Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFFICER expectations. EDITED

Go down

OFFICER expectations. EDITED Empty OFFICER expectations. EDITED

Post by Midway Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:03 am

Officers
1. officers in our guild will be held to a higher standard behavior-wise in our guild. This includes in guild and out of guild chat.  I don't like any members trolling but it won't be tolerated by officers. I cannot state this enough.  I've seen and heard about this in the past and it will no longer be accepted.  If you have a problem with someone take it to whisper or team chat, or even to me if you cannot resolve it.  I've talked to officers who have broken this and will be demoting for violations.  (joking around with friends is of course exempt.)

1a. Edited to add ALL officer discussions are for officers only, do not discuss them with other members, and any official conversation between you and other members is also confidential, do not share without their permission, unless you feel you need to bring it to my attention. then I want to know.
2. Officer duties.  I would like each officer to take responsibility for something, maybe something as small as helping new members or something as big as administration of promotions.  I believe andrea is handling the militia and above promotions.  Kitty is taking care of non-reppers.  A dungeon training or WvW officer would be great, even a team of officers for this. (I'm also going to go over ranks and see what I want to change, though I will talk to anyone before I change them)

3. Putting out fires, from time to time members (either on purpose or jokingly will step over the line.  It's your job to put them in their place nicely.  99% of this can be done quickly and easily.  If you have a problem with a member or they are not taking you seriously, Bring the problem to my attention or a Lord.  If a member is completely disrespectful and rude to other members, then officers may kick this member based on their own judgement. Please take screen shots though. also it's important to try to screenshot all conversations regarding guild business, that way we don't end up with he said she said stuff.

4.  We are not servants.  We are here to help and should do so when we can but no one is expected to drop everything to help a guildee. We play this game to have fun, and if it's not fun why do it?  Try to answer requests in chat but play your game first.  

5. Just help the guild run smoothly, We want this to be a good place for everyone.  We're a casual guild with many different playing styles and many different interests,  As a guild we don't specialize in really anything, but any officer (or member for that matter) is more than welcome to do this.

6. If you have a specialty (PvP WvW, Dungeons, Fractals etc) please be willing to help others learn that if they request it.  Not a requirement but would love to get more people doing more things.

7. Log in at least a few times a week and check forums a few times a week.

7.5 Start a weekly group event as described in the other thread.

Lords (all of the above and)
8.  #1 goes double for you, I need to talk to some people about this but I expect lords to be above the pettiness.  There are issues with this I will soon be addressing.  I think I've been too lax in this but no longer.  

9. Guild Que  Beau and Bruno do an excellent job with this, and I know I want us holding back for now but after we build things up we'll get business as usual  as a General rule as long as we're not saving up for anything spend no more than approximately 80% of what we earn,  for the moment no more than 50%  (exceptions if needed for guild missions)

10.  If there is a problem with the King they are the ones who are to let him know about it.  AoL is never to be a dictatorship and NO ONE is to be chosen King who will not step down if the officers agree he (or she  if Andrea's evil plan comes to fruition) should.

King* (all of the above and)

11. The kings job is to make sure the officers are doing their job.  His (or hers if Andrea gets her way) job is NOT to order people around but to bring it to the attention of officers who are not doing what is expected and explain nicely.

12. #1 goes triple for the King, he is NEVER to get into public arguments with members or officers.  Or people in map chat.

13. The King is the final go to for any arguments  between guildees and must be approachable.  

14. Finally the buck stops here.  The King is responsible for all final decisions.  The king must take officer  opinions into account and if he won't listen and does things arbitrarily that persons should be asked to step down and should do it.

I find our officers for the most part to be doing a great job, and while I would like to see some take more responsibility at thing I understand we all have real lives and do what we can. If for any reason you feel you cannot do this or have a problem with it please let me know and we'll talk about it, and try to hammer it out.

Please put your suggestions or comments below, if you disagree with anything or would like to add anything let me know.
Midway
Midway
Level 40

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down