on the subject of help lets define what help is Help is assisting someone to complete a quest or a mission or assist someone to get from point A to point B Help is not giving someone everything ppl you do need to work for somethings yourself, I am sorry if i have over stepped what ppl may feel are my boundries but i cant not help myself i wont stand by and watch someone who so doesnt deserve to be treated this way be the victim of any of the other members just as i would defend any of you that i felt were being wronged so before ya go and say such things just ask yourself how many times Akroma has been there for all of us
AnnaTellya
AnnaTellya
Level 7

Female
Number of posts : 77
City : Knoxville
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:33 pm

as i have said the "vogo" term isnt a negative term, vogo sacraficed to be more of an asset to the guild and the thing is akroma...your changing you honestly are maybe iam ignorant to say so or maybe iam right i have no idea. lately you've become more edgy and a lot less jolly now this by no means your not doing what you've always done but mearly begs the question "What kind of person do you have to become to be guild leader" whether its more demanding or more outgoing w/e you have expressed your dissappointment a lot more openly lately which could be a result of anything i suppose! BUT like i said maybe my heads up in the clouds idk i have my impressions like everyone else and iam sorry if iam raising hell as per usuall i dont believe we should have to baby-sit the alliance for somethings yes some cries for help go unanswered but we're suppose to maintian the ALLIANCE not each and every individual, if we see a surge of a certain guilds members in need of help we should take the problem to their GL problems that should be served for the alliance leader would be guild disputes like with AoD if we go thru all this hassle to take care of other guilds the focus doesnt reflect on our own

Mighty
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint(sc) Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:36 pm

*facepalm*

I can't help but think that I was partly to blame for this thread...Kiera, if you are talking about my post (and if you are then you know the one I'm talking about), then it was just a joke! >.< I don't want to feel like I shouldn't be allowed to joke with my guildies. ALL of my guildies. Because, in my view, there is NOTHING you should not be able to joke about.

With that being said, I WOULD like to say that I have noticed one very big point that Anna brought up myself. And that is people offering to help and getting no's from everyone, only to have the people who specifically said "No, I am fine and do not need help right now" turn around in 10-15 minutes when Akroma logs on and start badgering him to help them! I don't understand that at all. I even went so far as to message a few of the people I have seen do it with my own eyes and ask why they turned down help earlier but now that Akroma's on they are humping his leg like a dog in heat....and I'm usually ignored. Or I receive some cryptic reply about how "you don't know my problem, so don't worry about it" o.O

It's like everyone thinks Akroma can do things the rest of us can't because he is the one in charge of the guild and the alliance. And I'm not just talking about multi-tasking. We ALL know by now that Akroma could out-multi-task several world leaders at once. They seem to think he is the only one that can run them somewhere or he is the only one that knows how to do this mission. It's really really dumb.

The only way I could see to stop this from happening, though, is if Akroma takes a week or so and sets his status to offline or just away. And KEEPS it that way. That way, people have to start turning to their own guild leaders and officers or the alliance in general for help and we start weaning some of those moochers off of our leader. Sad If nothing else, he should suggest to some of these people names of either their own guild leaders or officers or some of us AoL officers that are more than capable of helping out.

I do what I can, as I am sure all of you do. The biggest reason I took on the Scavenger Hunt was to keep Akroma from having to do ALL of those events himself. That and I'd never done one before. Razz I want to see how it goes. ^._.^
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male
Number of posts : 629
City : Plantersville, TX
Hobbies : Most anything to do with Dinosaurs. :)
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:01 pm

*hugggsss* my post here isn't meant to be in any way offending and I didn't take yours Minsc to be either, I'm just bewildered at the volume Akroma shoulders on a daily basis.....

I like your suggest that he needs to start directing other guilds' members to their officers/GL for assistance first or to one of us. I would think his primary focus should be on his guildies and the other guild-leaders within the alliance... not so much tending to their members as well. And I would like to try and figure out a way where within AoL, we are first for getting asked to help.... not sure how we can change that mentality so our own guildies aren't running to him first.....
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Akroma Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:29 pm

there is a fine line between guild officers and members helping each other and inter-guild relations/friendships. guilds SHOULD primarily bond with themselves first and foremost. they should be able to handle, take care of and maintain what they built. HOWEVER! there are some guilds that are less fortunate than us - for those who have not seen outside the AoL walls, i have. I know the exact status of each and every guild out there, i know their history, their triumphs and epic fails. some guilds are incapable of holding the load, where we on the other hand are MORE than capable. Do not shy away from any of our allies, they are just that - for lack of a better word = allies. they are our friends and should be treated and helped, partied with, laugh/joke and most importantly have fun with just as if they were our own. period.

I have alot to say in regards to what Minsc said. I am all for joking, and i agree whole heartedly that we should be able to joke with each other in any way shape or form. we should be able to poke fun at ourselves, and each other without fear of throwing a truly harmful blow to somebody. I know at times i can show signs of stress, but thats because i put so much effort into all of this that it does affect me on a personal level. Like i've said all along, there is nothing more that i want other than for all of us to have fun with one another. thats why i try with all i've got to provide you all with as many ppl to enjoy this awsome game that has brought us all together. it does sadden me to see somebody up and leave the guild - i do in fact follow up with them to find out positive/negative feedback. things we could have done differently. we do in fact have a TINY turn around rate ppl coming/going. its tiny, trust me. ppl come in - they dont leave. nobody ever says our guild sucks. if they do leave its for a friends guild or some other childish reason. i went on a tangent...back to minsc.

I have seen a officers taking alot more attention to members lately. more so than in the past. I've always had my outgoing side - this is why ppl are so easily attracted to me and drawn when i sign on. some of the current officers obviously shine more than others - you know the ones who do and dont. the more you branch out, the more appealing the guild is to everybody. dont shy away from ppl, really honestly try to pick up others that you see online who usually remain quiet. even if you've NEVER spoke to them before - try to nudge your way into being their friend. i have had multiple conversations with each and every member on a routine basis. i check in with them. not just a "hey, how are you doing? whats new?" and then drop it after that. my convos usually contain, "what are you working on lately? party with any guildies recently?" things to find out more about them and where i can be best suited. granted some ppl are far more shy than others and even I barely get a whisper if at all. i do HIGHLY appreciate all efforts by you Minsc in regards to the scav hunt. i truly could not have done better myself. it is EXACTLY the sort of effort i was hoping some officers would step up to the plate and show. you are a model officer, and an even better friend. criticism good or bad i welcome. i'm not perfect, and i accept my flaws. i just did not want ppl to view things differently than they truly are - so i had to set it straight. i hope you all understand.

Mighty, I know you harp on me. I take it to heart. I was just like you, exactly. I admired Vogo, looked up to him because he was a good man. We all did. I know what its like to want to party with a friend that you dont see often. Believe me i feel horrible when i dont get out there and see you. You're not the only one on my list. I dont see Bane like i used to either. Me and Bane were inseparable. We'd sign on and immediately whisper, "where are you?" some ppl just click and thats the end of it. for example diggy and des. peas in a pod. never not by each others side. i used to see diggy alot more often too. but we're all branching out now a days, we all have our own projects and things we're trying to accomplish. We cant forget to come back to each other, even for the small things. the meetings should bring this back into focus.

Being a guild leader does in fact change you, beyond that an alliance leader is worse. I'm not looking to make any of you feel piety. Its tough, just have some understanding as i know some of you do..I have in fact changed a little. Not entirely - but my role has changed, and therefore alot of my own personal time is not my own. I will focus more on you all. You have my word.
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:46 pm

the reason you will always see me defend the leader position , is becose i know how hard it is , i cant thank akroma more for what he as been doing to our guild.
this is why made that post in a sad mood , i really dont like to see people making fun of our leader , as if they would do better. anyways , i hope this doesnt bring much drama into our officers , and we can respect akroma for what he does.

if an officer thinks this or that about the leader , talk to the leader first before calling him a vogo. vogo should not be used as a negative memory , vogo build this guild . the only thing i did was pay 100 gold to the npc to register the name , vogo build it.

so please everyone respect vogo.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint(sc) Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:03 pm

Yea, I know what you mean. Sarcasm is a big part of my sense of humor, and that just doesn't translate very well on a forum. :3 That is why I will include a 'lol' or a 'Razz' to let everyone know usually. heh.

I've said it in the past and I'll say it again here. I do know what it takes to be a guild leader. I've held the position myself in other games and even started on on GW trying to make my own guild that bombed something terrible. XD I couldn't even begin to imagine how much harder it must be to shoulder an entire ALLIANCE. Still, I have that outgoing side myself. To this day I still have people outside the alliance that message me in whispers and ask for help that I stumbled across and lent a hand to before I ever joined BVOP, much less AoL. lol. I should see about getting them to join when we have room next time. Razz I'll have to talk about it with them.

I'm glad we got this whole thing sorted out like we did. And even MORE glad that it wasn't my failed attempt at comedy that started it all. :3
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male
Number of posts : 629
City : Plantersville, TX
Hobbies : Most anything to do with Dinosaurs. :)
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:40 pm

*Big Group Hugs With Thwaps For Everyone!* And for using Vogo as a negative reference I don't think anyone has, for myself I took it to mean more along the lines of how older posts show Akroma chasing after him to relax and step out to have fun with guildie-groups, or allowing others to help him to further the Guild..... and here we are.... hmmm Mighty chasing after Akroma to step out to have more fun..... sensing a trend.... must get more coffee.... lol it just goes to show that regardless of whoever is at the helm of our home and the alliance, it is a very time-consuming position.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:31 pm

well i dont mean to badger! but the thing is this is a game and i really dont like to see
people stress in-game thats why i definately thing that starting meetings will be alot better
for the guild, we can sort things like this out inperson and begin making way for paving
the guilds future!

Mighty
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content