Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discipline

+4
Grawnaw
The Beau Brothers
seamonster
Dragnix Pheodron
8 posters

Go down

Discipline Empty Discipline

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:41 am

This is a little something that I have written up just now, I figured it may be worth while having something in writing, can you guys review and revise this for me please?? <3

Discipline.

This is not something that AoL has really enforced or had much emphasis upon, with the numbers of people that we have in the guild and the changes that are happening it is crucial that we are all on the same page.
Upon being promoted to Squire and above you have the access to Edit Lower Ranks; this entitles you to promoting and kicking members.

It is very important that we all understand the chain of command when it comes to discussing issues, what things can be dealt with by rank and when things need to be taken further.
The chain of command is clear... Squire > Knight > Lord > King

Squire:
- Conversations that look like they may turn badly
- Comments that are clearly rude, aggressive or unnecessarily provocative
- Bullying/ Excluding others
- Gossiping

These things can all escalate quickly and it is important that you step in as soon as possible to avoid anything becoming too serious, but also erring on caution, as we do not want to be too ‘controlling’.
It is very important that if there are any issues that you take a bit of time to chat to a Knight to inform them of what has happened, please ensure that Screenshots are taken as evidence.

Knight:
- All of the above as well as monitoring the Squires
- Reprimanding when required
- Diverting conversations into another channel to whispers if required
-       Kicking a member if the situation is uncontrollable and no Lords or King are present.

A Knight should be the first point of call when in a Guild social setting, they are often our most active and social members. What I mean by this is: Complaints need to be brought to a Knight firstly to make a judgement call; they have been promoted to the rank due to their capabilities to handle many situations, when they deem it necessary they may then refer the issue onto a Lord.

Many decisions are easily made by a Knight, but when it comes to kicking a member it is crucial that you get a Lord involved immediately regardless of the rank as they will be able to make a balanced decision based upon their knowledge and experience within the Game and Guild, they will escalate to Beau if required.

In saying all this, it is crucial that we keep everyone up to date with what is happening within the guild, and this is where our lovely Forum comes into play.. we need to make a small post regarding any issues (that could potentially cause more issues) within the Squire section for all officers to check and keep an eye on.
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness (AoL)
Number of posts : 522
City : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Discipline Empty Re: Discipline

Post by seamonster Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:35 pm

Remember that if we didn't trust you, you would not have become a Squire, or Knight.   Most situations usually can be resolved by using your head and heart.  Taking control of the problem before it becomes out of hand is paramount.
seamonster
seamonster
Level 21

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:29 am

I was thinking of moving this down to the officer section for them to have a read over and add any of their thoughts/opinions
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:45 am

Looks good.  Would be nice to have more input.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:19 pm

Can we have some input on this please
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Grawnaw Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:34 am

Reading over it and all sounds, fair and accurate, now I have a question if something goes wrong.
Eg. a Squire is present or Knight and does nothing? or is apart of the issue?
should this be covered as well? or am I over thinking things?

Grawnaw
Level 15

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 158
City : Melbourne
Hobbies : Gaming, Drawing, Handyman stuff,

Back to top Go down

Post by worf warrior Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:10 pm

Dragnix Pheodron wrote:This is a little something that I have written up just now, I figured it may be worth while having something in writing, can you guys review and revise this for me please?? <3

Discipline.

This is not something that AoL has really enforced or had much emphasis upon, with the numbers of people that we have in the guild and the changes that are happening it is crucial that we are all on the same page.
Upon being promoted to Squire and above you have the access to Edit Lower Ranks; this entitles you to promoting and kicking members.

It is very important that we all understand the chain of command when it comes to discussing issues, what things can be dealt with by rank and when things need to be taken further.
The chain of command is clear... Squire > Knight > Lord > King

Squire:
- Conversations that look like they may turn badly
- Comments that are clearly rude, aggressive or unnecessarily provocative
- Bullying/ Excluding others
- Gossiping

These things can all escalate quickly and it is important that you step in as soon as possible to avoid anything becoming too serious, but also erring on caution, as we do not want to be too ‘controlling’.
It is very important that if there are any issues that you take a bit of time to chat to a Knight to inform them of what has happened, please ensure that Screenshots are taken as evidence.

Knight:
- All of the above as well as monitoring the Squires
- Reprimanding when required
- Diverting conversations into another channel to whispers if required
-       Kicking a member if the situation is uncontrollable and no Lords or King are present.

A Knight should be the first point of call when in a Guild social setting, they are often our most active and social members. What I mean by this is: Complaints need to be brought to a Knight firstly to make a judgement call; they have been promoted to the rank due to their capabilities to handle many situations, when they deem it necessary they may then refer the issue onto a Lord.

Many decisions are easily made by a Knight, but when it comes to kicking a member it is crucial that you get a Lord involved immediately regardless of the rank as they will be able to make a balanced decision based upon their knowledge and experience within the Game and Guild, they will escalate to Beau if required.

In saying all this, it is crucial that we keep everyone up to date with what is happening within the guild, and this is where our lovely Forum comes into play.. we need to make a small post regarding any issues (that could potentially cause more issues) within the Squire section for all officers to check and keep an eye on.

confused by contradicting info there in green

but as usual well laid out and most part understandable(appart from green) although I do get what you mean Smile
I also believe that a bit more responsibility for and offender should go to the recruiter. IE the recruiter should be first to inform the offender of our rules and direct them to the forum and not only let them know about the negatives but also positive like promotions and how to get them Smile
worf warrior
worf warrior
Level 32

Guild : aol
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:48 pm

Thanks for pointing those out Mr. Tech.  I didn't catch that.  That does need to be clarified.

If an incident cannot wait, if a member is acting out and cannot be controlled a knight or even a squire may make the judgement to kick out to stop the incident. Incidents like these should be extremely rare (hopefully). However, the incident should be recorded (screen shot/take witness names) and brought to the attention of the Lords and other officers.

In a "very bad" situation, I trust your judgement. We may go back and contact the person if we feel that there is any way to smooth things over, but in a case like that I would doubt it.

In less severe situations, just screen shot and/or make a post in the squire/officer section. Officers and Squires can decide the best way to handle the situation.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by worf warrior Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:38 pm

ok ty gotcha Smile
worf warrior
worf warrior
Level 32

Guild : aol
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by seamonster Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:43 pm

what Beau said.
seamonster
seamonster
Level 21

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Tech Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:58 pm

Thank you Kara, Beau between the two of you i understand what you mean, i do keep an eye on those who i recruit and have already told one to behave and they apologized straight away so i was happy Very Happy flower flower
Mrs Tech
Mrs Tech
Level 17

Female
Number of posts : 179
City : Coventry UK
Hobbies : GW's FB, Knitting,Darts,
Registration date : 2014-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonic cassandra Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:16 pm

Read through the discipline notes all seem to be pretty accurate on what we all need to do if any off these problems arise in ts or guild chat, As Seamon says it`s just a matter of all officers watching out for anything that happens and using ur head or heart to nip it in the bud as quickly as possible before it escalates an gets outta hand.
Demonic cassandra
Demonic cassandra
Level 21

Male
Guild : aol the best
Number of posts : 212
City : Antrim
Hobbies : Gaming-Fishing-an more Gaming lol.
Registration date : 2015-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mutt Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:51 pm

read and understood. good job kara
Mutt
Mutt
Level 9

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2015-05-16