Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

guild mission rank

+4
Nai
The Beau Brothers
B E E Z
Blank De Ratche
8 posters

Go down

guild mission rank Empty guild mission rank

Post by Blank De Ratche Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:38 pm

Where did we fall on making a guild mission rank? I'd like to have it for sunday.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

guild mission rank Empty Re: guild mission rank

Post by B E E Z Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:40 pm

I think most people didn't want to do that? I don't know if we ever came to anything conclusive
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 1261
City : Charleston
Hobbies : stoofz
Registration date : 2013-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:03 pm

I was not opposed to the idea.  If we are going to have people who are not RLR or Liar joining us for Missions, and don't want to invite and kick every Sunday, I think it is a good idea.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:04 pm

I think it would be best to get the stuff with the ally rank and rep rules decided before figuring out if we really want a gm rank or not
Nai
Nai
Level 21

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2014-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:36 pm

I could be wrong, but it seemed like most people agreed that the regular Ally Rank should only be for Liars, and a few key members of RLR.  I can clean that up quickly if we move any of the odd allies that do mission into a guild mission rank.  

How about we give the Guild Mission rank a trial to see how it goes?  We will move as many as we can from Ally to Guild Mission.  Then, I will clean house on the Ally rank.  Later, we can decide how the Guild Mission rank is working out and if we want to keep it.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:37 pm

Well, I had already spoken my mind about what I thought of the use of the ally rank here. I'm not sure taking all those peeps and giving them a "GM rank" would change anything... It still sounds like a free pass to me. At the same time if we really change rep policy to "not full rep" then we don't really need that rank I guess.
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:03 am

I need to re-read your post, I agreed with most of what you said, but I think there were a few points that were not in sync.  I am primarily looking for a way to clean up the Ally Rank.  Separating out random GM people will allow me to clean house on the Ally Rank.  Then, we can decide how to handle the GM people later.  The repping policy is something else to work on entirely.  

It just bugs me that I see people like Viroex, Potchi, and a few others never rep anymore. I have not seen them represent in weeks.  I do not mind people who represent sometimes, but if you never represent then why be here at all?
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:46 pm

After thinking about what Yuri said, I pulling back to the stricter side. Allies should only be primarily Liars and a few RLR.  I would like to get stricter with regular members Repping.  Like right now we have 35 people online and 10 of them are regular members who are not representing.  

However, we have never said 100%; it was a loose 90%.  I don't think we as officers have the will or drive, to make AoL a real PvX guild.  So, I do not mind being a little loose on representing for WvW guilds, but they should always come back to us.  We should not take Oh I forgot to rep back as an excuse.  

A suggestion to them could be something like.... Most people have a toon that they do WvW on exclusively.  They could leave that one toon in the WvW guild and all of their other toons could be AoL.   

All that being said, I think we could experiment with a Guild Mission group if the Officers running Sunday Guild Mission manage it carefully.  It would be a useful tool to keep Sunday Missions alive.  We would have to be strict with it though.  Something like, if you miss two Sundays in a row, you will be kicked.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:18 pm

Out of curiosity, how many guild members (aol, not allies) actually NEED the Sunday gms? That is, how many are truly unable to attend the Saturday ones? I assume there are some that go to the Sunday ones instead of the saturday ones, but is that out of necessity? How many are just coming to Sunday to help, but don't need it then?

I mean, not to be a jerk or anything, but if we are busting our balls and using a lot of influence over two or three people, is it even worth it?
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female
Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:19 pm

^ seriously just wondering. Need to make sure we are agonizing over all these things for a good and real reason, before we keep going IMO.
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:58 pm

Especially since a bunch of our non-NA people just left...
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:08 pm

Let's not forget about Killander and Yuri who play those times frequently.  We lost a few people but there are still players during that time.  I am not willing to give up so easily.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:12 pm

I didn't say let's give up. I asked us to make sure they are actually needed.
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:46 pm

Kittynne wrote:Out of curiosity, how many guild members (aol, not allies) actually NEED the Sunday gms? That is, how many are truly unable to attend the Saturday ones? I assume there are some that go to the Sunday ones instead of the saturday ones, but is that out of necessity? How many are just coming to Sunday to help, but don't need it then?

I mean, not to be a jerk or anything, but if we are busting our balls and using a lot of influence over two or three people, is it even worth it?

That's actually something I was wondering about myself... I can easily be here on Saturday nights (Sunday morning for me) but am trying to attend the European ones just to boost the numbers a little...
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Durnik Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:44 pm

Since when does AoL exclude guild-mates?
We have always been about trying to help everyone. Even if it is just for a few people. They are part of AoL. We help our family. Plain and simple. Stopping Sunday morning Gm's would just make even more people leave from that time, make it harder to recruit, and then we would become a NA based guild. I feel like nobody is really seeing this as a problem.
Durnik
Durnik
Level 10

Male
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:59 pm

Dellz that'd be true if people weren't just joining on Sunday just for the sake of numbers like Yuri ....I think that's what the original question was trying to find out.
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:48 am

B E E Z wrote:Dellz that'd be true if people weren't just joining on Sunday just for the sake of numbers like Yuri ....I think that's what the original question was trying to find out.
Yep, totally just making sure we find out if we do indeed have people who need the Sunday missions, and not just like Yuri, who could go either way and only goes to Sunday because he thinks other people need it. Stop shooting the messenger inquirer please *hides*
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bhukk Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:49 pm

I usually do Saturday night missions in the winter cause im (mostly) not working. but in the summer i cannot attend them on Saturdays and would usually join on Sunday morning.
I know Sunday morning missions were originally intended for a few other players, but i am not sure who they were now or if they're still with us.
Bhukk
Bhukk
Level 37

Male
Number of posts : 371
City : Rata Sum
Hobbies : fractaling
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:23 pm

One thing we could try to do is find a guild to partner up with who do their guild missions at a different time. I know we've talked about this before but I'm not sure if anyone really looked into it. I know I haven't.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content