Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Process of Recruiting and Kicking

Go down

Process of Recruiting and Kicking Empty Process of Recruiting and Kicking

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:10 am

Our members are the most important part of AoL and we must ensure that we are aware of the correct way of bringing someone into our family!
With our changes in ranks and the expectations and requirements becoming slightly more detailed we are happy to allow Squires the ability to recruit!

For map posts you can use:

Army of Lightness [AoL] are recruiting! Social, Casual, Large, Everyone Welcome. PvE/Fractals/Dungeons. Guild boosts Daily. Missions 2x weekly. TS3, Forum, Facebook. Love voice chatters. PM me. (Blackgate)
It is also fun to add a little bit of fun/spice into it.. I like adding things like:
Looking for some awesome, hilarious people to help keep me company! Very laid back, willing to help anyone at what ever level or experience they’re at!

Individual people with no tags:

Hey!  I notice you are not representing a guild.  Are you interested in one?  My guild is a casual, socially oriented, mostly PvE guild.  We are welcoming to players of all levels.
If you might be interested, I'm happy to answer any questions.

Once you have someone you're talking to that seems interested.. get to know them a little.. find out their names, where they live, what they main, what there favourite thing to do in the game...
Build a bit of a relationship with them, it makes the transition into the guild MUCH better and easier.

Give them a bit of information about yourself and info about the guild.. i.e 420+ members, been around for over 7+ years, Blackgate, PvE primarily but wanting to move into move PvX.. working on getting ready for the xpac and new guild halls!

If they are still interested.. send the invite, and give them the basic information required.. i.e: our Forum address, Facebook, TS3, and make sure they are aware of our message of the day!

The forum is becoming one of the most important tool with AoL, please take the time to ensure your new recruit registers ASAP as we cover ALL our policies, procedures and 'how to' guides (and many more topics) within. Please stress the importance!

Teamspeak (aol.emanon.us) is one of the other important tools, please stress the importance of using this, even if it is only to come on and listen ESPECIALLY during Guild Missions!

Don't forget to ask them what they would like to be known as and introduce them into the guild (once they have accepted and are representing).

Once you invite a person, don't just forget them... take time to keep talking to them, make sure you encourage them to take part in groups and parties.. direct them on where they may go if they need a little extra help :-)

With the power of recruiting.. also comes the power to edit lower ranks, which means kicking. This can be a very tricky power. I would strongly advise not to kick ANYONE, if there is an officer online and available take the issue to them immediately and they will follow the steps involved. However, in some severe cases that NO officer is available.. be very aware that we do NOT kick unless 100% necessary and use the guides and procedures outlined already. SCREENSHOTS ARE CRUCIAL!!!!

When kicking guild members, keep in mind to remain as polite as possible.  These are a few things that must be done before kicking someone:

Give a warning
 Give an explanation to why they were kicked
 Allow them to apologize to any and all affected by said reason
 Message an officer letting them know who is being kicked and why
 If it is publicly done, those guild members have to be told why it happened
 Take screenshots.

In essence, we do not kick people arbitrarily without telling them what behaviors were incorrect.

If you have any questions.. please don't hesitate to come to me or another officer :-D
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness (AoL)
Number of posts : 522
City : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down